British Speedway Forum

I'm told that an appeal is in the pipeline but not sure how that might go?! Whether he was able to attend the original hearing is irrelevant as it was held very quickly after the offence and he may not have even been in the country at the time?!

Not defending his actions by any means but if I was in his corner he may have a case over the length of the 'ban' which seems somewhat arbitrary and punitive (or as some have said downright vindictive!!).

I mean why 9 months? Why not a year? Why not 6 months or a fine or any other penalty? Unless there is something written down in an ACU/SCB rule book (not BSPA) that states the penalties for certain offences?!

Edited by Skidder1

Shanes will be back after reading today's Echo. Ellis rumoured to have signed. Brady is a lock as well.

Brady Kurtz

Kacper Woryna

Adam Ellis

James Shanes

Shanes will be back after reading today's Echo. Ellis rumoured to have signed. Brady is a lock as well.

Brady Kurtz

Kacper Woryna

Adam Ellis

James Shanes

Not a bad start but need the other 3 to be good riders. But I think that is a better start than last year. These 4 can only get better. Could see Klindt and 2 heat leaders.

Edited by poolebolton

So Kurtz 8.08

Woryna 4.65

Ellis 5.56

Shanes 2.95

Klindt 5.78

uses 27.02 of the available points, leaving around 15 to 18 points depending on the final points limit (42-45)?!

Room for a couple of decent heat leaders!!

So Kurtz 8.08

Woryna 4.65

Ellis 5.56

Shanes 2.95

Klindt 5.78

uses 27.02 of the available points, leaving around 15 to 18 points depending on the final points limit (42-45)?!

Adam a definite then...?

*bing bong*

Would Johnny The Spud please make his way to the BSF.

Thank you.

I noticed in the echo as well matt named james as his rider of year pity the supporters don't get the chance to say who there rider of the year is anymore ?

• Like 1

So Kurtz 8.08

Woryna 4.65

Ellis 5.56

Shanes 2.95

Klindt 5.78

I think thats solid. Just depends who the other 2 you get to add to that..

I never like to see a rider injured by Klindt coming back and getting those low scores and dropping his average by 0.3 of a point could make a massive difference.

Well for all you Chris Holder fans out there, Darcy doesn't think he will be at Poole next season.

Adam a definite then...?

*bing bong*

Would Johnny The Spud please make his way to the BSF.

Thank you.

I don't think Skidder said Ellis was definite, just looks likes he is using the most rumoured/likely to come. No need to get your knickers in a twist, you should still be celebrating your league win last night, bit early to worry about next year!

Interesting to see Torun not happy with Jack Holder's performance and might drop him and run RR for the playoff return.

Needs to just slow down a bit to reach next level.

I noticed in the echo as well matt named james as his rider of year pity the supporters don't get the chance to say who there rider of the year is anymore ?

I don't think would argue against that nomination, maybe Brady and Hans was a good captain. I would have Hans back as a 3rd heat leader.

So Kurtz 8.08

Woryna 4.65

Ellis 5.56

Shanes 2.95

Klindt 5.78

And we would need them, because on the basis of that it would never win a league.

We dont need to, Matts said it.

how can we sign a rider that is banned ? Time to move on

Not come the start of next season he's not.

every time james goes out on track he gives 100% that's all you can ask for. Other riders dont look like they are giving 100 % at times

And theres a few of them. You've only got to look at the final first leg.

Well for all you Chris Holder fans out there, Darcy doesn't think he will be at Poole next season.

I don't think Skidder said Ellis was definite, just looks likes he is using the most rumoured/likely to come. No need to get your knickers in a twist, you should still be celebrating your league win last night, bit early to worry about next year!

No knickers in a twist LC...my thong is a bit tight tho.

Just asking JTS if there is any truth in said rumour as the last time this was mentioned he categorically stated there was nothing doing. That may have changed. Skidder knows plenty about the 2018 line up and he wont be far wrong...

I am basking in my teams glory, thank you. As a Robin I have had more lows than highs but yesterday was fantastic and I have watched the meeting twice already.

I hope that Poole, the fallen giants of speedway may return, and as a fellow speedway fan, I hope that you do...just not next season, or the season after that (repeat)...😛

• Like 1

And we would need them, because on the basis of that it would never win a league

Not come the start of next season he's not.

Starry, unless Chris gets a reduced ban on appeal then he will not be available to race for any UK team til April 13th earliest and even that assumes he has no visa issues which some have suggested. (I don't know whether he does or doesn't?)

Official meetings will be scheduled to take place prior to that as the 70th Anniversary meeting is scheduled for 23 March and Easter falls end March/early April and Matt would not want to miss out on the bumper Good Friday payday!!

No knickers in a twist LC...my thong is a bit tight tho.

Just asking JTS if there is any truth in said rumour as the last time this was mentioned he categorically stated there was nothing doing. That may have changed. Skidder knows plenty about the 2018 line up and he wont be far wrong...

I am basking in my teams glory, thank you. As a Robin I have had more lows than highs but yesterday was fantastic and I have watched the meeting twice already.

I hope that Poole, the fallen giants of speedway may return, and as a fellow speedway fan, I hope that you do...just not next season, or the season after that (repeat)...

Just to clarify I only added the averages to what Brandon Bob had posted previously and added Klindt into the mix as MF had previously said he would like to fit Nicolai in again.

As for the Ellis rumour (very strong rumour amongst sponsors) JTS previously said he knew nothing about it and at the time Adam was racing abroad, That's a bit different to 'categorically stating there's nothing doing' ?! As I said at the time fathers don't always know what is happening with their sons?! :D:wink::nono: The info amongst sponsors was that Poole had purchased Ellis' contract from Lakeside. I've no reason to doubt that info as the sponsors were discussing the possibility of 2018 sponsorship - in addition to those Poole companies that already sponsor Adam viz a viz his Swindon kevlars in the final on BT last night.

Sometimes 2 and 2 actually do add up to 4. :t:

Interesting to see Torun not happy with Jack Holder's performance and might drop him and run RR for the playoff return.

Needs to just slow down a bit to reach next level.

Maybe its the 'teenage moods' again.

Edited by Skidder1

Ellis has a nice average which should go up, would like him back at Swindon.