British Speedway Forum

Last season it seemed there were always riders in front of him!!

Think this is a big season for Chris.

He has 99% been given a reprieve with Torun. The well known Polish site have just posted that they see him as a babysitter for young riders coming in at Torun incl Jack Holder who they expect to be in the squad.

One would hope that also maybe riding with Jack in UK he will be more settled following the turmoil of what happened to Darcy/his personal relationship due to his break up with Middlo's Daughter and the obvious tuning problems he endured for much of 2017 with his bikes. Something I might add that Zagar had similar issues with Roger John's tuned engines until they found late the problems which allowed Zagar to fly in the last 6/8 weeks of the season. Hopefully Chris's engines for next year will be similarly sorted.

I think the guy deserves to be given at least another season with Poole after all he has done for the team for so many seasons. If they include brother Jack then I can see it giving both some stability as they could compliment each other in different ways. Giving Chris a mentor role to young Bro and other young Poole riders (so a similar role to Torun) and also give him stability to help concentrate his mind in banging in more big scores.

Its all a big unknown of course but I personally think there is plenty of upside in keeping both Holders. For me a rejuvenated Chris with exciting up and coming young riders such as Kurtz/Holder Jr/Woryna and hopefully also to benefit young Shanes, cant be a bad thing.

Its going to be interesting of course as we await with eager anticipation the outcome of the BSPA AGM in NOV and announcements on league make up - team points limits etc.

Hopefully Matt Ford will come forth with exciting news on the team shortly afterwards with news on who our number one will be plus some finalisation on if and in what capacity the two Holders will ride.

Think this is a big season for Chris.

He has 99% been given a reprieve with Torun. The well known Polish site have just posted that they see him as a babysitter for young riders coming in at Torun incl Jack Holder who they expect to be in the squad.

One would hope that also maybe riding with Jack in UK he will be more settled following the turmoil of what happened to Darcy/his personal relationship due to his break up with Middlo's Daughter and the obvious tuning problems he endured for much of 2017 with his bikes. Something I might add that Zagar had similar issues with Roger John's tuned engines until they found late the problems which allowed Zagar to fly in the last 6/8 weeks of the season. Hopefully Chris's engines for next year will be similarly sorted.

I think the guy deserves to be given at least another season with Poole after all he has done for the team for so many seasons. If they include brother Jack then I can see it giving both some stability as they could compliment each other in different ways. Giving Chris a mentor role to young Bro and other young Poole riders (so a similar role to Torun) and also give him stability to help concentrate his mind in banging in more big scores.

Its all a big unknown of course but I personally think there is plenty of upside in keeping both Holders. For me a rejuvenated Chris with exciting up and coming young riders such as Kurtz/Holder Jr/Woryna and hopefully also to benefit young Shanes, cant be a bad thing.

Its going to be interesting of course as we await with eager anticipation the outcome of the BSPA AGM in NOV and announcements on league make up - team points limits etc.

Hopefully Matt Ford will come forth with exciting news on the team shortly afterwards with news on who our number one will be plus some finalisation on if and in what capacity the two Holders will ride.

Watch the Facebook live today. He was very open about Poland but very closed about the UK. Said he wanted to ride here(doesnt sound like Greg is doing the UK). I think he has been in contact with Matt and Im sure they will keep it under wraps until after the AGM

Yes I agree with most of that but for a couple of things, I think you mean Peter Johns engines and as far as I know Chris Holder has never dated Gemma Middleditch, Kyle Howarth has, maybe still does not sure but not Chris Holder.

• Like 1

Nice picture of chris on twitter in Melbourne for practice and guess who is standing behind him what a joke ?

• Like 1

I think Vaculik will ride at Sheffield if in top league or Leicester if set days in the week as i think Simon Stead will use his relationship to persuade him.

No beach in Sheffield though is there??! :D

Last season it seemed there were always riders in front of him!!

:D

Yes I agree with most of that but for a couple of things, I think you mean Peter Johns engines and as far as I know Chris Holder has never dated Gemma Middleditch, Kyle Howarth has, maybe still does not sure but not Chris Holder.

His big relationship break up was with Sealy, which has affected his speedway form in last couple of seasons.

No beach in Sheffield though is there??! :D

:D

His big relationship break up was with Sealy, which has affected his speedway form in last couple of seasons.

Whoops - Apologies.

Yes I meant Peter Johns. The problem with being a Speedway supporter for 47 years is you slip into old habits. Roger of course was the Wimbledon Speedway rider from many moons ago and maybe his brother I think ??

Yes it was Sealy so apologies again if I misquoted. The main point was though that the split of course had an effect so quickly after the Darcy situation. Notwithstanding having engines that were clearly lacking the speed.

Let's hope the guy can move on because if he doesn't then I can see him being out of Torun - maybe Sweden and if they do sign him, Poole.

I am sure he will be determined to knuckle down in a dual role of getting his form back and hopefully motivating and giving advice to the young riders. The guy is only 30 not 40/45 and still has much to give to the sport despite what he has already achieved in the last 8/9 years.

