British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheReturn

Sgp Wildcards 2018

I always laugh when people say this or that particular rider 'deserves' to be in the gp.

The only riders who deserve to be in next years series are the 11 qualifiers.

Personally I believe that there shouldn't be any wildcards (apart from the 1 local rider) and everybody should have to qualify, like in the early years of the series.

Obviously it would be unfortunate for riders like Hancock and Iversen, but injury is part of the sport and riders have missed world finals before through being injured...All riders below 8th should have to go through the qualifiers to get back in, with the top 7 from the challenge making up the 15.

It seems though that wildcards are here to stay so imo Hancock and Holder are nailed on as the organisers won't want the world championship getting too European.

The token Dane will more than likely be Iversen, and then probably Vaculik.

I believe Milik and Lebedevs will have to qualify through the challenge to get in as their both very inconsistent.

Milik has done well as a wildcard but I reckon he would struggle through a full season...Plus he was pretty awful in the World Cup against not the stongest of opposition.

• Like 1

I think it should be:

1. Greg Hancock

2. Nicki Pedersen if they think he’s fit enough. NKI otherwise.

3. Vaclav Milik

4. Andzejs Lebedevs

The only other rider who should be considered is Vaculik. With a strong enough showing in Australia, he could grab the place of Milik or Lebedevs.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

Hancock , won't please everyone but he is the current Champion

Pedersen , he puts bums on seats so I think that is the way BSI will go

Milik, exciting rider who will add to the series

Vaculik ,he won a GP and is 9th which is crucial

Hancock , won't please everyone but he is the current Champion

Pedersen , he puts bums on seats so I think that is the way BSI will go

Milik, exciting rider who will add to the series

Vaculik ,he won a GP and is 9th which is crucial

8th is crucial, not 9th.

Assuming wild cards are offered to Hancock and Pedersen, and it's difficult to see this not happening, and also to the rider finishing the season in 9th, place which happens more often than not, that leaves a hell of a lot of worthy applicants chasing one spot. Iversen, Lebedevs, Milik,Drabik and Hampel spring to mind for a start.What if Holder and Vaculik tie for 9th. place, do both or neither get a wild card?.

Personally I don' agree with wildcards as I would prefer top 8 from the series and top 8 from the challenge, but as we have to have them I would opt for Hancock, Pedersen, Milik and Lebedevs.

Hate to say it because a fit and competitive Nicki is box office but I think if he gets a wild card he will be well off the pace and do his reputation as a great rider no good at all. Would love to be proved wrong but can't see it

• Like 4

8th is crucial, not 9th.

9th great record of getting a card. Its only history but does guide.

Personally I don' agree with wildcards as I would prefer top 8 from the series and top 8 from the challenge.

Agreed, injuries happen, but it was always the case, the World Final would miss key riders because of injury preventing them qualifying.

I think if wildcards are to be used they should only be used in case of existing SGP riders missing much of a SGP season through early season injury, but if no rider qualifies through injury then yes top 8 from the SGP Challenge.

8th is crucial, not 9th.

see the statistics earlier on the thread. 9th very important historically.

see the statistics earlier on the thread. 9th very important historically.

and 10th is equally important unfortunately which makes Holder a shoe-in candidate for one of the wildcards :mad:

and 10th is equally important unfortunately which makes Holder a shoe-in candidate for one of the wildcards :mad:

No not ahead of 9th placed rider.

i thought earlier that we would get a new rider as wild card but now i dont think that will happen . greg nicki niels chris martin any four from 5 but then they may still want another swede in who knows

i thought earlier that we would get a new rider as wild card but now i dont think that will happen . greg nicki niels chris martin any four from 5 but then they may still want another swede in who knows

chris martin. Hate Coldplay.

• Like 1