British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

It's a pity people on here can't find better things to do instead of constantly knock Robert Lambert. Get of his back.

I'm sorry you think the way you do, I believe everyone is entitled to an opinion, especially those who pay out to watch him ride. Now if you think that's wrong , then Tuff.!!

I was fortunate to have a close friendship with Michael Lee, but it didn't stop me telling him how I felt when things didn't go as one expected. . When Robert does well, I will sing his praises, but likewise when he slips up then I will say so. That what opinions are.... If you are one of those blowing sunshine at him all the time, he'll think he is God and act like it........

• Like 2

I pay to watch Rob Lambert ride. And I don't blow sunshine at him all the time. It just seems to me people are only happy when they are criticising him. I know he isn't perfect but are any of us?

• Like 2

The reason he's getting knocked is because to many people bigged him up to be the next British superstar.

They're all extremely disappointed that this season he really hasn't stepped it up to expectations.

My expectations I believe are far more realistic and I just don't see him becoming any better than he is already.

He's quite frankly has been less than average against top riders, to the point of being completely uncompetitive against them.

The World Cup 2 years running really should have opened pwoples eyes but they're still so blinded with pipe dreams.

He is a talent and you obviously dont rate him you have made that clear anough which is fair anough but i believe he can push on he has showed me glimpses of real quality.Also as others have said he is still only 19 and i put him at least on par with Kurtz and better than Holder but those two have stole a march on him for a contract in Poland.All is not lost it is down to Robert now but all Lynn fans should want him to be part of Lynn's history he should stay there and push on i hope he does it i enjoy watching him ride. Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

It's a pity people on here can't find better things to do instead of constantly knock Robert Lambert. Get of his back.

why

ive seen nothing from him that sugests hes a long term prospect

natural talent yes of coarse he has that

but dedication loyalty and maturaty not seen any of that

I pay to watch Rob Lambert ride. And I don't blow sunshine at him all the time. It just seems to me people are only happy when they are criticising him. I know he isn't perfect but are any of us?

Criticising him doesn't make me happy, it make me sad, thinking he is far better than some of the behaviour he pulls...

4 yrs ago it was my pleasure to be at Lynn watching the young Stars against Stoke in the lower league. Robert Lambert, then only 15yrs was amazing. 21 pts max only told half the story. This man (boy) was unbelievable, 3 times he gated, twice coming from last to first, and the other two were easy 2nd to 1st rides. Small in stature, but he stood 10 foot tall. he was head and shoulders above anybody that night. He was so happy, the smile on his face was so intoxicating to us all. He was equal to any young rider I had ever seen, and that includes Michael Lee.. He had the world at his feet....

Today is a far cry from that treasured memory, That smile has long gone, He now has the world on his shoulder rather than at his feet. He doesn't show that same enjoyment he did, them years ago. and that's a massive shame. Sure, he has improved through the years, as have many others, Back then, I thought he was an exceptional talent, destined for the top, but not now. His attitude and persona are now more prominent than his ability....

Criticising him doesn't make me happy, it make me sad, thinking he is far better than some of the behaviour he pulls...

4 yrs ago it was my pleasure to be at Lynn watching the young Stars against Stoke in the lower league. Robert Lambert, then only 15yrs was amazing. 21 pts max only told half the story. This man (boy) was unbelievable, 3 times he gated, twice coming from last to first, and the other two were easy 2nd to 1st rides. Small in stature, but he stood 10 foot tall. he was head and shoulders above anybody that night. He was so happy, the smile on his face was so intoxicating to us all. He was equal to any young rider I had ever seen, and that includes Michael Lee.. He had the world at his feet....

Today is a far cry from that treasured memory, That smile has long gone, He now has the world on his shoulder rather than at his feet. He doesn't show that same enjoyment he did, them years ago. and that's a massive shame. Sure, he has improved through the years, as have many others, Back then, I thought he was an exceptional talent, destined for the top, but not now. His attitude and persona are now more prominent than his ability....

