British Speedway Forum
Fred5

Rebels V Lions Mon 14th Aug

Really enjoyed that meeting.

Quiet a few of the "younger" riders impressed tonight - but particularly Charles Wright, he has a nice style. Hope he can keep out of trouble injury wise and progress well.

Nice track and must be a lovely setting in the summer, but probably freezing in March and October.

• Like 3

Siht happens[/quote

Oohh matron

Just watching interview with Rebs legend Doyley. How good is Natalie Quirk.

Oohh matron

Just watching interview with Rebs legend Doyley. How good is Natalie Quirk.

Me too, good interview.... Edited by Trees
  • Like 1

We could have easily got heat 15 in if they dispensed with all that gardening at the tapes and waiting between races. With rain forecast there is no reason why the heats could not have less time between them. Otherwise good racing and a close meeting.

• Like 1

So many 'experts' on hear slagging Lynch off for not playing the stupid joker. It's so, so easy when you are not the one making the decision. Hindsight is so wonderful hey.

The problem he had was that there was no obvious candidate for the black and white in the next 2 heats. It was worth a gamble with the best gates, even a 4-4 wouldn't have been the end of the world. You could see in the interviews later that he knew he had made an error. The tactical ride window is shorter than ever you have to use it preferably when you are only 10 behind if your ambition is to win the meeting. I could understand him waiting if he was only targeting a point which is of little use to Leicester

I am very pleased with the result as not really expected but have a feeling the Lions could have won it by taking the advantage in heat15 but the track was clearly too wet.

As much as Jim Lynch is a nice guy he has made so many tactical errors and have seen at home meetings struggles to keep up with things he really needs an assistant to help him out with tactics especially when we have to run with RR and guests so much.

The problem he had was that there was no obvious candidate for the black and white in the next 2 heats. It was worth a gamble with the best gates, even a 4-4 wouldn't have been the end of the world. You could see in the interviews later that he knew he had made an error. The tactical ride window is shorter than ever you have to use it preferably when you are only 10 behind if your ambition is to win the meeting. I could understand him waiting if he was only targeting a point which is of little use to Leicester

I suppose its easy for us sitting at home.But under pressure when everyone's eyes are on you,not so easy.But......It's his job,and I don't think he had any better options in the 2 races after.Will be viewed as a mistake by most.

THE programme starts at 7.30 not the racing

From Somerset's official website:

‘Cases’ Somerset Rebels v Leicester Lions

SGB Premiership

Oaktree Arena

Monday 14th August

Gates Open 6.00pm, Tapes-Up 7.30pm

SGB Premiership

Oaktree Arena

Monday 14th August

Can't argue with that.But most seem to use it as a parade time.

Edited by Bald Bloke

So many 'experts' on hear slagging Lynch off for not playing the stupid joker. It's so, so easy when you are not the one making the decision. Hindsight is so wonderful hey.

So what he should have done then is wait for a rider to have a good ride before using them on a TR? But if a rider has a good ride you can only longer use a TR as you're not losing by enough. It's stupid to wait. At worst the TR was vs Bewley and would have got double 2.

The idea of waiting is flawed unless there a very obvious rider to use or not do it against. The make up of the Leicester and Somerset teams means any rider can come first or last at any time.

So what he should have done then is wait for a rider to have a good ride before using them on a TR? But if a rider has a good ride you can only longer use a TR as you're not losing by enough. It's stupid to wait. At worst the TR was vs Bewley and would have got double 2.

The idea of waiting is flawed unless there a very obvious rider to use or not do it against. The make up of the Leicester and Somerset teams means any rider can come first or last at any time.

And if you use it as soon as you can & it doesn't work you're called an idiot for not waiting. The best thing they can do is ditch the stupid bloody rule, I'm pleased Lions didn't win because of it! I'm no Jim Lynch fan by the way!

• Like 1

The heats after that looked so even,So with gates 1-3,with the riders on show,i think it was worth a shot.

Credit must go to Scott Nicholls as DK said on interview he was going up & down the pits "Geeing" the lads up. Delivered on & off the track, great team man, but I also suspect he had Rye House's play-off interests in the back of his mind as well.

I am very pleased with the result as not really expected but have a feeling the Lions could have won it by taking the advantage in heat15 but the track was clearly too wet.

As much as Jim Lynch is a nice guy he has made so many tactical errors and have seen at home meetings struggles to keep up with things he really needs an assistant to help him out with tactics especially when we have to run with RR and guests so much.

Surely his main role is to have a handle on the tactics, I mean he doesn't ride, so what else is there to do? He has made these sort of mistakes before yet still keeps popping up in management roles. I'm assuming he must be one who is prepared to do the job for nothing as any prospective employer would have to look at his record and would surely look elsewhere, must be monetary imo.

SGB Premiership

Oaktree Arena

Monday 14th August

Can't argue with that, they should have been able to run all 15 heats.

On the whole it wasn't a bad meeting considering the general weather around today, much better than watching reruns of previous meetings.

well us country folk down here in dorset are getting increasingly frustrated with speedway this season we are desperately,desperately trying to give one of you 4th place but it seems we are going to be stuck with it !!