British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hyderd

Belle Vue V Wolves Mon 24/7/17

Cant believe the BV fans on here.

BV will win this meeting comfortably. Show some confidence in your own team.

50-40 something like that.

Thorsell and Wolves should be told if Thorsell is not at BV tonight (the original fixture) then not to bother turning up for a month.

Rules rules are rules, you can't break them just because you signed a contract that you knew would mean a conflict.

The only way the British riders will get better is if they are given more chances, so like above, if you don't fully commit, see ya later

The bspa are a bunch of another name for cats😸😸

Edited by baldyman

Which would leave us without any riders that ride in the Polish top flight, including Max Fricke.

As if the standard of British Speedway isn't bad enough.........

Exactly- that`s why the BSPA need to decide for next season - ride Extraleague and not here. however it`s not an easy decision to make and that`s why they have decided- and i`m sure reluctantly to accept the situation as is this season. There is undoubtedly a power struggle going on at the very top of Polish speedway because this season the Polish championship semi-finals - which in the past the PZM have scheduled in the fixture list and no other meetings arranged on that date- had to be re-arranged at fairly short notice because the Extraleague allowed a re-arranged league match on the same day !!!!

Which would leave us without any riders that ride in the Polish top flight, including Max Fricke.

As if the standard of British Speedway isn't bad enough.........

Next year if (when) Poland goes to 'Poland plus one League' then that is exactly what will happen..

For most it will be GB or Sweden as their 'plus one'...

And money talks....

If it stops ridiculous situations like tonight's with Thorsell and brings some credibility to the Sport in this country, then it also may be a blessing in disguise..

If you had two part time jobs and got offered shifts at the same time but one of them paid a lot more than the other - which one would you pick?

Not to mention that his Polish club probably wouldn't select him again if he missed their meeting, obviously he will get selected at Wolves still.

No brainer for him really, even if he did have a false choice as you seem to imply.

But the job you didn't attend would then have the right to 'Contractually' dismiss you as you would have broken your side of the terms and conditions of your employment...

(Unless of course your employer is a bit meek and mild and endorses you working elsewhere when you should be working for them)...

Edited by mikebv

Don't watch it on TV get there in person. Watching on telly is okay but you never really get anything like the proper experience and it's only ten quid to get in! Advanced ticket sales in the grandstand look good, blocks C, D and E are sold out and there are only a few hundred left in the other blocks so it looks like the £10 deal has worked well although a few people may be taking the opportunity to sit as its the same price anywhere in the stadium.

Its ok to say dont watch it on TV etc

But I want to see a Belle Vue team against a Wolverhampton team, and by that I mean the riders for those teams this season, not r/r or guests/replacements or whatever.

Doesnt matter whether its £10 or £17 really.

If a rider is injured, fair enough, but if he is riding in another country the replacement should not put that team at an advantage....like it seems to do tonight with Wolverhampton. It may be the rules, but their seems to be so many crazy rules in British speedway at the moment it is making it impossible for me to make the effort to travel 70 miles for something that isnt right (IMO)

If a British team signs/contracts a rider knowing that he is going to be riding in another country for another team then that British team pays the price of not being able to replace him, even perhaps as someone has suggested the rider has broke his British contract by witholding his service and suspended for 28 days. British speedway has got to get out of the doldrums and it isnt going to do that by playing second fiddle to others, and annoying the British supporters at the same time.

• Like 4

Can anyone show me the rule that's states a team can have a facility for a rider riding in a re arranged fixture in another country?

Exactly- that`s why the BSPA need to decide for next season - ride Extraleague and not here. however it`s not an easy decision to make and that`s why they have decided- and i`m sure reluctantly to accept the situation as is this season. There is undoubtedly a power struggle going on at the very top of Polish speedway because this season the Polish championship semi-finals - which in the past the PZM have scheduled in the fixture list and no other meetings arranged on that date- had to be re-arranged at fairly short notice because the Extraleague allowed a re-arranged league match on the same day !!!!

Well, I'm sure all the Aussie Riders who base themselves in the UK will be pleased with that!

Don't we want to attract top Swedish and Danish talent anymore? Or are we just content with the British League being a bastion of mediocrity?

Now no Craig Cook tonight, back injury, R/R.

Now no Craig Cook tonight, back injury, R/R.

Advantage Belle Vue now, eliminated the weak cog from their side.

The chess game continues :)

Could you imagine the ban calls if it was a poole rider?

Poole didn't sign the "roll over and tickle my tum" paperwork
  • Like 4

Poole didn't sign the "roll over and tickle my tum" paperwork

Good for them👍

No one should have

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 2