British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Swindon Semi Final 1st Leg 11/9/17

I just caught up with this on the TV box. What an awful meeting it was. Poole were dreadful. The track was awful. The referee was awful. Heat 8 was it's only redeeming feature.

I'm not sure whether you are being sarcastic or not?
  • Like 2

I just caught up with this on the TV box. What an awful meeting it was. Poole were dreadful. The track was awful. The referee was awful. Heat 8 was it's only redeeming feature.

I was catching up with the meetings I had missed on YouTube. Having watched the Gorzow v Wroclaw play off second leg this meeting can only be described as dross

If he isn't a speedway fan how did he know who was talking too?!

Either way it depends who's story you believe.

Certainly not yours

BWDRacing.com.

Bradley said after the Worky metting 'THE WRIST FELT GOOD AND ALTHOUGH IT'S NOT 100% I'M HAPPY WITH HOW MY NIGHT WENT'

So there you have it.

BWDRacing.com.

Bradley said after the Worky metting 'THE WRIST FELT GOOD AND ALTHOUGH IT'S NOT 100% I'M HAPPY WITH HOW MY NIGHT WENT'

So there you have it.

I wondered what happened to the West Midlands Serious Crime Squad...

Certainly not yours

Nobody's can be believed 100%.

I certainly wouldn't trust the words of a non speedway fan.

Jackanory tales continue. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

FF's post is more believable than yours! Maybe pit gate man asked his name when he got to the pit gate!!!

Brum, you don't half spout some rubbish. You and Fred should get together and compare notes.

He's a retired copper who used to patrol at our meetings hope that helps.

Edited by Starman2006

I really do hope the second leg proves a decisive winner one way or the other (prefer Poole but lets just get it over with).

After that we can then have this topic consigned as quickly as possible to the BSF bin and move on one way or another as the KN/BWD has for me gone past it sell by date.

Ultimately Poole got 8 points back in those 2 last races that cosmetically made the result look more closer than it was in reality. Maybe that levels out a bit the contentious subject of the replacement. If Swindon had tried hard enough in those 2 races and if BWD had ridden then maybe the end result would have balanced out to where it ended anyway.

The second leg will hopefully put to bed once and for all who is the better team over the 2 legs and put to bed all the conspiracy theories. If its Swindon fair play to them as they have been the better team this season and fair play to Roscoe for turning what was supposed to be a bottom of the pile team into potential Prem winners (and maybe double winners with KOC), with some shrewed signings.

Nobody's can be believed 100%.

I certainly wouldn't trust the words of a non speedway fan.

I would as I know the gentlemen. Rosco always says wish he had him at Swindon as he is so reliable.

FF's post is more believable than yours! Maybe pit gate man asked his name when he got to the pit gate!!!

each to their own I guess.

Completely irrelevant.

We have a retired copper at my club who hasn't a clue about my sport so it doesn't help in the slightest.

• Like 1

I can just imagine BWD driving up to the gate saying to his mechanic, I'm fed up with all the BS on social media because I'm not riding, this duffer on the gate won't have a clue, I'm going to pretend I thought I was still riding and see how he reacts just for a giggle, can you imagine that getting back to Muddlo & Fraud and all the keyboard warriors, it'll be meltdown :rofl:

Probably not what happened at all, but made me smile imagining a fed up young rider feeling the need to cheer himself up at the rest of the world's stupidity :drink:

• Like 4

Blimey,things were that rough that you needed a copper to patrol at meetings.Obviously there must have been a couple of dodgy people that attended Poole speedway.

I can just imagine BWD driving up to the gate saying to his mechanic, I'm fed up with all the BS on social media because I'm not riding, this duffer on the gate won't have a clue, I'm going to pretend I thought I was still riding and see how he reacts just for a giggle, can you imagine that getting back to Muddlo & Fraud and all the keyboard warriors, it'll be meltdown :rofl:

Probably not what happened at all, but made me smile imagining a fed up young rider feeling the need to cheer himself up at the rest of the world's stupidity :drink:

At the end of the day it depends on whether you believe Middlo or not. Having spoken to him on multiple occasions I can honestly say that I think he is a very genuine and decent man. I believe what he says.