British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Newcastle Diamonds Vs Peterborough Panthers 13/08/17

That was at home,have you foregot they are away tonight...

• Like 1

Guests are

Jonas B Andersen

Shelby Rutherford

Luke Riddick

R/R for BWD

What a ridiculous situation which will result in 3 losses in as many days. As a Panthers fan I am embarrassed by this and feel sorry for the Panthers riders that are participating and also for the Newcastle fans who are gonna watch a boring 60-30..what incentive is there for us to turn up for the rest of our home league matches based on this shower of s***?

Cheers Jack..now f*** off to Poland and stay there.

Edited by Lukas
  • Like 3

The last time people wrote off the Panthers was in the Fours.

Don't rule out a shock win tonight.

and dont rule out a not so shocking huge defeat .

but in ged you trust .

still got the red harrington ?

I have sympathy for the paying public of both sides, especially those who have followed Peterborough at Edinburgh and then Berwick last night, I have sympathy for the Newcastle promotion who have done nothing wrong yet have to try a get a decent crowd through the door. I have zero sympathy with the Peterborough promotion who have let one of their better riders disappear off to Poland just so they can get a few extra pounds in the kitty. I am sure they will do their best but this could arguably the weakest Championship this season.

• Like 2

Haven't been to Brough in months and this is why. Despite there being probably the smallest number of teams in the league than there's ever been at this level, Peterborough turn up with 3 of their own riders. Shouldn't be happening at this level, speedway is a total joke and is surely finished as a professional sport in this country. Sad, sad days.

Edited by NJC71
  • Like 4

The team Panthers have put out is an utter disgrace!!!

• Like 2

I don't think any championship club should sign any rider that signs for a polish club, co's they will always be second choice, by signing them is just allowing them to have there cake & eat it, would they get a visa in a hurry if they didn't sign here first think not. It stinks💩

Edited by dgmetalworks

I don't think any championship club should sign any rider that signs for a polish club, co's they will always be second choice, by signing them is just allowing them to have there cake & eat , would they get a visa in a hurry if they didn't sign here think not. It stinks

That just wont happen, there is no problem with riding in Poland, the problem comes when riders are missing Championship meetings to ride for their Polish club, as is happening with Holder.

• Like 1

It's not just Poland..the doubling up rule is a joke also. I really have had enough this season.

• Like 1