British Speedway Forum

probably lower points limit to reduce costs and most promoters would support the move,i would guess poole crowds down around 20% this yr so need to control the outgoings

Matt will still push for the higher points limit.

• Like 1

probably lower points limit to reduce costs and most promoters would support the move,i would guess poole crowds down around 20% this yr so need to control the outgoings

This forum is like a vacuum for intelligence. The crowds are down because of the last cost cutting exercise. The crowds will only go up when we spend money and increase quality! Why can't anybody understand this basic fundamental? If we reduce costs again next season, we'll have to reduce them again the following season and then again the following season... Eventually there will be no costs left to reduce as there won't be any sport left!

Cutting cost = Reduction in quality

Reduction in quality = Reduction in attendance

Reduction in attendance = Reduction in revenue

Reduction in revenue = Cost cutting required.

If attendances are down 20% this year alone, imagine how screwed this league will be in 4 years time!

• Like 1

i was responding to skidders post where he indicated matt ford had said he was hoping for a lower points limit

• Like 2

Surprisingly, I was told that MF was overheard to state he would be hoping for a lower points limit to start next season??!! :shock::wink:

hmmm, who to believe.. there's only one way to find out 'to coin a certain catchphrase' :D:D

• Like 1

I agree with BurntFaceMan. If you want to attract people to the sport then you need the best riders. The GP series has quite a good viewing on BT Sport. And people only see that and want to see that on a regular basis.

Not convinced that Matt wants the points limit to go down. Be better to put the limit up to 50 and with fixed race nights that could see GP stars in all teams.

Nope. When Timo moves into the 1-5 he will end up struggling just like Klindt and Starke.

He didn't struggle in the 1-5 vs Leicester!! :D

I agree with BurntFaceMan. If you want to attract people to the sport then you need the best riders. The GP series has quite a good viewing on BT Sport. And people only see that and want to see that on a regular basis.

Not convinced that Matt wants the points limit to go down. Be better to put the limit up to 50 and with fixed race nights that could see GP stars in all teams.

Maybe Matt is doing some reverse psychology!
  • Like 1

Is it only Poole fans who believe the big names will come??

He didn't struggle in the 1-5 vs Leicester!! :D

I know but that was only 1 meeting though. Just my opinion.

I would like to see this top 5

1. Janowski

2. Woryna

3. C. Holder

4. J. Holder

5. B. Kurtz

So that leaves about 18 points for the two reserves!!!

Fair point.

Lets see if I can guess. Skidder could you answer the following questions please.

Does this rider currently ride in Britain?

Has this rider ridden in Britain in the past?

Is the rider a Poole asset?

Is the rider a HL, 2nd string or reserve?

Is the rider British?

As you are clearly overcome with excitement and anticipation I'll give you a clue by answering one of your questions..

The answer to one of your questions is YES! :D:party:

I know but that was only 1 meeting though. Just my opinion.

I would like to see this top 5

1. Janowski

2. Woryna

3. C. Holder

4. J. Holder

5. B. Kurtz

You might be lucky with 2 of those!!!!?

This forum is like a vacuum for intelligence. The crowds are down because of the last cost cutting exercise. The crowds will only go up when we spend money and increase quality! Why can't anybody understand this basic fundamental? If we reduce costs again next season, we'll have to reduce them again the following season and then again the following season... Eventually there will be no costs left to reduce as there won't be any sport left!

Cutting cost = Reduction in quality

Reduction in quality = Reduction in attendance

Reduction in attendance = Reduction in revenue

Reduction in revenue = Cost cutting required.

If attendances are down 20% this year alone, imagine how screwed this league will be in 4 years time!

They dont understand, no quality no league.

As you are clearly overcome with excitement and anticipation I'll give you a clue by answering one of your questions..

Only 2.

J. Holder isn't going anywhere on his average. Must be him who has signed for 2018.

I think it's just a rumour flying around. I don't buy it for one second. Considering 2 weeks ago he said he wanted fix race nights because more GP riders

I've had other people involved with Poole. That this is rubbish. It's a rumour flying around no evidence.

Let's just see what happens. Let's see if we can still get in the top 4 this year!

Updated: As I 'm in a good mood tonight I'll give you a 2nd clue - The answer to 2 of your questions is YES!!