British Speedway Forum
g13webb

Kings Lynn Vs Wolves ( Double Header) 23.08,17

This whole event was an accident waiting to happen. Injury to any riders could always happen and when both teams were using RR the knock on effect is really damaging. Creating a new rule to stop teams from bringing in outside help for the play-off, has really compounded on those teams who could have done with the help.

Had we had sensible rules and responsible people in charge, Wednesday match against Wolves Could / Should be played for double points. Then we wouldn't been arguing the rights and wrongs of that second match fiasco. By making it compulsory to complete with only half the riders, the Ref turned the sport into a laughing stock.

Rules or no Rules !!!!

• Like 1

Any updates on the injured riders? I note Lambert is due to ride in Latvia today?!

and he won it I see. Hope the knee didn't swell up too much!!

• Like 1

I agree which makes it all the more concerning that 3 members of the Management Committee attempted to persuade the referee to do just that.

It doesn't say a lot for the integrity of the MC does it.

agreed.

hang on Steve, you say the Poole match was cancelled before it took place.. the 2nd meeting could (should) have been as well.

Fans and riders were in the stadium and had spent extra money for both matches.

Huge difference to calling the match off in advance .

agreed.

I think the 2nd meeting should have been called off.It done more damage to the sport running it than calling it off.When the riders and promotions were willing to call it off that says something to me.Plus the fans would have been happy to see it called off all we want to see is a more competetive match.

You citing riders and fans were in the stadium having paid their money.What happens when the same has occured and then it rains,match is called off and you get you money back,it's that simple.

Only one person it seems was truly happy for it to carry on.Maybe this why they decided before the 2nd meeting just to go to ht 10.

agreed.

no difference whatsoever, Buster wanted to reimburse the fans as it should have been the right thing to do.

Apparently CVS & Buster wanted this but was wrongly over ruled IMO.

• Like 1

I think the 2nd meeting should have been called off.It done more damage to the sport running it than calling it off.When the riders and promotions were willing to call it off that says something to me.Plus the fans would have been happy to see it called off all we want to see is a more competetive match.

You citing riders and fans were in the stadium having paid their money.What happens when the same has occured and then it rains,match is called off and you get you money back,it's that simple.

Only one person it seems was truly happy for it to carry on.Maybe this why they decided before the 2nd meeting just to go to ht 10.

both would have created a farce by calling it off, particularly as one club held no fault. The only fair thing would have been to declare the 2nd meeting 0-75 to wolves and offer refund if the referee is able to but surely that's down to BSPA officials and not the referee. No way should the visiting team have to be penalised (by missing vital league points due to the cut off date).

either way it's all a complete farce.

no difference whatsoever, Buster wanted to reimburse the fans as it should have been the right thing to do.

Apparently CVS & Buster wanted this but was wrongly over ruled IMO.

No one team or fans can do anything about a rain off, so there is indeed difference between the 2.

• Like 1

No one team or fans can do anything about a rain off, so there is indeed difference between the 2.

who said a rain-off, you said "But that was before a meeting took place, cancelled by the promotion citing 'damaging business' and not under the control of an official."

Having run that particular meeting, for me it has damaged their business so its exactly the same, albeit Kings Lynn had a valid reason to cancel ;)

No one team or fans can do anything about the amount of injuries neither.

who said a rain-off, you said "But that was before a meeting took place, cancelled by the promotion citing 'damaging business' and not under the control of an official."

Having run that particular meeting, for me it has damaged their business so its exactly the same, albeit Kings Lynn had a valid reason to cancel ;)

Sorry tellboy mentioned rain offs. I agree the precedent set by a Dorset club opens this all up to question now.

The difference before was that the BSPA agreed to that cancellation (bizarrely) but didn't this time.

At least no travelling fans were inconvenienced in the precedent cancellation. Still a difference to me. However we know the fans aren't important! :wink:

No one team or fans can do anything about the amount of injuries neither.

So what's the answer? Cancel any meeting when more than one rider is missing? We would hardly have half a dozen fixtures ridden if we did that!

What happened with injuries was unfortunate.

The difference before was that the BSPA agreed to that cancellation (bizarrely) but didn't this time.

Very strange if you believe what some BV fans tell us about Buster and his all ranging powers :P

Very strange if you believe what some BV fans tell us about Buster and his all ranging powers :P

Very strange is what I'd describe some BV fans!

Thankfully they are mostly in the minority tho. :t:

• Like 2