British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ghostwalker

Stockholm Gp 2017

You are correct but I don't blame Kildermand for going down easily. If in the same position 99% of us would do the same. The rules are in black and white, can be stretched or used by anyone, to there advantage. The rules heavily favors any rider being passed on the inside who gets any form of contact.

Maybe the rule needs wording differently to include contact that is deemed normal, fair or reckless. This will give a grey area for a referee but would stop riders falling off at the softest touch in the knowledge they will get the decision. It would encourage riders to stay on the bike.

Well said Markey. I think sometimes it just comes down to who we are cheering for. Me being a huge Emil fan I was thrilled when Emil passed Kilderman on the inside in the first set of heats I think. It was rather rough I thought but if Peter passed him like that I would have been a little upset. Then to Peter's defense he called it fair play in the interview.

Watching Zagar in the last two GP's and also in the league's from what I've seen he's the fastest man on a speedway bike lately IMO. Also Zmarlick is out of control at times but I would miss him if he wasn't in the GP's. I do think he's a little rough at times though.

It was a great Final!

Holder had lost full control, his foot was in the air off the footrest, causing him to stray slightly off his line and make contact with Kildemand, causing him to fall

Correct decision IMHO

Exactly, I'm amazed anyone can think Holder was not at fault. His foot wasn't even on the footrest! OK Kildemand has form but in this case Holder was 99% to blame.

Exactly, I'm amazed anyone can think Holder was not at fault. His foot wasn't even on the footrest! OK Kildemand has form but in this case Holder was 99% to blame.

Having your boot off the footrest does not mean you're not in control. He had it in the air the whole straight. Last time I looked at the replay it seemed his bike jumped off the track as he put it sideways and at that time Faller was there to take the contact. Holder was gonna get d'qed 98 times from a 100 from that one. And Faller could most likely stayed on unless it was a final place at stake.

Why should anyone have to turn the sound off. We pay to watch and listen to a professionally produced programme. If what is delivered is less than that we have every right to complain.

The alternative of course is for BT to provide half price subscriptions for those that don't use the sound and that is never going to happen.

Genuine question, do you EVER stop moaning ?

Why should anyone have to turn the sound off. We pay to watch and listen to a professionally produced programme. If what is delivered is less than that we have every right to complain.

The alternative of course is for BT to provide half price subscriptions for those that don't use the sound and that is never going to happen.

Hello Star Lady.....As a youtube watcher in the states (I seem to be a six day a week worker plus I don't think there is a live stream?) so I usually have to settle for Polish or Danish language Saturday evening because for some reason the English version comes out later and I can't wait for it. So I suggest that you try the Polish version a couple times and I guarantee that you will come back to Nigel and Kelvin with open arms!! Overall I enjoy Nigel and Kelvin and think they love the sport as we do.

• Like 2

Genuine question, do you EVER stop moaning ?

If you care to check back you will see I wasn't the person that moaned. I replied to someone who rudely told folk to "turn the sound off" and then further replied when asked why my view should prevail. Which again I didn't suggest it should.

Now if expressing an opinion that doesn't conform to yours is moaning...fair enough...I'm guilty.

My conscience however is as clear as crystal....I pay my money (unlike some who always want a free stream) and therefore consider I am entitled to an opinion and as this is a forum I will continue to voice it.

Have a nice day now :)

• Like 2

Just got back from Stockholm, got to say I was very disappointed with the turn out at the Friends Arena, hardly any Polish fans there, not many brits either, the Stadium was very barely half full, the full top tier was not used, and if the rumours about Stockholm are true about it not been on the venue's list for 2018 are true, I can believe that, mind you also have to say that Stockholm is not the cheapest place to go to either, £7 a pint, nearly went teetotal for the weekend when I got charged that, the GP itself did not live up to the expectations of myself, so am really expecting the GP to be axed in 2018 in Stockholm for somewhere more economical, travel to the stadium is more than easy, Solna station is just five minutes walk away, and the shopping centre next door is more than inviting, plenty of shops and bars, but the prices are again quite severe.

Well done Matty Zagar, but thought Chris Holder was a little bit harshly done by, the incident with Kildemand happened right in front of me, thought it was a little bit even to be honest, not seen the video yet, will watch it Monday, but as for the title, its now Doyle's to lose, but that said Woffy is now out of the title run in.

Bumped into Kelvin and Nigel in Stockholm airport on Sunday morning, around 8am, I think you will have to go some to find anyone better at presenting their views, Kelvin even had a little part to play in the programme notes on each rider, do rate him to be honest, if you have anyone in mind who can do a better job than him I would love to know who that is.

Edited by STEPHEN 333
  • Like 4

Bumped into Kelvin and Nigel in Stockholm airport on Sunday morning, around 8am, I think you will have to go some to find anyone better at presenting their views, Kelvin even had a little part to play in the programme notes on each rider, do rate him to be honest, if you have anyone in mind who can do a better job than him I would love to know who that is.

I could give it a go, no problem!

• Like 1

I could give it a go, no problem!

Yeah f-s-p and Dave Goddard could perhaps be the new commentary dream team. :)

Yeah f-s-p and Dave Goddard could perhaps be the new commentary dream team. :)

U give a weeks time and I could fool you with my pronounciation + I've been listening to Nigel and Kelvin since 2002 so I know enough terms and phrases. I've done it (commentator on tv) in Finnish so why wouldnt I try it in English! :lol:
  • Like 1

U give a weeks time and I could fool you with my pronounciation + I've been listening to Nigel and Kelvin since 2002 so I know enough terms and phrases. I've done it (commentator on tv) in Finnish so why wouldnt I try it in English! :lol:

Bring it on I say!

There is no way you would learn how to operate a dirtometer in just a week. Other than that I'm all in favour, I'm guessing your pronunciation would be a little bit Jan Molby, I could live with that.

Yep, as Ghostie says, bring it on!