British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Swindon Semi Final 1st Leg 11/9/17

Probably Swindon over two legs , but the Pirates could well cause a surprise

never get over confident when riding a poole team .But on paper obvious swindon will be favourites poole got one of the best captains in the premiership looking forward to it

Im far from over confident but I think we will go through. Im not gonna be like these Poole fans who think every win is against the odds and say we are underdogs all the time as its not true in this case.

Where is Brandon Bob? Thought we would have had his thoughts by now about how Swindon are lucky and they will beat us easy. Bob?!

Edited by thecoombdog

If it means winning the tie he'll do it. Hes batting for Swindon.

Seem to remember a lot of Poole fans a few days ago hoping Starke comes down with something allowing Newman in for him.

Poole will be favorites to win at home just depends how much of a lead they can get.

Poole again meeting a team at the right time........no Zach, BWD not fit and Bellego out of form

• Like 1

This who semi final depends on two riders for Poole. Starke and Shanes. Shanes should have Davey for fun and if he matches his scores of 4/5 in last few meetings could keep us in it at Swindon.

Starke will be practicing and hopefully some rest does him the world of good and if he gets back to his 7/8 points at reserve could be the balance of the matches.

We have always done well in the playoffs due to our reserves so we need them to stand up once again if we are to win.

I've seen both Poole and Swindon at Somerset in recent weeks and Swindon are the better side. However, the fight and desire Poole showed with their backs against the wall at the OTA means in my opinion this will be a very tight two legged affair.

Robins to win over the two legs but my fear is the likes of Doyle and Morris are always likely to do something bizarre like get excluded at a crucial time, which will keep the scores much closer.

Got a feeling it will be a last heat decider at Blunsdon.

• Like 1

I've seen both Poole and Swindon at Somerset in recent weeks and Swindon are the better side. However, the fight and desire Poole showed with their backs against the wall at the OTA means in my opinion this will be a very tight two legged affair.

Robins to win over the two legs but my fear is the likes of Doyle and Morris are always likely to do something bizarre like get excluded at a crucial time, which will keep the scores much closer.

Got a feeling it will be a last heat decider at Blunsdon.

One prediction for you ER. Spurs to smash Everton on Saturday!!

• Like 1

I hope you are wrong mate. I shall be there though rooting for the blues! ;)

I hope you are wrong mate. I shall be there though rooting for the blues! ;)

Long way for a beating!!! At least Wimborne Road only down the road if we get smashed on Monday!

Im far from over confident but I think we will go through. Im not gonna be like these Poole fans who think every win is against the odds and say we are underdogs all the time as its not true in this case.

Where is Brandon Bob? Thought we would have had his thoughts by now about how Swindon are lucky and they will beat us easy. Bob?!

He seems to have disappeared. That's a shame. Old Bob usually has plenty to say about Poole and Swindon despite his Coventry roots!

As a Saints fan I only hope you're right.

He seems to have disappeared. That's a shame. Old Bob usually has plenty to say about Poole and Swindon despite his Coventry roots!

That's Swindon, Poole and now Coventry he has supported!!

Seem to remember a lot of Poole fans a few days ago hoping Starke comes down with something allowing Newman in for him.

Poole will be favorites to win at home just depends how much of a lead they can get.

Poole again meeting a team at the right time........no Zach, BWD not fit and Bellego out of form

Why are we favourites to win at home? We haven't done it this season yet.

Poole 44-45 swindon

Two riders will have an e/f in heat 9

Which two? Will go 45 all at Poole, and 48-41 to the rip roaring rockin n rollin rampant randy red Robins at the Shabbey.

A right ole west country tear up.

• Like 1

Easy win for Swindon

• Like 2