British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Holder Sacked

Are people missing the point, the ban will affect his visa application for 2018 so could be missing until 2019.

Why would it affect his visa? As long as a club is willing to sign him from mid April - there should be no problem. Unless you know something about visa applications?

Does this mean as he cant sign for anyone at the start of the season he wont be able to get a visa?

How would that impact on his visa application for the UK? I don't know how they work, but would he just not apply for a working visa from the point the ban ends?

He hasn't been banned for August ,Sept .Oct, He doesn't have a team in the UK at present. No debate required. :D

Ahh! His ban took effect before Chapman sacked him so technically he has been banned for August,Sept and Oct.

How would that impact on his visa application for the UK? I don't know how they work, but would he just not apply for a working visa from the point the ban ends?

I dont know thats why i asked . Yeah your probably right so we could have a temporary rider until he is available Edited by foreverblue

You say spiteful... others say 'fair', 'justified', 'just-deserts'.

Absolutely - and there is no right or wrong point of view - just differing views

Are people missing the point, the ban will affect his visa application for 2018 so could be missing until 2019.

and with his low average he would probably have been very signable for several teams, if not his "home" team

Ahh! His ban took effect before Chapman sacked him so technically he has been banned for August,Sept and Oct

That sounds like a " clutching at straws " post to me. :D

• Like 1

That sounds like a " clutching at straws " post to me. :D

Not at all - if anyone is clutching at straws it's you. It is a fact that his ban precedes his sacking - therefore he is banned not sacked. Whatever the rights and wrongs we can agree that he won't be riding in the UK again this season :D

I dont know thats why i asked . Yeah your probably right so we could have a temporary rider until he is available

No... just to be even more spiteful the rest of speedway is coming up with a cunning plan that means new rules for 2018. No new riders can take part in British speedway after 12th April 2018.

• Like 1

No... just to be even more spiteful the rest of speedway is coming up with a cunning plan that means new rules for 2018. No new riders can take part in British speedway after 12th April 2018.

To be honest if he continues this years form he could be a bad signing anyway.
  • Like 1

To be honest if he continues this years form he could be a bad signing anyway.

Joking aside. I think you're right. He's long way off his best, and if he's not up for digging in and getting on with it when the tracks are not at their best then he's not going to help Poole.

Edited by TheReturn

Does he need a visa with family in this country ie his son. Also agree he hasn't been banned at all really

Not at all - if anyone is clutching at straws it's you. It is a fact that his ban precedes his sacking - therefore he is banned not sacked. Whatever the rights and wrongs we can agree that he won't be riding in the UK again this season :D

Best we leave it there then as this could go on all night. :D

I'd just add that I am no lover of Buster Chapman, 2010 and all that, but i can see the benefits of wrestling the control of the sport back from the riders who seem to think they can call all of the shots.

• Like 1

So Holder gets punished three times? Banned for 28 days, sacked, banned for 9 months.

All because Chapman put riders lives at risk by producing a dangerous track.

Today I went paragliding at Monks Down near Blandford. There were about 15 of us. The older more skillful pilots looked at conditions, 14-18mph, and decided to wait fir the wind to mellow. The younger pilots with less experience started to set up and fly. One got blown into a tree, another got dragged through cowpats as his wing kited him along.

Two hours later the more experienced took off with some reaching 3500 feet. One landed at Portland bill.

What has this got to do with Holder? As possibly the most experienced rider, his knowledge and experience should have been listened to. Whilst the younger less experienced guys will go for it, that doesn't make it any safer for them and both Lambert and Huckenbeck both refused to ride. Why no action taken against them?

Looks like Holder is being used as a scapegoat for the appalling track Buster Chapman served up.

So Holder gets punished three times? Banned for 28 days, sacked, banned for 9 months.

All because Chapman put riders lives at risk by producing a dangerous track.

Today I went paragliding at Monks Down near Blandford. There were about 15 of us. The older more skillful pilots looked at conditions, 14-18mph, and decided to wait fir the wind to mellow. The younger pilots with less experience started to set up and fly. One got blown into a tree, another got dragged through cowpats as his wing kited him along.

Two hours later the more experienced took off with some reaching 3500 feet. One landed at Portland bill.

What has this got to do with Holder? As possibly the most experienced rider, his knowledge and experience should have been listened to. Whilst the younger less experienced guys will go for it, that doesn't make it any safer for them and both Lambert and Huckenbeck both refused to ride. Why no action taken against them?

Looks like Holder is being used as a scapegoat for the appalling track Buster Chapman served up.

What a load of cowpats that is. :D

• Like 4