British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Blue

Ipswich V Peterborough Ch 24-8-17 @7-30

Seemingly another shameful performance from Panthers. So much for pre match platitudes from Management

Yup usual bullcrap , I wonder what excuses and hard luck stories we can make up for the match report tomorrow.

A really average meeting apart from heat 15.

As has been said by a previous poster, I am not quite sure how the Panthers ended up with 41 as they really were pretty average. Not quite sure how JCF thinks Holder was beaten by home track advantage as in his first two outings he gated and was then passed easily by Schlein and King and beaten by a distance.

• Like 1

What an awful turn out, absolute dead atmosphere.

Atmosphere as expected against pointless opposition was dead. As for an awful turn out???? Most clubs in our division can only dream of a crowd half that size. You have to take into account it's easily the biggest Speedway stadium in the country, so even a crowd of 1500 looks lost in there.

i agree the stadiums massive but crowd looked sparse to me

Edited by Panthers89

Well it was mission accomplished with the 3 points gained.

To be fair wasn't the best of meetings and not hugely entertaining.

Mason Campton, not a bad choice of guest , well done lad.

Apart from that Cam was a little over eager to make a couple of passes and overcooked it resulting falls , hope he's OK !

Onwards and upwards .

My goodness, we've had two dire meetings this season, both against the panthers, Bomber excepted of course, the rest hmmm!!!

Cam didn't look too clever when he walked back to the pits tonight, in a lot of pain holding his arm :cry: Fingers crossed not too badly injured.

Anyway we gifted them heats 13,14 & 15 which bumped their score up tbh.

I personally thing the track gets a bad rep the for racing it produces, ht 13&15 this year have regularly been excellent and have highlighted how good the racing can be, while also highlighting the gulf in class between the top and bottom riders in this league now. ht 13&15 generally have four good riders in them all of which could win it hence the racing is good! How many heats can you actually say that looking up and down a championship programme these days!? Week in week out the witches can only race what's in front of them and when the likes of ostergaard for example turn up and ride like he did tonight it isnt gonna be close racing and sadly there's just too much of that these days!

Hope Cameron is ok, went in pretty damn hard! Would be a shame for him having been in such good form! Although he did seem to lose his head both races where he fell while trying a bit too hard unecesarily...a trait that this year seemed to be behind him...a big part of his large improvement imo

• Like 2

Dunno how we reached 41, miracle tbh! Heeps helped by throwing away points I guess, and RR made Ippo stronger and awful for us.

King - solid 4/5, great passes in 11 and 15

Heeps - quick, but clueless, injured through over riding 2.5/10

Mason - best I've seen him ride, classy! 5/5

Rory - superb! 5/5

Greaves - done very well, looked good 3.5/5

Mountain - battled hard 2/5

Harris - fast, but not at his best! 3/5

Starke - solid but not spectacular 2.5/5

Ully - woeful, so slow! 1/5

Holder - quick but run some weird lines 3.5/5

Sarjeant - was actually quite quick and performed better than his points 2.5/5

Bacon - outclassed 1.5/5

Ofcourse hope Heeps will be ok!

Edited by Panthers89

I agree with Buttons 89.I enjoyed heat 15 and appreciate Cameron s all out efforts.Buttons has the view on things as me i.e. better racing when all four of them are high calibre with strung out racing when there is disparity between the rider's abilities

• Like 1

I personally thing the track gets a bad rep the for racing it produces, ht 13&15 this year have regularly been excellent and have highlighted how good the racing can be, while also highlighting the gulf in class between the top and bottom riders in this league now. ht 13&15 generally have four good riders in them all of which could win it hence the racing is good! How many heats can you actually say that looking up and down a championship programme these days!? Week in week out the witches can only race what's in front of them and when the likes of ostergaard for example turn up and ride like he did tonight it isnt gonna be close racing and sadly there's just too much of that these days!

Hope Cameron is ok, went in pretty damn hard! Would be a shame for him having been in such good form! Although he did seem to lose his head both races where he fell while trying a bit too hard unecesarily...a trait that this year seemed to be behind him...a big part of his large improvement imo

Spot on :t:

The race to the bottom gets the racing (or lack of it) that it deserves.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

Not to worry we have other competitions to focus on 🤣🤣🤣

We need this sesso over and quick.

This time Ged get some help in team building

• Like 1

i agree the stadiums massive but crowd looked sparse to me

Obviously the crowd levels at Foxhall have been acceptable for a few years, as I'm sure John or Chris wouldn't have funded it out of their back pockets like successive Peterboro promoters have had to.

For some reason Peterboro has been beset with problems in the past few years, I suppose a lot of this is down to not having a regular raceday/night. Let's just hope Ged carries on funding it, or another promoter can be found to keep it alive, I'm not one of these that doesn't want tracks to close, but I want to see the good ones stay open.

When posters mention about a track closing down on here they get jumped on, but they all hate doubling up, do the maths.

Not to worry we have other competitions to focus on

We need this sesso over and quick.

This time Ged get some help in team building

What's the betting Simon Lambert and Ulrich Østergaard both in the team next year? FFS.

How can Peterboro fans claim their woeful performance was down to Ipswich's home track advantage when the highest scorer on the night was Workington's No 2.

• Like 2