A 15 year old would he happy scoring 21 pts in the NL.No pressure,and lots of fun.He's in the real speedway world now and trying to break through in Poland's top league, and has a lot of pressure on his young shoulders.Being Lynn's No. 1 after "that night" has increased the pressure even further.I don't think there is a team in the country that wouldn't want him in 2018 if funds allowed.Some of this missing meetings needs looking at,but i'm pretty sure these decisions ain't just Roberts decisions.But I may be wrong

• Like 1

A 15 year old would he happy scoring 21 pts in the NL.No pressure,and lots of fun.He's in the real speedway world now and trying to break through in Poland's top league, and has a lot of pressure on his young shoulders.Being Lynn's No. 1 after "that night" has increased the pressure even further.I don't think there is a team in the country that wouldn't want him in 2018 if funds allowed.

Hit the nail on the head I suspect. Having Holder and Batch sacked was the last thing he needed this year for his personal enjoyment of being a Star, took away all the fun and left pressure instead. Particularly without Dale about either ....
  • Like 1

You missed this part of my post in your quote.

I think the missed meetings need to be looked at.But I doubt its Lambo's decision alone.

Sorry to intrude but for what it's worth I reckon Lambert is another Loram/Havelock. When the cards fall his way he'll have his day in the sun. He could be so much better than that.

• Like 1

Sorry to intrude but for what it's worth I reckon Lambert is another Loram/Havelock. When the cards fall his way he'll have his day in the sun. He could be so much better than that.

Interesting reply.Re Loram.Please expand.

Your not intruding btw.

Edited by Bald Bloke

A 15 year old would he happy scoring 21 pts in the NL.No pressure,and lots of fun.He's in the real speedway world now and trying to break through in Poland's top league, and has a lot of pressure on his young shoulders.Being Lynn's No. 1 after "that night" has increased the pressure even further.I don't think there is a team in the country that wouldn't want him in 2018 if funds allowed.Some of this missing meetings needs looking at,but i'm pretty sure these decisions ain't just Roberts decisions.But I may be wrong

I don't get all this pressure lark, he is no different to any other rider, or any other person, (for that matter) working for a living. He has a job to do and any pressure he has is self inflicted. Whether it be riding for the young Stars in the NL or riding in the top league, it is no different. The attitude should be the same. He's doing a job he loves to do. How many other people would love to say that. If he thinks that's pressure he ought to try working 50 hrs a week in a factory for a pittance, and still not have enough to feed his family... He'd appreciate the valued position he enjoys in life.....

Instead of thinking he's hard done by, he wants to appreciate the following and support of his fans. We don't want to hear excuses for bad performances, or for not riding, we want to see him ride that bike like the wind and scoring double figures every week. As a top rider this is all he is asked to do.....

• Like 2

Lambert isn't 20 yet let's not forget that. He's shown improvement year on year and he has had the weight of being his local club's number one on his shoulders recently. People need to stop comparing him to Michael Lee, Terry Betts and every other rider under the sun that's come before him. He's his own rider. If he can improve his starts he'll kick on another level.

I'd happily take him at Rye House on his current average. It's more than likely only going to go up from there.

• Like 4

Interesting reply.Re Loram.Please expand.

Your not intruding btw.

Loram, if memory serves, won his world title without winning any of the rounds outright, the only time that's happened. He was consistent and seized his opportunity. His next best SGP finish was 5th.

I don't get all this pressure lark, he is no different to any other rider, or any other person, (for that matter) working for a living. He has a job to do and any pressure he has is self inflicted. Whether it be riding for the young Stars in the NL or riding in the top league, it is no different. The attitude should be the same. He's doing a job he loves to do. How many other people would love to say that. If he thinks that's pressure he ought to try working 50 hrs a week in a factory for a pittance, and still not have enough to feed his family... He'd appreciate the valued position he enjoys in life.....

Instead of thinking he's hard done by, he wants to appreciate the following and support of his fans. We don't want to hear excuses for bad performances, or for not riding, we want to see him ride that bike like the wind and scoring double figures every week. As a top rider this is all he is asked to do.....

There comes a time where everyone has some kind of pressure put on them.Whether you earn £200 a week or £200,000 a week,whether your in a valued position or not.

• Like 1

I hear what your saying..People handle pressure in different ways i guess.Some people put more pressure on themselves than others.

Edited by Bald Bloke