British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

Thats been said for a few years now.

True, but in those years they had SKY TV money as a safety net. From what I hear their is potentially be no deal in 2018 with sky or BT.

As we enter the penultimate year ( 2018 ) of Busters Five Year masterplan to revive Speedway GB, he and or other KLS promoters have much to do at the AFA. Please be getting on with it.

Buster has stated that there won't be any team news until after Christmas. So does that mean the Stars will get the riders no one else wanted ?

If no TV deal then Speedway is finished in this country. Needs a TV deal imo.

I don't think so.

Maybe the sensible thing long term is to have one big league. Let's not get into specifics of how/what/why now.

If there is no deal then ultimately to survive the sport and the clubs have to live within its/their means.

I think there still has to be a situation where those clubs who feel they can afford and sustain within whatever points limit is set, any overseas stars, but where they go top heavy on such riders they will have to facilitate with younger lower av further down.

I believe its up to each team who they track if it is one league and the biggest leveller to flooding the Uk with big names will be the points limits.

We will always have the haves and have not's but not unlike most sports.

Let's not go overboard here. A rider with a high GSA here in Prem is not guaranteed to top that in the one big league. Look at Morris who has a higher GSA at Swindon then he has at Berwick in 2017.

If there is no TV money and no sensible pay per view deal can be harnessed to help compensate, then for me the one big league (slide and dice it how you see fit BSPA) is the long term answer.

If not then I question how many clubs will be around in 2/3 years other than maybe those who get good support and have the best promoters.

I read somewhere that Swindon lost money last year. If that turns out to be correct then it shows the state of the sport if the league winners couldnt make it pay. Having said that their stadium hardly is the most welcoming place to watch and enjoy speedway.

Anyway lets see if this gains traction after 2018 season end.

Anyone know what average Kacper Gomolski would come in on? He was supposed to be part of the changes last year before Buster forgot the rule about needing 2 Brits in the team.

Looks like Lewis Kerr is back with the Stars in 2018.

Running a crowdfunding page to help buy equipment - http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/enable-lewis-to-race-in-the-uk-premiership/

"After coming back into racing last year I have been fortunate to have a couple of opportunities and now I have been offered a team place with the Stars but I need to fund my own new bike and engine. I am determined to do this and hope that you will help me on this journey and am grateful for as little or as much support as you can give. Simply the money I need to proceed is out of my reach at this time so I am looking to you to help me to succeed."

• Like 1

Running a crowdfunding page to help buy equipment - http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/enable-lewis-to-race-in-the-uk-premiership/

"After coming back into racing last year I have been fortunate to have a couple of opportunities and now I have been offered a team place with the Stars but I need to fund my own new bike and engine. I am determined to do this and hope that you will help me on this journey and am grateful for as little or as much support as you can give. Simply the money I need to proceed is out of my reach at this time so I am looking to you to help me to succeed."

Whilst I like Lewis and really wish him the best of luck, I honestly do not know why he wants to continue to put his neck on the line after so many serious accidents.

Maybe he should take it as a sign to stop racing if he can not afford to buy equipment. My advice is to Jack it in, the chance of being a world champ is gone and he is still young enough to make a successful career in another trade that has far less risks and will give him an income all year round.

• Like 3

Anyone know what average Kacper Gomolski would come in on? He was supposed to be part of the changes last year before Buster forgot the rule about needing 2 Brits in the team.

No chance of Gomolski riding for Buster after what happened last year.

He should just tell promoters he is Australian then hed get somewhere to live, a van, bikes etc

• Like 2

K.Bjerre 8.48

L.Kerr 5.06

D.King 6.66

T.Jorgensen 5.93

R.Lambert 7.38

J.Auty 4.68

T.Aarnio ???

Not convinced with the reserves, but my best prediction so far. Hoping we don't have to wait until next year for the next rider announcement !!

K.Bjerre 8.48

L.Kerr 5.06

D.King 6.66

T.Jorgensen 5.93

R.Lambert 7.38

J.Auty 4.68

T.Aarnio ???

Not convinced with the reserves, but my best prediction so far. Hoping we don't have to wait until next year for the next rider announcement !!

Can't see that team happening, Kerr is a good signing on that average, i said Poole should have kept him last season and he is better than his current average. I imagine King will be at Leicester.

According to the Peterborough thread Buster has been promoted to the SCB as well as BSPA Chairman.

Not a clue what john Chapman is on about? Lewi had a great season and just keeps getting better! Every rider needs help with machinery even the Gp boys. Lewi also works as a carpenter through the winter as well. Can't see your problem? If lynn have signed him he will be a great addition to the stars