British Speedway Forum
Sidney the robin

Swindon V Poole Thurs 27/07/

What a great run Swindon are on. Second in the table (ahead of current champions Wolves). Not bad for a team written off at the start of the year. I guess very few people saw the potential in this side and thought Rosco was mad - especially signing Bellego who has been a revelation.

I have been pretty surprised by how well Morris & Bellego have performed which has been the Robins bonus. Tobias Musielak will undoubtedly improve things and hopefully Ellis can recapture some form while at reserve.
Robins are set fair to make the play offs now, along with Wolves & Belle Vue.
It is a shame Kings Lynn have underperformed. A playoffs without the Pirates would be a blessing on the sport in this country. Somerset winning away was a start, we just need a competitive Leicester. And a return of the Bee's, and a few more top level teams, a few teams moving from conference to championship and we'll be set fair! :)

And yet Poole are still in the top 4, to me thats a playoff side and can only improve. Wouldn't write them off tbh. Very exciting leagues this year. How raging must kings Lynn be though at holders carry on.

Well just got back and what a load of twaddle the last few pages have been. Can't anyone here string a constructive sentence together? Ye gods come on this is meant to be a forum not the ya hoo boo sucks crap posted on here. Some on here need to grow up.

Now onto the meeting. Utter dire rubbish sorry to say. The Swindon fans will enjoy the win but as a spectacle it was truly awful. Doyle made a pass in heat one, then we had to wait until heat 9 before anything of note happened. It was all from the gate with the Swindon riders rolling and being pulled back or flying from the gate so the race was over first bend. No chance of passing so there was little in the way of actual racing. Just a gating competition which Swindon won hands down.

Thought the crowd was reasonable. Not big but OK. I must admit I thought there would be more but it was a cold night up there.

Swindon do look a good team. Whether they can get close enough to Wolves at Monmore is the challenge if they are going to win it. Clear favourites though. Can see those two in the final.

As expected we didn't have the top end fire power to win heats. We pretty much kept it level after 7 heats but by then all the damage had been done. We are missing Brady and we are missing a number one. For the first time in many years we don't have a rider or two where we can expect a heat win. There's nobody in the team who can power through and score big. This is no doubt going to be sorted this winter but no good for this season.

Score was roughly what I thought it would be. Should have been a little closer but Holder blew a 5-1 with a silly fall, and the ref made an error in allowing Morris off 15 metres when he had been disqualified. He was disqualified for delaying the start after a warning for rolling. There is no 15 metre handicap for this offence so it should have been a 5-0 Poole instead of the 4-2 due to Kennett messing up a bend. This needs to be corrected, not because Poole might have got something out of the meeting as it makes no difference, but if finishing top comes down to points difference and its very close, said points "could" become important.

Well done Swindon on the win. Bringing in Museilak for Gappmier turned them into also rans to clear Championship favourites. For us Pirates its blatantly obvious where our problems lie. No top rider and Brady out. One can be sorted but not the other, making us also rans for this season.

What a crappy post BITTER and twisted and trying to sound SUPERiOR what a case you are.Just say it as it is your team are in meltdown this year and if Lynn can muster up a run the Pirates might not even get fourth.

I have been pretty surprised by how well Morris & Bellego have performed which has been the Robins bonus. Tobias Musielak will undoubtedly improve things and hopefully Ellis can recapture some form while at reserve.

It is a shame Kings Lynn have underperformed. A playoffs without the Pirates would be a blessing on the sport in this country. Somerset winning away was a start, we just need a competitive Leicester. And a return of the Bee's, and a few more top level teams, a few teams moving from conference to championship and we'll be set fair! :)

Firstly,Coventry won't be back,Leicester won't be competitive with thier current team and your view that it would be a blessing on the sport for Poole not to be in the playoffs is pathetic.

Obviously you don't like Poole as previous posts by you shows your contempt.

I and many others except we are poor this year and don't have a problem if we don't qualify.

Dumbing down the league every season has caused this situation and Poland not allowing riders to come over plus a lower points limit has caused a drop in attendances.

Conference league clubs can't afford to move up otherwise Birmingham and Eastbourne would be at a higher level.

What a crappy post BITTER and twisted and trying to sound SUPERiOR what a case you are.Just say it as it is your team are in meltdown this year and if Lynn can muster up a run the Pirates might not even get fourth.

Thought my post was absolutely spot on to be honest. You don't actually believe that was good racing last night, do you? It was dire stuff. Virtually no passing all meeting. Even when Swindon riders missed the start they couldn't pass unless a rider fell or nearly came off. It was a gating competition which the Swindon riders won hands down. Even Lahti, who was tailed off against the Swindon reserve, eventually gated and easily beat Doyle and Morris.

Nothing bitter in my post we were beaten fair and square. But the over the top gloating from some Swindon fans on here is rather sad and pathetic to be honest. Embarrassing behaviour truth be told.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

Seemed pretty fair to me, maybe you're not reading it properly.

This Shovlar geezer might think he's superior but at least the ex-Swindon fan put his head above the parapet and was one of the few Poole fans who showed up. We both forecasted a heavy defeat.

The big Blunsdon crowd were noisy at the start but the match was over very early on and it quietened down.

Great heat 1 win for Jase, and Latte in heat 13!

But bloody Kennett is crap same as with Rye.

Superb win for the Robins but sadly shows how the standard has fallen in top league.

Would be angry and ashamed if I had made the trip up from the south. Didn't look like a Poole side.

Seemed pretty fair to me, maybe you're not reading it properly.

Thank you. There was nothing bitter in my post at all. Congratulated Swindon on their win, called them favourites for the title, picked out our weaknesses. Perhaps he didn't like the fact that I said the actual racing was dire, which it was.

Does anybody who was there believe the racing was good last night?

