British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Holder Sacked

Don't patronise me pal. Grow up.

With respect, didn't you say that TB had a case for unfair dismissal earlier - that in itself was a little silly.

• Like 1

Dont think I said that but did say he had a water tight medical reason not to ride.

The subject is boring me now. Too many people with personal agenda's who refuse to accept basic facts.

I think both riders and Chapman have handled matters very poorly. Reflecting badly on the sport.

• Like 1

Dont think I said that but did say he had a water tight medical reason not to ride.

The subject is boring me now. Too many people with personal agenda's who refuse to accept basic facts.

I think both riders and Chapman have handled matters very poorly. Reflecting badly on the sport.

Hmm..i think you did say that - see below your post.

"Reading Batchelor's statement, if all true about injury and his average, he would have every right to go through the courts for unfair dismissal"

Am sure you will apologise etc overnight.

Thanks

Tom

I'm wondering because of Batchelors stupidity, I can see a ruling coming in that if you are signed out of a meeting injured, you won't be allowed to ride for 7 days minimum.

• Like 1

Hmm..i think you did say that - see below your post.

"Reading Batchelor's statement, if all true about injury and his average, he would have every right to go through the courts for unfair dismissal"

Am sure you will apologise etc overnight.

Thanks

Tom

He isn't an employee, he is a VAT registered business.

But we all work or have worked with a sick note person who every one knows is faking it.

I worked with two in my last place. Various managers couldn't do a thing as they knew fine well they'd go straight down the "harassment" road and they just couldn't be bothered with the hassle. One of them cited "ladies problems", when some of us knew fine well she'd been out all weekend on the lash and couldn't be bothered to come in. The other guy had so much time off on compassionate grounds we worked out over the eleven years I worked with him he'd buried his grandmother five times.

Edited by Shads
  • Like 3

people really think a rider will go to a court of law?...once a rider puts his head above the parapet there is all sorts of worms coming out of the can.

And the league gets watered down even more, the championship will be stronger soon

So a 28 day ban wasn't sufficient

No not sufficient if you want riders to sit and notice that maybe they can't do what they like and there will be no repercussions.

They haven't broken any laws, why can't people understand that, you sign their contract, to play by their Rules, if you don't like it, then don't join their game.

And if you are a big trouble maker, then their way of dealing with it is simple, there won't be a Team place available for you, end of problem.

If you are a decent Rider, cause no problems, then the chances are, you will have a job.

• Like 3

Have any other promoters ever spoken out? Just like all the times you've claimed Poole were cheating to some degree, and yet not a word was mentioned by any other promoter.

Are you kidding me?!

Still not a word of condemnation or even disapproval from other promoters/team managers. Strange given that one of them is also the Aussie team manager :P

Looks very much like a united front to me.

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 4

Muddlo?

Havelock?

Rosco?

Why on earth would he be tucking in to grapes over this?

Have you ever heard of the expression 'sour grapes' ?