British Speedway Forum

Poole have done well to get him early on that average.

Holder x2 Kurtz klindt Shanes and 1 more average fitting Brit. That's my prediction.

Hi Gavan

As an observer and occasional Poster I think you do post a lot of interesting points many of them are true.

However I do notice how its like waving a red rag to a bull when you rise to the bait with Starman which occasionally is entertaining but much of your exchanges become too much. Starman is equally to blame.

I enjoy both your contributions at times and manyof our comments Gav as a non Poole supporter merit respect and are true such as the situ's with Klindt/Newman and the very frustrating Kazp. You made plenty of observations and comments on all 3 and some well in advance of what eventually happened in respect of how good/bad they became or stood still on av. etc.

I welcome both your inputs guys but just wish you would both keep it to Speedway with the odd bit of banter. You are both valuable members of a breed of supporter most would welcome to get interested in the sport. Lets not totally wipe each other out. There's room for characters like you two guys as you are the lifeblood of the speedway even if you don't see eye to eye on many things in the sport :-)

Unfortunately there are some people on this forum who you just simply cannot debate with.

Poole have 2 such people and quite simply i dont suffer fools or people who have no input simply looking for a way to have a pop.

Check this thread out i have made comments about the signing of Woryna.......comments that say he is a good signing..

And then the forum fool comes along and doesnt even discuss the sport just has a pop as per usual.

Check the forum out and see how many others react to Starmans posts......the man obviously enjoys being ridiculed.

I get on pretty well with the Poole fans on here..................they are fed up with said person as well

Nothing wrong with my intellect, its your sanity i worry about. Havn't you got a championship team to support instead of flooding the poole threads.

You came on the Ipswich thread remember and you were told in no uncertain terms to get lost because you make no contribution as normal.

Now i ask you again what am i jealous of?

I liked Kacper a lot at Coventry in that he was a rider who had good relationship with the fans and had some good races at reserve at Brandon and occasionally at Wolves.

However some of his scores away were shocking in the uk.

I wish him luck.

I think it's laughable for Matt Ford to claim he's the next Magic at this moment

Yes it's a bit like calling Jack Holder and Brady Kurtz the new turbo twins a bit ott.

Never really rated him when he rode for Coventry. Couldn't gate and didn't do much from the back.

Although it sounds as though he's improved this year

Poole have done well to get him early on that average.

Holder x2 Kurtz klindt Shanes and 1 more average fitting Brit. That's my prediction.

I am hoping the other brit will be Newman.

• Like 1

Steve Shovlar, on 18 Aug 2017 - 10:24 AM, said:

Absolutely stonking signing!

Well done Matt Ford. Woryna is a simply stunning talent and watching him race this year in Poland has been special. Even last night he showed Zmarzlik the way home in the pairs and has been banging in big scores nearly every week in the Polish top flight. And only 19 years old.

Destined for the GPs in the next couple of years imo. Get in there!

Why has he not ridden in the UK this season Steve ?

Richie Worrall came in and did a good job for Poole in their hour of need, and I'd have thought it would have been a nice gesture by Matt Ford to offer a talented Brit a job before an overseas rider.

• Like 1

Richie Worrall came in and did a good job for Poole in their hour of need, and I'd have thought it would have been a nice gesture by Matt Ford to offer a talented Brit a job before an overseas rider.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Only if on a "ringer" average

Don't get why you think it's ludicrous tho.

Both Poles had very average seasons when they rode for Coventry and Wolves respectively.

Woryna rode last season so only has had one season out the sport. Tobi has had 2 seasons out the UK before signing for Swindon.

On this issue the ruling is very clear however .... More than 2 seasons out of the UK. Both riders haven't had more than 2 seasons out the UK.

Have either progressed massively to require a reassessment???? Not that much in all honesty.

Ok- firstly I think averages should be based on the previous season, so if a rider skips a season in the uk their average should be based on a converted average from overseas leagues.

Woryna has gone from being a 5pt rider in Poland to an 8pt rider who finished 2nd on the Ekstraliga riders championship. If you don't consider that a significant improvement I'd be interested to know what he would have needed to do for you to consider it one?