Well just got back and what a load of twaddle the last few pages have been. Can't anyone here string a constructive sentence together? Ye gods come on this is meant to be a forum not the ya hoo boo sucks crap posted on here. Some on here need to grow up.

Now onto the meeting. Utter dire rubbish sorry to say. The Swindon fans will enjoy the win but as a spectacle it was truly awful. Doyle made a pass in heat one, then we had to wait until heat 9 before anything of note happened. It was all from the gate with the Swindon riders rolling and being pulled back or flying from the gate so the race was over first bend. No chance of passing so there was little in the way of actual racing. Just a gating competition which Swindon won hands down.

Thought the crowd was reasonable. Not big but OK. I must admit I thought there would be more but it was a cold night up there.

Swindon do look a good team. Whether they can get close enough to Wolves at Monmore is the challenge if they are going to win it. Clear favourites though. Can see those two in the final.

As expected we didn't have the top end fire power to win heats. We pretty much kept it level after 7 heats but by then all the damage had been done. We are missing Brady and we are missing a number one. For the first time in many years we don't have a rider or two where we can expect a heat win. There's nobody in the team who can power through and score big. This is no doubt going to be sorted this winter but no good for this season.

Score was roughly what I thought it would be. Should have been a little closer but Holder blew a 5-1 with a silly fall, and the ref made an error in allowing Morris off 15 metres when he had been disqualified. He was disqualified for delaying the start after a warning for rolling. There is no 15 metre handicap for this offence so it should have been a 5-0 Poole instead of the 4-2 due to Kennett messing up a bend. This needs to be corrected, not because Poole might have got something out of the meeting as it makes no difference, but if finishing top comes down to points difference and its very close, said points "could" become important.

Well done Swindon on the win. Bringing in Museilak for Gappmier turned them into also rans to clear Championship favourites. For us Pirates its blatantly obvious where our problems lie. No top rider and Brady out. One can be sorted but not the other, making us also rans for this season.

I told you last night in post 127 that you are wrong about Morris and his disqualification- I trust after reading this extract from the Speedway regulations you will apologise;

15.3. A Starting Offence is considered to have been committed in the following

circumstances: -

Gate Preparation after the expiry of the 2-minute allowance.

When a rider’s motorcycle touches or breaks the starting tapes whilst the green starting

light is on or prevents the raising of the start gate.

And fails to comply with: -

Art 5.4.4 (riding across the infield prior to a heat) *

Art 15.2.2 (returning into the pits)

Art 15.2.4 (failure to meet the 2-minute time allowance)

Art 15.2.8 (not obeying the Start Marshal instructions)

A second offence, following an official warning during the meeting for incorrectly

preparing the start gate area, disobeying the start marshal and moving during the

illumination of the green light before the tapes are released

15.16 HANDICAP HEAT RULES (for offences shown in Art 15.3, or permitted by an SR

In Team events, if a rider commits a Starting Offence (Art 15.3) the Team Manager has an

option to either replace the disqualified Rider by a Reserve (starting in the original position) or

nominate the offending rider for a 15-metre Handicap, starting in gates c or d or to be replaced

by a reserve who will start at the original gate at the tapes (the opposing team does not

change gate positions)

I told you last night in post 127 that you are wrong about Morris and his disqualification- I trust after reading this extract from the Speedway regulations you will apologise;

15.3. A Starting Offence is considered to have been committed in the followingcircumstances: -Gate Preparation after the expiry of the 2-minute allowance.When a rider’s motorcycle touches or breaks the starting tapes whilst the green startinglight is on or prevents the raising of the start gate.And fails to comply with: -Art 5.4.4 (riding across the infield prior to a heat) *Art 15.2.2 (returning into the pits)Art 15.2.4 (failure to meet the 2-minute time allowance)Art 15.2.8 (not obeying the Start Marshal instructions)A second offence, following an official warning during the meeting for incorrectlypreparing the start gate area, disobeying the start marshal and moving during theillumination of the green light before the tapes are released[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

15.16 HANDICAP HEAT RULES (for offences shown in Art 15.3, or permitted by an SRIn Team events, if a rider commits a Starting Offence (Art 15.3) the Team Manager has anoption to either replace the disqualified Rider by a Reserve (starting in the original position) ornominate the offending rider for a 15-metre Handicap, starting in gates c or d or to be replacedby a reserve who will start at the original gate at the tapes (the opposing team does notchange gate positions)[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

Fair enough I stand corrected. Seems different comps different rules.

Thought my post was absolutely spot on to be honest. You don't actually believe that

Nothing bitter in my post we were beaten fair and square. But the over the top gloating from some Swindon fans on here is rather sad and pathetic to be honest. Embarrassing behaviour truth be told.

To be fair to Steve if anyone can spot over the top gloating it would be him
  • Like 3

But the over the top gloating from some Swindon fans on here is rather sad and pathetic to be honest. Embarrassing behaviour truth be told.

Something no Poole fan, including Mr Shoveller, has ever been guilty of in the past?

• Like 1

Thank you. There was nothing bitter in my post at all. Congratulated Swindon on their win, called them favourites for the title, picked out our weaknesses. Perhaps he didn't like the fact that I said the actual racing was dire, which it was.

Does anybody who was there believe the racing was good last night?

Don't be silly if you want good racing go to Zummerzet. Swindon fans just turn up to see the opposition get murdered, like the old Arsenal teams under George Graham.

It ain't pretty to watch but its pretty effective.

Heat 7 - scores on the doors - 30 - 12

doesn't look level to me Steve..?

• Like 2

Fair enough I stand corrected. Seems different comps different rules.

Not different comps in UK speedway- all under the same rules- GP`s don`t have 15m handicaps so obviously it`s the reserve that comes in.