British Speedway Forum
archie21

Racing On Set Nights

I have just seen the result of the Kent v Belle Vue meeting " abandoned after heat 13 ( curfew )" I take this as a planning restriction been placed by the local council ?

The only way they could get planning permission was to accept a very early curfew which is why their meetings start at 6.30 pm.

I have just seen the result of the Kent v Belle Vue meeting " abandoned after heat 13 ( curfew )" I take this as a planning restriction been placed by the local council ?

This may be what you were told but I know the person who did all the shouting to all the East Hull councillors and was very proud of getting the air horns banned !!

Sadly, I can easily believe that....

That would be fine as long as they were brought up to Championship strength. I would not like to think of a Team coming in to the Championship too weak to survive and then closed down.

The Promoters Association would need to help them - possibly financially - how would they feel about that?

There are no Nl teams who can survive in the championship , but that wont stop Rising campaigning on Doyle and Holders behalf , for me it comes to a straight choice . Tell the carpet baggers to get stuffed and bog off to Poland and leave us to sort the mess that their blackmailing and greed has got speedway into , or disrupt everything to suit them and watch more people desert the sport , It really is that simple . most of these tracks where their are suggestions of change of raceday are so hogtied they can't even complete a proper second half , but some of these muppets and their sycofantic entourage think it's a walk in the park to get permission to change nights and then keep the support that has shaped it's life round a particular night . speedway needs a radical rethink there is no doubt about that , but it needs rethinking for the benefit of the sport and it's supporters not to suit half a dozen foreign riders

• Like 2

There are no Nl teams who can survive in the championship , but that wont stop Rising campaigning on Doyle and Holders behalf , for me it comes to a straight choice . Tell the carpet baggers to get stuffed and bog off to Poland and leave us to sort the mess that their blackmailing and greed has got speedway into , or disrupt everything to suit them and watch more people desert the sport , It really is that simple . most of these tracks where their are suggestions of change of raceday are so hogtied they can't even complete a proper second half , but some of these muppets and their sycofantic entourage think it's a walk in the park to get permission to change nights and then keep the support that has shaped it's life round a particular night . speedway needs a radical rethink there is no doubt about that , but it needs rethinking for the benefit of the sport and it's supporters not to suit half a dozen foreign riders

100% agree.

100% agree.

ONCE again, quite deliberately I would imagine, you distort what I have said. I am not campaigning for anyone on the subject of set race nights. It has been proposed by certain members of the BSPA including the vice-chairman as a means of allowing riders to double up riding for both PL and CL tracks without causing the fixture chaos that is now prevalent.

Would I like to see Doyle and Holder racing in the UK next year? Yes, along with any rider currently not employed here whether they be Australian or any other nationality including German.

ONCE again, quite deliberately I would imagine, you distort what I have said. I am not campaigning for anyone on the subject of set race nights. It has been proposed by certain members of the BSPA including the vice-chairman as a means of allowing riders to double up riding for both PL and CL tracks without causing the fixture chaos that is now prevalent.

Would I like to see Doyle and Holder racing in the UK next year? Yes, along with any rider currently not employed here whether they be Australian or any other nationality including German.

Im not getting involved with you and Speedibee personal spats,but I do agree with him on the rest of his post,riders are killing the sport with their demands which we can't afford as it is ruining the sport in UK.they need to make up their minds where they want to earn their living.

Im not getting involved with you and Speedibee personal spats,but I do agree with him on the rest of his post,riders are killing the sport with their demands which we can't afford as it is ruining the sport in UK.they need to make up their minds where they want to earn their living.

What rider demands are killing the sport? As far as I am aware, promoters dreamt up the Elite League Draft as a way of cutting costs. This was the first major extension of doubling-up, allow up to four riders per team to race in both leagues. Then this season the rules were relaxed further with no limit on the number of riders a Premiership team could have riding in both leagues.

I am not aware that either of these changes were due to major pressure from riders - they were simply cost cutting ideas from promoters. The fact that riders have exploited these rule changes to allow them to make a living from British speedway is hardly the riders fault.

What rider demands are killing the sport? As far as I am aware, promoters dreamt up the Elite League Draft as a way of cutting costs. This was the first major extension of doubling-up, allow up to four riders per team to race in both leagues. Then this season the rules were relaxed further with no limit on the number of riders a Premiership team could have riding in both leagues.

I am not aware that either of these changes were due to major pressure from riders - they were simply cost cutting ideas from promoters. The fact that riders have exploited these rule changes to allow them to make a living from British speedway is hardly the riders fault.

We need to change the rules then.

SPOT on ...

The demands where they say i want £500 a point and only want to race on Mondays or i'll just go and ride in Poland ,, wake up

waffle about unrelated tripe , still you got approval from the German hater ,

Edited by speedibee

We need to change the rules then

HOW would that work. The simple fact is that riders like Chris Harris, Danny King, etc need as many fixtures as possible to make ends meet and as undesirable as riders doubling up may be, and personally I don't like it, like guests its has been allowed to evolve into a necessary evil.

Costs for riders are not going down. Engines, maintenance, fuel, vans, insurance, all apart from their own day-to-day living expenses, eat away at their income which is hardly on the scale of most professional sportsmen, most of whom do not have to fund their own equipment.

It has become a vicious circle but at least if the PL races on two nights and the CL on the other five most if not all of the situations where two tracks want use of the same rider on the same night will be eradicated.

If, as a by-product, some foreign riders, not necessarily from the top echelon, are available and at a cost a British track believes fits into its budget, then so much the better.

Edited by PHILIPRISING
  • Like 4

I understand that Lakeside have announced their intention to move back up.

I understand that Lakeside have announced their intention to move back up.

THINK it is more of an aspiration than intention right now. Few things still have to fall into place regarding the land on which the stadium is sited. But, hopefully, that will be the case. Still rumours that Ipswich and Sheffield will follow suit.

The demands where they say i want £500 a point and only want to race on Mondays or i'll just go and ride in Poland ,, wake up

And what do you put the last 10 years' of decline down to?

HOW would that work. The simple fact is that riders like Chris Harris, Danny King, etc need as many fixtures as possible to make ends meet and as undesirable as riders doubling up may be, and personally I don't like it, like guests its has been allowed to evolve into a necessary evil.

Costs for riders are not going down. Engines, maintenance, fuel, vans, insurance, all apart from their own day-to-day living expenses, eat away at their income which is hardly on the scale of most professional sportsmen, most of whom do not have to fund their own equipment.

It has become a vicious circle but at least if the PL races on two nights and the CL on the other five most if not all of the situations where two tracks want use of the same rider on the same night will be eradicated.

If, as a by-product, some foreign riders, not necessarily from the top echelon, are available and at a cost a British track believes fits into its budget, then so much the better.

Simple fact is there will be no fans to pay riders enough to make ends meet in current situation.Bspa will do anything to keep Top flight and sod the rest.
  • Like 1