British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Havvy's Golden Glory

Do you think that all facts should be considered when seeking to substantiate your own personal feelings by NOT responding to a simple and perfectly justified question asked by another forum member?

Or do you feel that you, - as an individual - are qualified to issue statements with having to respond? Of course, you have a marked tendency to pick and choose what criteria you use - or ignore - when you feel fit, and I am sure I m not the only one who has noticed the hypocrisy in much of what you write.

For instance, you freely admit that that you are still interested in the "history" of the sport, although I am not sure of the historical period of which you speak. Very recently, you stated on this forum that post-70's speedway was "meaningless" to you. If that is the case, how are you such an expert on Gary Havelock and Tai Woffinden?

Likewise, if post-70's speedway was "meaningless:, why did you take it upon yourself to change the guidelines of a Facebook speedway speedway group? The owner of the group clearly stated that the timeline to be considered was pre-1990, yet you you started posting post-1990 items, and "justified" that by issuing statements that the group had been founded a couple of years previously, and should therefore now be including items up to 1992! Then again, you posted a photo to the group of an adult Jason Crump, believing it to be from the 1980's...

All very interesting when these items are from a time period which for you, was "meaningless"... It just makes it worse when you feel that you are above answering a straightforward question from waihekeaces1.

%

Steve

I thought it was a valid enough post from Gus fix. I nearly posted about Freddie Williams myself until I spotted the original post mentioned single time winners.

Edited by grachan

Do you think that all facts should be considered when seeking to substantiate your own personal feelings by NOT responding to a simple and perfectly justified question asked by another forum member?

Or do you feel that you, - as an individual - are qualified to issue statements with having to respond? Of course, you have a marked tendency to pick and choose what criteria you use - or ignore - when you feel fit, and I am sure I m not the only one who has noticed the hypocrisy in much of what you write.

For instance, you freely admit that that you are still interested in the "history" of the sport, although I am not sure of the historical period of which you speak. Very recently, you stated on this forum that post-70's speedway was "meaningless" to you. If that is the case, how are you such an expert on Gary Havelock and Tai Woffinden?

Likewise, if post-70's speedway was "meaningless:, why did you take it upon yourself to change the guidelines of a Facebook speedway speedway group? The owner of the group clearly stated that the timeline to be considered was pre-1990, yet you you started posting post-1990 items, and "justified" that by issuing statements that the group had been founded a couple of years previously, and should therefore now be including items up to 1992! Then again, you posted a photo to the group of an adult Jason Crump, believing it to be from the 1980's...

All very interesting when these items are from a time period which for you, was "meaningless"... It just makes it worse when you feel that you are above answering a straightforward question from waihekeaces1.

Steve

Chunky you sound on edge chill out,it is

just a thread it is not life or death.!!!!

431629_351387458218903_1390648500_n.jpg?

​That's Gary Havelock (centre). Can any forum member name the other riders and prove match details please?

Edited by Guest

431629_351387458218903_1390648500_n.jpg?
​That's Gary Havelock (centre). Can any forum member name the other riders and prove match details please?

Tatum, Dugard, Screen and Louis...I'm guessing that Denmark won!

Nope. This was the post Eric and Jan o era and they finished runners up

England came 4th though!

Chunky you sound on edge chill out,it is

just a thread it is not life or death.!!!!

It's just symptomatic of the poster in question that he riles even mild mannered posters like Chunky and Dave Allen etc. the bloke is a troll but I'm sure someone will arrive on their white steed shortly to his defence...
  • Like 2

England came 4th though!

It's just symptomatic of the poster in question that he riles even mild mannered posters like Chunky and Dave Allen etc. the bloke is a troll but I'm sure someone will arrive on their white steed shortly to his defence...

Everyone has a good side look for the positive's eaces 1"
  • Like 1

Everyone has a good side look for the positive's eaces 1"

Agree. He posted an article from the 50s recently which was an interesting piece. It's a shame someone with so much historical knowledge chooses to troll with 80% of his posts rather than sharing memories and views on the greats he saw live.
  • Like 1

England came 4th though!

...I guess that the Yanks won then?

Agree. He posted an article from the 50s recently which was an interesting piece. It's a shame someone with so much historical knowledge chooses to troll with 80% of his posts rather than sharing memories and views on the greats he saw live.

That really is so true. I've actually had a couple of private conversations (via this forum and on FB) with him, and said that he has so much to offer, but that a lot of the stuff he comes up with does him no favours.

Sidney: I am not on edge at all - I just wanted him to answer the bloody question! I have no idea why he is so evasive. I know I can be long-winded at times, but it is because I like to use logic and reason to substantiate my point of view. I loved that recent thread you started about Carter, Simmons, Morton, Louis, and Wilson, and I loved the way there were a bunch of people producing achievements and stats to substantiate their own personal view. He can't - or WON'T do that...

Steve

• Like 3

That really is so true. I've actually had a couple of private conversations (via this forum and on FB) with him, and said that he has so much to offer, but that a lot of the stuff he comes up with does him no favours.

Sidney: I am not on edge at all - I just wanted him to answer the bloody question! I have no idea why he is so evasive. I know I can be long-winded at times, but it is because I like to use logic and reason to substantiate my point of view. I loved that recent thread you started about Carter, Simmons, Morton, Louis, and Wilson, and I loved the way there were a bunch of people producing achievements and stats to substantiate their own personal view. He can't - or WON'T do that...

Steve

Point taken Steve and i totally understand your point of view, you are one of quite a FEW on here that i really enjoy reading there input you can learn a bit and the threads are very enjoyable hope i did not offend with my comment.😀 Edited by Sidney the robin

Hmmm... I never knew Gary Havelock rode for England!

Personally, I think we should get this thread pinned so everyone can post their favourite photos of Havvy on here... :t:

Steve

• Like 1

Where was Loram......injured?

Where was Loram......injured?

Not sure about that, but he didn't have a particularly good year; an average of under 8 for King's Lynn, and he didn't reach the British Final. Maybe there was an injury involved, but someone else will have to shed more light on this...

Steve

Edited by chunky