British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Holder Sacked

Good point Tom, but I'll stand by the comment.

Have you ever heard of the expression 'sour grapes' ?

Er, of course I have......................

with regards to the Batchelor case,if i didnt go to work one day as was sick,and the next day i was working for a few extra quid for someone else,id get fired

once Batch did the guest booking the following noght the writing was on the wall,and was nothing short of a piss take to the Lynn fans who had paid to watch him that night

I think you will find that the medical team at Kings Lynn advised him to withdraw. He later attended hospital & was advised that there was no break & only ligament/tendon strain & so he rode the following day, taking a chance as the track at Belle Vue was fine.

Edited by DunRobin
  • Like 1

I think you will find that the medical team at Kings Lynn advised him to withdraw. He later attended hospital & was advised that there was no break & only ligament/tendon strain & so he rode the following day, taking a chance as the track at Belle Vue was fine.

What about his performance at Liecester was his"injury " playing up again!
  • Like 1

I worked with two in my last place. Various managers couldn't do a thing as they knew fine well they'd go straight down the "harassment" road and they just couldn't be bothered with the hassle. One of them cited "ladies problems", when some of us knew fine well she'd been out all weekend on the lash and couldn't be bothered to come in. The other guy had so much time off on compassionate grounds we worked out over the eleven years I worked with him he'd buried his grandmother five times.

Christine and Troy by any chance? :lol:

It would be silly to ride on a dangerous track in a dangerous sport. In retrospect a ride through the tapes in heat 13 would have been a better option but I doubt that entered his mind in the heat of the moment.

Buster Chapmans behaviour has now alerted the top riders and he could struggle to attract anyone of quality next season.

Suprised Jonathon Chapman hasn't made a comment about this whole debacle.

He made his decision knowingly went against the rules and has been punished by the governing body as is right and proper and surprise surprise his employer doesn't want to employ him anymore. He's got zero complaints in my book

• Like 3

:rofl::rofl::rofl::party::party::party::drink::icon_smile_clown:

• Like 1

Not 100% sure what went on that night at KL, but it's the promoters prerogative to sack a rider. The timing is the real issue, obviously made out of spite and malice, leaving both riders absolutely no options.

I have some sympathy for Holder, but the real villain of the piece is Batchelor for faking the injury, then accepting a guest booking the following night. That's idiotic

Holder should have issued an immediate apology to fans, team mates and his employer. That wouldn't have avoided the ban but just might have saved his job

• Like 5

What about his performance at Liecester was his"injury " playing up again!

He must of had a flair up ;) ....The ligament/tendon strain,had healed enough for him to ride well the next day 0,3,3,3,and about 3 days after that 3,2,2,3.

Then his next meeting for Lynn he scored x,1,3,0,0. :cry:

Edited by Bald Bloke

Lol 😂😂😂

Was british speedway also in a great state in that wonderful dream of yours you seem to of had ?

• Like 3

Lol

Was british speedway also in a great state in that wonderful dream of yours you seem to of had ?

I think it's all good on Button Moon ;)

• Like 1

with regards to the Batchelor case,if i didnt go to work one day as was sick,and the next day i was working for a few extra quid for someone else,id get fired

once Batch did the guest booking the following noght the writing was on the wall,and was nothing short of a piss take to the Lynn fans who had paid to watch him that night

Personally when i go to watch Poole i go to watch the team not just one rider! I don't think I would ever go just to watch Eddie Kennett for example, if i went as a neutral I would need 5/6 riders to be there that i liked to go.

Don't patronise me pal. Grow up.

Get one thing straight........... I AIN'T YOUR PAL............. I tend to associate with grown-ups!

Enjoy your school hols.

Edited by DizzAssStar

Personally when i go to watch Poole i go to watch the team not just one rider! I don't think I would ever go just to watch Eddie Kennett for example, if i went as a neutral I would need 5/6 riders to be there that i liked to go.

Exception to that was Darcy Ward for me.

• Like 3