British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Rye House Vs Poole 28/8/17 7.30pm.

Its called moral boosting.

Wasn't thinking in my last reply on this.Surely a morale boost would be making your riders believe they are better than the opposition,not inferior to which Shovlar implies.

• Like 1

If Swindon finish top I doubt they would pick Rye House in the semis.

We will just have to wait and see but Rye could take a very healthy lead to Blunsdon for the second leg.

I think Swindon would chose Belle Vue.

in fairness thou I doubt we fear rye house I think we should pick bv over Rye or Poole

in fairness thou I doubt we fear rye house I think we should pick bv over Rye or Poole

Why do you think that ?

But what if Rye House play it smart? They could play the keep it close game and let Swindon get within a few points of them, in the knowledge they could turn it on much more when required?

Rather be on the cautious side than end up like several of Swindon fans currently are, by being arrogant and over confident. They seem to think they are invincible. Remember pride comes before a fall.

Rye House play it smart :blink: ... we've turned them over at every opportunity this season.

Oh the irony... over the last few years you've been bigging up your team being arrogant....

The only team i fear over 2 legs is those pesky Wolves.

• Like 2

Prepared for disagreements herte but as it seems to me Swindon fans have a rigjt to be optimistic because the whole team are pulling together even when Doyle is a little off colour they knock the points up

• Like 1

Why do you think that ?

Just think the match up v Belle Vue is a good one for us .I still feel Poole can hurt us if they click .When it comes to the crunch I don't think the management will pick Belle vue thou .
  • Like 1

Lahti possibly 7 rides is the difference for me.

Three points from 5 rides at Belle Vue... Best of luck

Edited by Shads

Three points from 5 rides at Belle Vue... Best of luck

Lahti has improved a fair bit in the last couple of meetings so i think being at reserve is a bonus but it is his first time at Rye so that is a minus.

As I have already said Swindon will decide once they know how our meeting at Rye goes on Sep 1st.

Swindon have plenty of time to choose i doubt they will thinking about it yet as it isnt yet clear who will be in the play offs. If they were deciding now i guess they would pick B Vue.
  • Like 1

Unlike you Gav I don't have time nor inclination to go back and look at every post. Even though I no longer have a family that prioritises my time, I do have a life!!

No i understand that maybe you dont.

I only went back to prove my point that it wasnt me that brought up Swindon on this thread it was Shovlar.

If im accused of something then i like to prove my innocence thanks

Nah, he cannot be parted from his laptop to have a little dig. Thats the extent of his life, sadly..

Its called moral boosting.

I quite enjoy my life thanks, wife and kids, decent amount of income, travelling over the country to watch my youngest daughter becoming British Champion in her sport and my eldest doing her amateur dramatics. You see thats whats life is about. I guess i could have a 1 bed flat , live on my own with ready meals every night and then freeload my way in to a speedway meeting and sell a few magazines and think that i have an ounce of intelligence.............I wouldnt swap my life pal.

Oh whats the 'moral' boost you going on about??? The word your looking for is 'morale' lol

Of course,all the riders read what Shovlar writes don't they.

Of course they do they love a troll like the rest of us.....................im sure they read Starman just for the comedy

Rye House play it smart :blink: ... we've turned them over at every opportunity this season.

Oh the irony... over the last few years you've been bigging up your team being arrogant....

The only team i fear over 2 legs is those pesky Wolves.

It is funny what Shovlar comes out with. At the start of every season Poole are favourites and we were all told how wonderful KK would be and Klindt would smash it up......gone so wrong that now they see 4th as a success...........not sure what went wrong at Poole this season , morale must be low i guess..need a good manager like Rosco to fire them back up

• Like 1

I think Rye are in the ascendancy while the Aces are going through a slippery patch.

I feel that Swindon will pick Belle Vue and let Rye go to Wolverhampton with a team that can ride Monmore. Probably still fancy the Wolves over two legs but it could be close. Whoever wins that one earns the right to be 2017 runners up to the Robins.

Swindon have plenty of time to choose i doubt they will thinking about it yet as it isnt yet clear who will be in the play offs. If they were deciding now i guess they would pick B Vue.

But if Poole should get into the playoffs they would probably be the best choice for us, a local derby and an easy win.

Shouldn't write off anyone in the play-offs. I remember a few years ago Poole just scraped into 4th, 20+ points behind the top team and they only went on to win the whole thing! Make no mistake - any team in the play-offs have a chance of winning it!

I don't believe anyone is complacent or overconfident but Swindon currently strong, Wolves waiting on the returning Masters, BV have no home advantage, Rye House are the team to be wary of since they signed KK and Poole still have a chance of making the top 4 if RH results don't go as they expect.

Edited by Steve0

Shouldn't write off anyone in the play-offs. I remember a few years ago Poole just scraped into 4th, 20+ points behind the top team and they only went on to win the whole thing! Make no mistake - any team in the play-offs have a chance of winning it!

I don't believe anyone is complacent or overconfident but Swindon currently strong, Wolves waiting on the returning Masters, BV have no home advantage, Rye House are the team to be wary of since they signed KK and Poole still have a chance of making the top 4 if RH results don't go as they expect.

Its all about momentum and making the right changes at the right time.

I think that the year Poole came 4th, Peterborough were also on a magnificent run after making changes like Poole did. Peterborough were bottom.

Quite clear that whoever got 4th that season, Poole or Peterborough would be champs.

The only team likely to go on that run is Rye House.

Poole if they get they get 4th have no chance.

Swindon have won so many on the trot even against teams that have made those changes already..will take a great effort for any side to beat them over 2 legs

I think it will all be very much clearer for most teams after all the Monday meetings.

At the moment I'm just pleased Poole are holding 4th place with a 4 point gap - albeit with some others having a meeting in hand.

• Like 1

I think it will all be very much clearer for most teams after all the Monday meetings.

At the moment I'm just pleased Poole are holding 4th place with a 4 point gap - albeit with some others having a meeting in hand.

I think Poole will hold on to 4th