British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve0

Swindon Vs Kings Lynn 21 August 2017

Aarnio was withdrawn at Berwick last night with a suspected broken metatarsal but apparently is ok to ride at Peterboro today??????

Edited by Skidder1

I think this meeting will be closer than people think the reserves are the key for me and it just shows how we really will miss Zak.Huckenbeck and Jorgensen can be hard chargers and who knows with Jonasson a rider really hard to judge i recon the Budgies to win by 12 points or more i really want Lambert to show us that he can be a in/out Lynn no 1.

Sometimes you look at teams on paper and believe it is very one sided - this match is one of those occasions. However, matches are not won on paper and sometimes the underdog can spring a surprise. I don't think KL will spring a surprise but Swindon will need to ensure that they don't get complacent. Also, as fans we need to watch that we don't get over-confident and turn into certain Poole supporters because then everyone just wants to see your team fail. Swindon this year have surprised everyone and the fans just need to stay level headed and enjoy the ride

• Like 4

Chapman needs to apologise quickly Holder and Batchelor and beg them to come back, or this is going to be a massacre! Lol!

Seriously, looks a one sided meeting not really worthy of the cameras being present. Hope I am wrong for those sitting on their sofas looking forward to a close meeting.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

I think this meeting will be closer than people think the reserves are the key for me and it just shows how we really will miss Zak.Huckenbeck and Jorgensen can be hard chargers and who knows with Jonasson a rider really hard to judge i recon the Budgies to win by 12 points or more i really want Lambert to show us that he can be a in/out Lynn no 1.

You mean the team that got trounced by Poole are going to run us close!

Aarnio was withdrawn at Berwick last night with a suspected broken metatarsal but apparently is ok to ride at Peterboro today??????

You got me worried then as I always like to go to the Sunday meetings at Peterborough. :o

When the Stars won here in May Holder and Batch contributed 21 points, you can't see where those points are coming from now.

Doyley got 18, the only Swindon rider to win a race that night.

They have Toby now, and Ellis is vastly improved.

3 clubs on 29 points fighting for 4th with Poole.

Edited by beefy keefy

Chapman needs to apologise quickly Holder and Batchelor and beg them to come back, or this is going to be a massacre! Lol!

Seriously, looks a one sided meeting not really worthy of the cameras being present. Hope I am wrong for those sitting on their sofas looking forward to a close meeting.

This Swindon side even without Zak who is a loss if they are all on there game are capable of thrashing anyone. I know it sounds crazy but this Lynn side for me has more of a chance of putting. up a fight than your very poor Poole team.
  • Like 1

This Swindon side even without Zak who is a loss if they are all on there game are capable of thrashing anyone. I know it sounds crazy but this Lynn side for me has more of a chance of putting. up a fight than your very poor Poole team.

Yes i think you are correct, Lambert and Jonasson are flying at present.

BWD must be a doubt as he has posted pics with his arm in a sling following a prang at Scunny

I just hope Lynn can at least keep it close. The better they perform without Batch and Holder the bigger the middle figure they're sticking up to them and all the other top guys. Looking at each team rider for rider then it's close. Look at Swindons form vs Lynns and Swindon being the home team and it's 60-30.

This is David v Goliath.

Lynn will be beaten easily

Edited by Gunner85