As for Musielak - from memory he averaged 4.6 from the mouth tougher HL spot so that average was already artificially low. But the really ridiculous thing is at the start of the season he would have come in with a 1.4 multiplier. So a little under 7. The points limit was dropped mid season by 16%. So logically the multiplier should have dropped to around1.2. But bewilderingly the multiplier was dropped altogether, so Musielak came in on an average effectively 16% lower than if he had been signed at the start of the season. How can you not think that is the most ludicrous rule on a long line of ludicrous rules around averages?

When Coventry sign half their 2011 team and they changed the rules to screw the club I seem to remember a number of Poole fans claiming it was foolish to sign riders before the AGM.

I hope Poole get idioted over. As for Woryna, he's got his wish. I just wish he'd never signed for Coventry int he first place. I'll never forgive him for signing and giving an interview in the Speedway Star waxing lyrical about Poole - still, it meant Havvy had someone to get excited about in the pits with when Poole were doing well.

Tbf if he is given an 8pt average that isn't Poole being screwed over, its commonsense.

If they somehow get him on a 4.6 fair play to them for a good signing.

Edited by waihekeaces1
  • Like 1

Matt sees averages first and foremost...

Just hope the fans and club exercise patience with the lad.

The UK tracks are not like Poland and in my opinion UK requires more skill on smaller tracks which are also in the main not up to the quality of the Polish tracks OVERALL.

Magic proved that having some years in UK improved him no end over a 3/4 year period to make him what he is now i.e a potential World Champion. Lets not get carried away though. Poole need a period of calm after the calamities of this year. If they can secure a top flight number one (like a Magic again) and have good strength in depth with the likes of Kurtz and Holder JR to hopefully come on as well as maybe Shanes and Newman (or a.n.other) then the lad wont have the World on his shoulders.

Whatever the general opinion is on Chris Holder (and for sure its divided especially amongst other teams supporters) I still think he is a steal at 7.16. Some are writing him off as a has been who is only using British Speedway. This year its no secret he has struggled with the engines not being tuned good enough to give him the speed we know he is capable of. Look at his scores in Poland when he rode 2/3 matches on Medzinskis equipment recently. Much more like the old Chris Holder. I think a more focused Chris in 2018 back at his home club Poole on hopefully better running equipment with his friend and co Aussie Brady as well as younger Brother Jack could revitalise him. At 7.16 one would be crazy not to take him back. For all the negative press amongst some supporters and Promoter.../s he could be a good influence if he channels the positives. He needs to also put the Darcy horror and the difficulties of his personal relationship last year behind him. Coming back to Poole also keeps him close to his boy who we know he loves to bits.

I would like to think a more focused Chris will rediscover his form if he can also get his engines and mind set sorted.

Whatever the issues, id take him back tomorrow.

Whatever the issues, id take him back tomorrow.

I'd rather he sorted them out first!!

I'd rather he sorted them out first!!

If there is a problem Matt is not on for holding grudges. Its business not personal.

Edited by Starman2006

If there is a problem Matt is not on for holding grudges. Its business not personal.

I hope Kyle has the same attitude. Because he would be the first brit on my list to ride for Poole.

A question for Skidder1 and anyone else wanting to comment.

My thoughts posted earlier on 2018 Poole team were.

Magic/Chris Holder/B.Kurtz/J.Holder/Kacper Woryna/Kyle Newman/J.Shanes

On the basis of current GSA (starting 21/8) it just scrapes in (by 0.25) on a 42 point av and meets a 2 Brits rule.

Skidder commented on another thread that he thought I would be lucky to see 3 or 4 of those names in for 2018. My question to Skidder when back online is who in his opinion does he NOT think will be in my 7 named and any other thoughts on who would/might be. Same comment to other posters.

Early days I know but certain posters incl Skidder seem to normally have insight as to what MIGHT happen like the Woryna signing which was kind of hinted or clues given well before the announcement.

• Like 1