British Speedway Forum

6 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Not sure that would be possible after this week's SRBF collection and the current suggestions of doing a collection (as well as a Just Giving page) for Bomber?!

Perhaps any further collection should not just be for one named rider but for riders who have suffered during this years campaign. Bomber will continue to earn whilst this lad is apparently struggling. Thoughts?

I posted a tweet on twitter about it, so there might be some donations plus they are going to mention it to the REF. So hopefully we will be able to give him something! 

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Not sure that would be possible after this week's SRBF collection and the current suggestions of doing a collection (as well as a Just Giving page) for Bomber?!

As i said mate Dave from Bmth bedding is giving him 1 k, if the REF  can find 500,  im sure a couple of his sponsors can find the shortfall. And im sure the Poole fans will want  chip in in some shape or form. given the chance, but it has to be made official.im not suggesting a collection hot foot after the SRBF collection, but something random but official.

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

I posted a tweet on twitter about it, so there might be some donations plus they are going to mention it to the REF. So hopefully we will be able to give him something! 

That’s really good, we’ll done.

13 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

As i said mate Dave from Bmth bedding is giving him 1 k, if the REF  can find 500,  im sure a couple of his sponsors can find the shortfall. And im sure the Poole fans will want  chip in in some shape or form. given the chance, but it has to be made official.im not suggesting a collection hot foot after the SRBF collection, but something random but official.

The Just Giving page for Bomber's bike repairs (started by Sully) has already reached £280 from 20 contributors. Minimum donation is only £2. 

13 hours ago, Aviator said:

That’s really good, we’ll done.

Many of us contribute monthly to the REF in addition to their Winter events. All monies are donated between the riders over the course of a season - usually £500 at a time.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Have Poole actually collected nothing for Stefan in the two months since he broke his leg riding for you?

Edited by DC2

14 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Have Poole actually collected nothing for Stefan in the two months since he broke his leg riding for you?

Haven't Swindon done a collection as he is their asset.

Just now, foreverblue said:

Haven't Swindon done a collection as he is their asset.

Good point. Let me have the stats for Poole collecting for their assets who were injured riding for other clubs and I’ll shame Rosco.  :)

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

The Just Giving page for Bomber's bike repairs (started by Sully) has already reached £280 from 20 contributors. Minimum donation is only £2. 

Jolly good .:t:

In anaysis we have only made two unforced changes and now got two British riders in the team. What's not to like! 

Edited by foreverblue

18 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Jolly good .:t:

I have to say, after last year I’m a bit sceptical about donating for a named rider. Quite rightly, we happily contributed to a club backed collection for Nic Klint when he sustained his injury but, sadly failed to do so when Kyle Newman was injured!! So how does that work. Happily the REF stepped in and helped Kyle out. I for one would be delighted to contribute to a “Poole Riders Hardship Fund” but, only if it is fairly distributed to those riders who are injured or, have sustained a heavy financial loss whilst riding in this years campaign.

10 minutes ago, Aviator said:

I have to say, after last year I’m a bit sceptical about donating for a named rider. Quite rightly, we happily contributed to a club backed collection for Nic Klint when he sustained his injury but, sadly failed to do so when Kyle Newman was injured!! So how does that work. Happily the REF stepped in and helped Kyle out. I for one would be delighted to contribute to a “Poole Riders Hardship Fund” but, only if it is fairly distributed to those riders who are injured or, have sustained a heavy financial loss whilst riding in this years campaign.

Mate, as an x sponsor and i take you are /were a regular at poole, you will know the REF donates 500 to each rider over the course of the season, and or 500 in exceptional circumtances like this. The REF fund as you are probably aware has been around at poole for donkeys years, really well run by Stan and Val.
We have regular winter quiz sessions in the champs bar hall  every month during the close season, and is superbly compered by Nij who puts the quizs and videos together. And are very well attended. The entrance fee goes to the REF fund. and or you can subcribe to a monthly direct debit, which also gives you free entry to the quizs, and a different member of that REF fund gets to donate the said money to a rider on the start line before a meeting over the course of the season.

Edited by Starman2006

6 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Mate, as an x sponsor and i take you are /were a regular at poole, you will know the REF donates 500 to each rider over the course of the season, and or 500 in exceptional circumtances like this. The REF fund as you are probably aware has been around at poole for donkeys years, really well run by Stan and Val.
We have regular winter quiz sessions in the champs bar hall  every month during the close season, and is superbly compered by Nij who puts the quizs and videos together. And are very well attended. The entrance fee goes to the REF fund. and or you can subcribe to a monthly direct debit, which also gives you free entry to the quizs, and a different member of that REF fund gets to donate the said money to a rider on the start line before a meeting over the course of the season.

Starman, I am fully conversant with the REF and probably closer to it than you might be giving me credit for. However, this is not about the good work that the REF and in particular the work and effort that Stan and Val do to keep it all working it is about collections for individual riders (which apparently has to be approved from an ivory Tower! I’m simply stating my own personal position and for clarity it is:

Collections for all riders in the 2018 campaign = I’m in 

collections for named riders = I’m out.

simples

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Aviator said:

Starman, I am fully conversant with the REF and probably closer to it than you might be giving me credit for. However, this is not about the good work that the REF and in particular the work and effort that Stan and Val do to keep it all working it is about collections for individual riders (which apparently has to be approved from an ivory Tower! I’m simply stating my own personal position and for clarity it is:

Collections for all riders in the 2018 campaign = I’m in 

collections for named riders = I’m out.

simples

Ps. I still sponsor riders!!