British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

James Shanes style entering corners is/will hold him back. He sort of throws the bie into a corner and while it will get him so far, his stle does have limitations. Trouble is how do you completely change your racing style? Much easier said than done.

It is difficult but what might help is if he goes to any GB training sessions or anywhere and is led round by a much more senior rider, then may see where he needs to change what he is doing.   

11 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

It is difficult but what might help is if he goes to any GB training sessions or anywhere and is led round by a much more senior rider, then may see where he needs to change what he is doing.   

Yeh its going to take time mate, as i said to Somilier he's been predominantly a grass track rider, so its going  to take time he wont be able to change his style overnight,. but he is improving, and thats all you can ask. Our forcast for Weds is looking promising, lets just hope we dont get to much rain Mon/tues.

Edited by Starman2006

2 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Yeh its going to take time mate, as i said to Somilier he's been predominantly a grass track rider, so its going  to take time. but he is improving, and thats all you can ask.

We need the likes of him, Zach, Max and a couple of others included in any GB team training etc, they could be the future of the GB team so need to be taught properly and given as much experience as possible while they are learning. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

We need the likes of him, Zach, Max and a couple of others included in any GB team training etc, they could be the future of the GB team so need to be taught properly and given as much experience as possible while they are learning. 

Yep i agree with you, all including young bewley are the future, of course as you know,  that proper international standard is a long way off for those guys, but they will all learn in time. I mean, even established riders in there team could give a helping hand, but obviously, you would rather see them do it on a training track rather when points are at stake.

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

James Shanes style entering corners is/will hold him back. He sort of throws the bie into a corner and while it will get him so far, his stle does have limitations. Trouble is how do you completely change your racing style? Much easier said than done.

Always loved his riding style since I first saw him at Coventry. Probably not the quickest but it sure does look good. :lol:

9 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Always loved his riding style since I first saw him at Coventry. Probably not the quickest but it sure does look good. :lol:

Yeh, he will continue to learn and improve Gem. He has improved his equipment for this season, so if he could attain or slightly improve his average then job done.

• Like 1

I think Shanes has the potential and his grass track background shouldn't be a disadvantage. Many youngsters progressed from the grass to the shale in the 60's, 70's and 80's. If he is prepared to listen and learn he would benefit from an experienced rider taking him under his wing in the way that Steve Lawson mentors Bewley. 

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

I think Shanes has the potential and his grass track background shouldn't be a disadvantage. Many youngsters progressed from the grass to the shale in the 60's, 70's and 80's. If he is prepared to listen and learn he would benefit from an experienced rider taking him under his wing in the way that Steve Lawson mentors Bewley. 

At Swindon you could see the improvement in the youngsters as they were led round by Leigh Adams, who would sometimes slow down to ride with them during a race, and in after the meeting rides with them as well showing them how to position themselves on the track.  So a team or national mentor is what is needed for the youngsters.   

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

At Swindon you could see the improvement in the youngsters as they were led round by Leigh Adams, who would sometimes slow down to ride with them during a race, and in after the meeting rides with them as well showing them how to position themselves on the track.  So a team or national mentor is what is needed for the youngsters.   

I think we lack that at Poole I'm afraid just my opinion we never get young lads going around after the meeting anymore

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Aces51 said:

I agree Aces51. We have a few young lads who could be quite useful, but they need to be nutured the right way. Sponsorship will also play a big part in theses lads progression.

• Like 1

They need to listen to constructive criticism. 

Some do tend to sneer at advice.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Aces51 said:

Shanes could do what David Howe did as a natural in different disciplines. Still expect him to make progress but not enough to move out reserve berth this season anyway. 

More Brits that improve the better afaic. 

In an interview during the televised meeting in Poland yesterday Jack Holder said the personal issue (passport) might get a step closer to being resolved today as Chris has a meeting with some officials.

Jack didn’t elaborate further but it seems we could be announcing CH back into the team very shortly.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

In an interview during the televised meeting in Poland yesterday Jack Holder said the personal issue (passport) might get a step closer to being resolved today as Chris has a meeting with some officials.

Jack didn’t elaborate further but it seems we could be announcing CH back into the team very shortly.

I don't understand why Poole wouldn't of just said from the get-go Holder has visa issues that need resolving. None of this 'personal problems' nonsense. Speedway fans continue to be treated like idiots by promotors and people in power within the sport in a bid to pull the wool over their eyes. The truth always comes out eventually so why they didn't just say that from the start is baffling.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Najjer said:

I don't understand why Poole wouldn't of just said from the get-go Holder has visa issues that need resolving. None of this 'personal problems' nonsense. Speedway fans continue to be treated like idiots by promotors and people in power within the sport in a bid to pull the wool over their eyes. The truth always comes out eventually so why they didn't just say that from the start is baffling.

You're surprised that speedway promotors are mis-managing the sport and public relations!???