British Speedway Forum
g13webb

Kings Lynn Vs Wolves ( Double Header) 23.08,17

I find it hard to believe that there is a rule that says a team must start a match with only three riders

Wow! If there is such a rule it helps us to understand why the sport is going down the pan.

A Grand Prix winner, multi time British champion, entertaining and all action rider who gives 100% every race then I think Lambert will be ok with that.

And this is what the fans want.Although you see so many fickle fans on here wanting entertainment,which Lambert produces and then they moan about him in the next breath for not going onto the next level.You either want to see entertainment on the track or you want them to gate and go and clear off in the distance.You can't have both.

• Like 1

Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.... Hindsight not needed!

At the risk of repeating myself, there were 23 weeks available to stage 14 home meetings. We come to two weeks from the end of the season and suddenly realise that we have only held 10 meetings and that we still have 4 to fit in. That is not unfortunate. That is not bad luck. It is complete and utter incompetence, a lack of forward planning and evidence of a missing brain. I sincerely believe that if JC had still been at the club, none of the recent disasters, including the latest shambles, would have been allowed to happen. I turned my back on this "sport" some time ago, realising that my hard earned deserved a more appropriate home. However, having attended my first meeting at the Firs in the early sixties, it is impossible to ignore it completely. I love it when "real" fans have a pop and suggest you shouldn't have an opinion because you aren't at a meeting and then admit they aren't there either! And this person is linked to the club? Heaven help the club!

Edited by Starboy118

Well I'm right. Lambert will turn out to be like Chris Harris and even that's being kind

Well I think we would all be pleased if he won a British GP at Cardiff.

• Like 1

So if I read this right

Kings Lynn went into this match stating in print on their website “With Porsing set to rejoin Auty at reserve, the Stars track a full one to seven for two meetings in one night against the 2016 Elite League champions.” and yet only revealed just before the start that they were without Palm Toft who was apparently riding in Denmark.

The BSPA Chairman, Vice Chairman and another committee member all attempted to persuade the meeting referee to abandon/postpone the second match which was clearly against the rules and she correctly declined.

The second meeting was abandoned after 10 heats - was a correct/official reason given for this or had everyone lost interest by then.

The track caused riders a lot of problems early doors but was better when some extensive work was carried out by the home promotion.

I am not impressed with the Lynn report and I rather think resignations should be forthcoming, this was a complete shambles of epic proportions from start to finish.

Good summary. There was deceit which made fools out of supporters who were treated with contempt. They were effectively mugged. Some would say this resulted from poor communication, others would call it blatant lying. Either way it doesn't present the owner in a good light. He appears to be either a buffoon or a crook.

That was a few years ago now though,riders don't even simply want to guest now let alone turn up just in case.

Agree,what happened to "in the best interests"

Can't believe some people moaning about the track last night.As DWP said it was fine,to me i was expecting it to be a bit grippier.It wasn't deep or dangerous.If it was we would have seen some comments from another certain Aussie on social media.

Thankfully Buster hasn't used that new stuff on the track anymore or only small amounts...

I find it hard to believe that there is a rule that says a team must start a match with only three riders

But there were 4, in hindsight they probably should have failed to find another reserve and that should have been enough for the meeting to be called off.

• Like 1

Here, Here! 100%.

Here, here! 1,000%. Been saying the same for ages.

I would rather watch a Lambert race than some of the so called stars.As you put in your last sentence"Mr Entertainment" isn't that what it's all about.I would much rather watch 7 racers than 7 riders.

Robert has great bike control I think, he's learning the ropes in Sweden and Poland. Needs to get rid of his injuries and will push on, I'll always support him.

Robert has great bike control I think, he's learning the ropes in Sweden and Poland. Needs to get rid of his injuries and will push on, I'll always support him.

Needs to learn how to gate.

The point is, is there a rule that says a team can't start with just 3 riders?

Needs to learn how to gate.

Sure he's working on it....

The point is, is there a rule that says a team can't start with just 3 riders?

Alternatively is there a rule that says you can?Common sense should prevail and every body knows you can't start a match with 3 or 4 riders.5 you could get away with as long as you had your 2 reserves.

Lynn have now apologised for the "oversight" in not informing fans of Palm-Toft's absence. So far they have not apologised for advertising 17/18 year old admission at £10 when in fact it should have been 16/17 year old for £10.

Buster was swift to sack riders for not performing their job to the standard he required or expected, no doubt we will hear very quickly that the person responsible for the above will have been relieved of their post.

I supported Buster over the Holder/Batchelor affair but it's time he realised the rest of his "team" need to perform well also. Fans can forgive riders being injured/out of form etc but there is no excuse for poor communication in this day and age.

Especially NOT when the Chair of the BSPA so openly and fully embraces and endorses all forms of social media. I do not believe that MPT told the club at 7 pm that he was riding in another country. If this was so, he needs helping with his effective communication.

Well I think we would all be pleased if he won a British GP at Cardiff.

Surprised, more like!