British Speedway Forum

I've been coming to the same conclusion. If Poole are determined to sign a 'true no.1' to spearhead the team, I'd have thought the most likely candidates are NKI or AJ, assuming Magic doesn't want to ride in the UK. Wildcard pick would be Tai as his average is low. Playing silly team-building as it's silly season, I wonder how much room the Pirates would have left if they fielded:

NKI

Kurtz

Tai

???

???

Woryna

Shanes

Part of me wants to list Milik on his stupidly low average but I am trying to be remotely realistic.

I await the flood of "Tai will only ride for Wolves" posts, in the wake of the mockery of Poole fans saying anything of the sort.

yes tai will only ride wolves niels kings Lynn and Chris poole so who knows they were suppose to be one track riders in their career

Edited by ray c

I await the flood of "Tai will only ride for Wolves" posts, in the wake of the mockery of Poole fans saying anything of the sort.

Tai will do what he wants, he has already said and done that.

He is happy to ride for Wolves if he can and we need him.

And seeing as he hasn't ridden for another top flight since he signed for us as a 16 year old is all the evidence that is needed.

Tai will do what he wants, he has already said and done that.

He is happy to ride for Wolves if he can and we need him.

And seeing as he hasn't ridden for another top flight since he signed for us as a 16 year old is all the evidence that is needed.

I’m sure I said this before, but Tai Woffinden first rode in the old Elite League as a double upper for ....wait for it..........................

POOLE!!

• Like 3

No chance of Tai coming to Poole and very unlikely to the UK. Feel Matt missed a trick over Martin, 2 weeks before Aussie the call came in. Why did we not sell the club to him? Make him feel wanted etc? Nope we sat back and hoped our name would keep him waiting.... So wrong. We will struggle to get any top rider in 2018.

Would love NKI at Poole. But I cant see it.

Oi..Leave him alone.. :wink: ..I would imagine there are several clubs after him,monies allowing.

No chance of Tai coming to Poole and very unlikely to the UK. Feel Matt missed a trick over Martin, 2 weeks before Aussie the call came in. Why did we not sell the club to him? Make him feel wanted etc? Nope we sat back and hoped our name would keep him waiting.... So wrong. We will struggle to get any top rider in 2018.

Agree.

I was so sure Martin was coming to us after years of chasing him.

We wont get a No.1. This will more than likely be our team.

1. B. Kurtz

2. K. Newman

3. C. Holder

4. J. Holder

5. H. Andersen

6. K. Woryna

7. J. Shanes

Personally I don't see the point in signing Andersen & Shanes on averages they wont improve. Yes they are good riders.

But do we really need to use 2.95 points on a No.7? Who will only take 3 rides per a meeting and wont achieve his average on the road.

A complete waste if you ask me unless we sign a proper No.1 which isn't going to happen.

Might as well get a 2.00 rider at reserve to go with Woryna and use the extra 0.95 on upgrading a rider in the top for example Klindt for Newman.

Which would mean J. Holder, Klindt or Woryna could all ride at reserve at some point during the season. Don't need to waste 2.95 on a No.7 who will get replaced in a programmed ride week in and week out.

Edited by Gater1
  • Like 1

Agree.

1. B. Kurtz

2. K. Newman

3. C. Holder

4. J. Holder

5. H. Andersen

6. K. Woryna

7. J. Shanes

Personally I don't see the point in signing Andersen & Shanes on averages they wont improve. Yes they are good riders.

But do we really need to use 2.95 points on a No.7? Who will only take 3 rides per a meeting and wont achieve his average on the road.

A complete waste if you ask me unless we sign a proper No.1 which isn't going to happen.

Might as well get a 2.00 rider at reserve to go with Woryna and use the extra 0.95 on upgrading a rider in the top for example Klindt for Newman.

Which would mean J. Holder, Klindt or Woryna could all ride at reserve at some point during the season. Don't need to waste 2.95 on a No.7 who will get replaced in a programmed ride week in and week out.

To early.We don't know the points limit.Depending on what Matt's doing behind the scenes your team might be miles out.I don't know the aves but i'd rather MPT if he would fit if he was on the same ave as J Holder.Long time to go yet.We shall see...

Agree.

1. B. Kurtz

2. K. Newman

3. C. Holder

4. J. Holder

5. H. Andersen

6. K. Woryna

7. J. Shanes

nothing wrong in signing james as he is a excitting rider to watch then you wouldn't know that. We will have a class rider no 1 as well
  • Like 1

nothing wrong in signing james as he is a excitting rider to watch then you wouldn't know that. We will have a class rider no 1 as well

It's a bit of a puzzle,all this fitting riders in as you know.And we all know Matt can be ruthless.

You clearly haven't read my post. I said James is a good rider.

But if the rumoured points limit is true 41 or 42 with Kurtz as our No.1 then their isn't any point in signing Shanes because Newman cannot cut it in the 1-5 therefore the No.2 position needs to be upgraded.

James would only get 3 rides a meeting against the opposing No.7 because Woryna will take 5 a meeting for sure. Then Jack Holder would if he dropped to reserve. So I am saying instead of getting Newman and Shanes. We could have Klindt and a 2 pointer which would make the top 5 more solid imo because Kurtz is going to need back up big time. Andersen isn't the solution because he has too many bad meetings. C. Holder hasn't been the same for a couple of years.

Just don't see the point in using 2.95 on a No.7 whilst having no No.1 in the side. We are already strong at reserve with Woryna.

Let me ask you a question Ray. Forget about Newman.

If I offered you one of the following which one would you take.

Andersen and Shanes = 10.70

Or

A proven No.1 up to 8.70 and a new 2 point rider. = 10.70

Edited by Gater1
  • Like 1

I’m sure I said this before, but Tai Woffinden first rode in the old Elite League as a double upper for ....wait for it..........................

POOLE!!

Makes no difference. He signed as a Wolves asset before he rode for anyone.

That was good of Poole to give him extra experience that helped him, and our cause. :t:

You clearly haven't read my post. I said James is a good rider.

But if the rumoured points limit is true 41 or 42 with Kurtz as our No.1 then their isn't any point in signing Shanes because Newman cannot cut it in the 1-5 therefore the No.2 position needs to be upgraded.

James would only get 3 rides a meeting against the opposing No.7 because Woryna will take 5 a meeting for sure. Then Jack Holder would if he dropped to reserve. So I am saying instead of getting Newman and Shanes. We could have Klindt and a 2 pointer which would make the top 5 more solid imo because Kurtz is going to need back up big time. Andersen isn't the solution because he has too many bad meetings. C. Holder hasn't been the same for a couple of years.

Just don't see the point in using 2.95 on a No.7 whilst having no No.1 in the side. We are already strong at reserve with Woryna.

Let me ask you a question Ray. Forget about Newman.

If I offered you one of the following which one would you take.

Andersen and Shanes = 10.70

Or

A proven No.1 up to 8.70 and a new 2 point rider. = 10.70

I would take Andersen and James every time there is no 2 point rider who would score what Shanes will. What number one rider under 8.70 number one is there?

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1

Surely Matt will put together one of his spot on teams for this anniversary year for Poole?

• Like 1

Persevere with Shanes all year do all the groundwork and then to disgard him would be total madness.I saw him at the Abbey right at the end of the season and he has come on nicely also he is worth his wages on excitement alone personally i would forget about Newman/ Klindt.

• Like 4