British Speedway Forum

I don't blame riders for putting Poland first. It's just annoying when there are fixture clashes!! Wouldn't be so bad if Poland stuck to a couple of race nights a week but when they rearrange for a Weds.... :nono:

They don't care about us. Part of me wants to be outraged... but a bigger part of me feels like we'd do exactly the same thing if we were in their position. They've stamped their authority on speedway whilst we've squabbled over pathetic rule changes and diluted our league year after year. Poland won, and we've got to take what we can get, despite the fact that it is a bitter pill to swallow.

I don't blame riders for putting Poland first. It's just annoying when there are fixture clashes!! Wouldn't be so bad if Poland stuck to a couple of race nights a week but when they rearrange for a Weds.... :nono:

Surely you see the irony of suggesting that Poland should stick to two race nights...

Smektala only finished 3rd and Kubera 4th.

Lambert is doing just fine.

They're still both very good riders, but so is Robert...

Also Robert Lambert would improve a lot quicker if he learnt how to bloomin' gate!!

This is the most truthful thing I have seen about Robert on this thread... Chris Harris can't gate either, neither can Woffinden, is it something British?

Unless you're also saying that the same applies to someone's dad, that is sexist. You should be ashamed.

He said this to a female, haha, not that I'm particularly offended or care, just pointing that out...

Edited by Dandelion

Wow you would think by the over reaction on here that Woryna is going to come in and add 2 or 3 points to his average and become a world beater lol

His average has increased in Poland because he has been riding against reserves for Rybnik. The reserves in the Polish league are not up to much so he has been racking up 12-13 points a meeting easily.

I would say he will do well to get a 6 point average over here.

As for Shovlar he is just spouting his usual rubbish. Drabik is different class to Woryna way ahead in terms of performance.

Lambert quite clearly is also some way ahead of Woryna to.

Woryna is on a par with Smektala and Kubera.

Put Dan Bewley in a race with Woryna over here and my money would be on Bewley

Musielek has been scoring heavily in the heat leader role for the same team

Decent signing for Poole on his average but its nice to see the Poole fans going overboard like they did with KK and Klindt and how did that turn out lol

Edited by Gavan

I've only seen Drabik the once, in that u-21 meeting, and he looked insanely good

I've only seen Drabik the once, in that u-21 meeting, and he looked insanely good

He is and is the next big star of the Polish conveyor belt....to say Woryna is as good is basically rubbish

A great signing for the club and with his grandad Antoni being a really popular rider for the club it was always on the cards that Kasper would ride for the Pirates.When i saw him last year he really impressed me and he certainly has gone up two notches this year in his performances.His consistency is his problem crashes (ect) but he can iron that out Drabik is the next Pole to hit the bigtime a Future GP rider but Woryna is a very good rider in his own right.The Pirates with Holder,Kurtz,Shanes,Woryna have a good youthful look about them the future looks good.

Edited by Sidney the robin

He is and is the next big star of the Polish conveyor belt....to say Woryna is as good is basically rubbish

I don't want to say anything other than the few times I've seen Woryna, he's not been as good as the once I've seen Drabik, but I've not seen either enough to judge them, Kacper is still a big potential for the future though still, just not as much as Maksym? He's still only 20 afterall... I'm excited to see Maksym Drabik again then, are there any other meetings I can watch him in other than the first round of the u-21 championship, thanks...

I hope his namesake, ginger Kacper gets a team place too, I love his style, he seems like a tough but fair rider

Edited by Dandelion

Wow you would think by the over reaction on here that Woryna is going to come in and add 2 or 3 points to his average and become a world beater lol

His average has increased in Poland because he has been riding against reserves for Rybnik. The reserves in the Polish league are not up to much so he has been racking up 12-13 points a meeting easily.

I would say he will do well to get a 6 point average over here.

As for Shovlar he is just spouting his usual rubbish. Drabik is different class to Woryna way ahead in terms of performance.

Lambert quite clearly is also some way ahead of Woryna to.

Woryna is on a par with Smektala and Kubera.