High profile names who havent signed a contract in Sweden yet with very few spots remaining.

Zagar, Sayfutdinov, Vaculik, Hampel, Pieszczek,

Nice picture of chris on twitter in Melbourne for practice and guess who is standing behind him what a joke ?

Come on - you can see the poor Holder Jr is ill/sick.

No doubt the medical certificates he gave to Peterborough will prove that ;-)

Peterborough wont knock it though. They won the Champ 4's without him and just won the KO cup without him.

Perhaps there is an omen that he is better not riding at Peterborough in the important meetings ;-)

High profile names who havent signed a contract in Sweden yet with very few spots remaining.

Zagar, Sayfutdinov, Vaculik, Hampel, Pieszczek,

Hans has also been dropped from Sweden. Looks like teams are going after much younger riders this year as a whole.

And so much for Jack getting a spot.

Would not mind Pieszczek in the team somehow. But I don't think Emil will come across and Vaculik looks the most likely answer.

Hans has also been dropped from Sweden. Looks like teams are going after much younger riders this year as a whole.

And so much for Jack getting a spot.

Would not mind Pieszczek in the team somehow. But I don't think Emil will come across and Vaculik looks the most likely answer.

I am starting to get really confident about Vaculik.

Emil is apparently going to Vetlanda or Vastervik.

Hampel more than likely taking the last spot in Vetlanda with Emil to Vastervik.

Zagar wont get a spot. More than likely back to BV.

Vaculik could only go to Lejonen but the rumour is Loktaev to Lejonen on a 2 year deal.

Its interesting how many Poole fans on here and several media pundits now think that Chris Holder will be returning - on the strength of the statement that MF assisted him with his ACU appeal - seemingly having settled their previous differences?!

After MF's late season outburst about 'rider attitudes' and 'teenage-like sulks' and the 2018 team looking little like the 2017 line-up, its also interesting to see where the changes will come

Edited by Skidder1

Its interesting how many Poole fans on here and several media pundits now think that Chris Holder will be returning - on the strength of the statement that MF assisted him with his ACU appeal - seemingly having settled their previous differences?!

Was always going to return. People were just going way OTT.

Chris would've signed last season after the KL sacking if he didn't get banned imo.

Come on - you can see the poor Holder Jr is ill/sick.

No doubt the medical certificates he gave to Peterborough will prove that ;-)

Peterborough wont knock it though. They won the Champ 4's without him and just won the KO cup without him.

Perhaps there is an omen that he is better not riding at Peterborough in the important meetings ;-)

I like the sound of 'better not riding at Peterborough' full stop. :wink: Hopefully they wouldn't be stupid enough to sign him again.

I like the sound of 'better not riding at Peterborough' full stop. :wink: Hopefully they wouldn't be stupid enough to sign him again.

no i hope we dont sign here at poole either not worth the hassle Edited by ray c
  • Like 1

no i hope we dont sign here at poole either not worth the hassle

I think Jack will pass on Champ this season as if signing in Poland for Torun he wont need Champ distraction as he has done his 2.5 season stint. (The half being Plymouth's when they went belly up).

Just like Chris who did 2 seasons he will move up to do probably Poland (Torun) - UK (Hopefully Poole, and even if not then another team if Matt loans him out.

Don't think Jack has much more to learn in Champ as like Chris he will set his sights on riding against the Worlds best to gain more experience and if he was to get into Sweden then good for him but not the end of the World if not. Plus of course the various Indv/Various qualifiers plus Aussie team events. I am sure he wont go hungry. His career path is similar to Chris even if he doesn't quite scale the heights of big bro but who knows ??.

I think he has potential talent. Ask yourself if for example would Robert Lambert have been able to knock in those kind of scores he got near the end of the season for Torun had he ridden there. I don't think he would have personally. To me he has shown signs and deserves to develop at Poole with Chris helping him.

I agree he has shown some immature attitude but lets not forget even Darcy had his immature days both on and off the track. We forgave him because he was one of the greatest young talents to get on a speedway bike. Jack is still 21 and still a lot to learn. He came to UK maybe one year late due to doing was it some kind of apprenticeship so was 1 season behind Brady. BUT look how quickly he has developed in just 3 years in UK (or 2.5 considering Plymouths not even half season ??). Not even Lambert has been as good in Poland second div let alone the POL EXL.

We will have to agree to disagree Ray on the Holder's but that's what the Forum is about. Cultivating and exchanging opinion.

For me if they can also get a solid heat leader on top then good enough for me. Whether that be a real number 1 or another season of Andersen I am not so sure. Much as many have said how good Andersen is for the team and a wise head, I do wonder if this guy will be part of a league winning team in his later years with Poole. I have some doubts. If he has also lost his place in Sweden then for sure wont be a happy boy.

Much to ponder while we await the BSPA AGM in Nov and then Matts hopefully quick team news to put to bed once and for all who may be in and out of the team ;-)