British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Lasse Bjerre. Refusal To Ride.

Yes, he did have a fall and a retirement but finished with a second, maybe he's caught this 24hr injury bug that seems to be going the rounds (last seen at KL)?

Batcheloritis.

• Like 1

Flagrag has answered this so was obviously unable to borrow a bike (given he lent one to his brother for today) so it's a bit difficult to ride speedway without one!

He borrowed the right one judging by Play Off Kenny's performance so far today.

Edited by Wolfsbane

Lasse had no equipment to ride in the second meeting as he had bent his bikes in his crashes, Anybody at the track would have noticed in heat 15 he came out on Erik Riss bike. It has to be remembered as well that he is still carrying a knee injury from his previous Swindon crash and has strapping on this plus two more crashes today.

Erik Riss was asked to guest but couldn't do it as he has a flight booked and had to get up to Wolverhampton to meet up with Mark.

Josh Bates has picked up a jarred Neck from his crash hence him not being put in heat 14.

So did he have a medical certificate?

If he accepted a guest booking for the second meeting in a double header he should have prepared for the possibility of damaged bikes.

Riders are meant to be professionals which means having the equipment to fulfil their commitments. That might sound harsh but paying fans are the ones suffering.

• Like 5

If he accepted a guest booking for the second meeting in a double header he should have prepared for the possibility of damaged bikes.

Riders are meant to be professionals which means having the equipment to fulfil their commitments. That might sound harsh but paying fans are the ones suffering.

Well said👏👏

How?Do you expect him to have 4 bikes there.Teams would never get guests in double headers if they had to bring 4 bikes,i don't know whether you know how many he has here.

• Like 3

No more bloody double headers or two meetings on a day BSPA, disaster ......... AGAIN :(

• Like 4

How?Do you expect him to have 4 bikes there.Teams would never get guests in double headers if they had to bring 4 bikes,i don't know whether you know how many he has here.

Well he allegedly lent one of his bikes to his brother, so it's not as if he didn't have the equipment.

Fans should be able to rely on riders honouring their commitments. You wouldn't be happy if a copper turned up to arrest someone then said sorry I can't I lent my handcuffs to my brother.

• Like 2

Well he allegedly lent one of his bikes to his brother, so it's not as if he didn't have the equipment.

Fans should be able to rely on riders honouring their commitments. You wouldn't be happy if a copper turned up to arrest someone then said sorry I can't I lent my handcuffs to my brother.

Do they carry more than one set of handcuffs :P.

But genuinely if they expect riders turn up with 3 or more bikes if they are guesting in a double header,then they won't get any guests at all.The only answer is no more double headers.

• Like 1

I don't disagree about double headers, never liked them.

If speedway were an amateur sport my views would be different but it's not it is supposedly professional. In Which case all concerned must act professionally. Holder didn't in that notorious meeting, faced disciplinary action and was banned and fined. Bjerre should face the same, if the panel then find extenuating circumstances covered by evidence he may well face lesser or no action. I have no problem with that.

Belle Vue had a back up for tonight. Professional approach. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.

• Like 1