Put Dan Bewley in a race with Woryna over here and my money would be on Bewley

Musielek has been scoring heavily in the heat leader role for the same team

Decent signing for Poole on his average but its nice to see the Poole fans going overboard like they did with KK and Klindt and how did that turn out lol

Bit of a weird post from you to be honest Gavan. Klindt was a brilliant signing... so not really sure what you mean by that. And I don't see any Pirates fans going overboard? Where do you get these things from? British speedway will be lucky to have more than 1 GP rider next year. Our expectations of a great signing have changed drastically. The new "great signings" are these young foreigners that actually want to ride over here. No older than our young Brits, but with greater racing experience, financial backing and from a winning pedigree.

Bit of a weird post from you to be honest Gavan. Klindt was a brilliant signing... so not really sure what you mean by that. And I don't see any Pirates fans going overboard? Where do you get these things from? British speedway will be lucky to have more than 1 GP rider next year. Our expectations of a great signing have changed drastically. The new "great signings" are these young foreigners that actually want to ride over here. No older than our young Brits, but with greater racing experience, financial backing and from a winning pedigree.

Agree totally if the likes of Smektala, Kubera, venture over here to get experience that has to be good for us the spectator.I know Britain is way down the pecking order now but those riders named will improve as riders certainly if they have to master our more technical tracks.Musielak is a great example at Wolves he struggled did well away but that experienced gained certainly has made him improve as a rider.

Woryna is a good signing for Poole and I think with a bit more experience and guidance will become a lot more consistent ...as for comparisons to Drabik a little bit unfair as to me they are very much different propositions with Max having a more tidier compact style and Woryna a bit less so but very much an entertaining exciting rider .There has been a lot of extra pressure put on Drabik previously which I think has led to too much expectation whereas Woryna has gone under the radar somewhat maybe a bit like Wozniak this season but in some ways these are all fairly close to each other in standard and I guess you can throw Musielak back into that equation now ..sometimes you can have too many prospects and each season they will probably keep jumping up and down the order! Good signing and I disagree with Gavan with his dismissal of adding 2-3 points on his average with his mentality and confidence this year I expect him to at least attain a 7 plus average

Woryna is a good signing for Poole and I think with a bit more experience and guidance will become a lot more consistent ...as for comparisons to Drabik a little bit unfair as to me they are very much different propositions with Max having a more tidier compact style and Woryna a bit less so but very much an entertaining exciting rider .There has been a lot of extra pressure put on Drabik previously which I think has led to too much expectation whereas Woryna has gone under the radar somewhat maybe a bit like Wozniak this season but in some ways these are all fairly close to each other in standard and I guess you can throw Musielak back into that equation now ..sometimes you can have too many prospects and each season they will probably keep jumping up and down the order! Good signing and I disagree with Gavan with his dismissal of adding 2-3 points on his average with his mentality and confidence this year I expect him to at least attain a 7 plus average

Depends where he rides. If he starts at reserve he should clean up, but at second string he will possibly struggle. If he gets a 7 average it will be due to him being a reserve.

I also have said its a good signing but there seems to be a lot of pressure on him from some Poole fans already

I think Hagonshocker has it spot on really, and yes dont forget Wozniak i have always liked him hope he is seen again on our tracks.Woryna for me can come in and hit the ground running and i think he can average seven plus i have a feeling he could be a real force around a PREPARED Wimborne Rd.

Just a very small taste of Woryna last week riding against "reserves".

Semi final. 38 mins 30 secs. Against "reserves" Doyle, Laguta and Holta.

Final. Go to 40mins 47secs. Against "reserves" Madsen, Zmarzlik and Dudek.

Gavan clearly doesn't watch Polish speedway to realise just how good young Woryna is. Talking about making himself look a pillock. Lol!

Drabik also rides as a Polish reserve.

Lambert rides in the Polish Third division.

Polish reserves like Drabik and Woryna are used to replace top 5 team members during meetings all the time.

Perhaps Gavan should watch last Sundays Ribnik v Torun Extraleague meeting where Woryna, (who Gavan thinks is nowhere near as good as Lambert) sees off the Torun team.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

isnt it pathetic when so called fans are thinking of 2018 when 2017s only 2/3rds done,terrabal stuff.

• Like 1