British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Swindon Semi Final 1st Leg 11/9/17

Everyone knows Kyle strengthens Swindon, I don't know why anyone would think differently, his current average isn't a reflection of his ability after a very poor start after coming back from injury. BWD may in the future prove to be a better rider than Kyle but not at the moment and I fully expect Newman to outscore Starke given there comparable scoring of late.

Having 45 years knowledge about the sport of speedway.

Damn ive only been going for 37 years means you must know more than me. Oh no hang on you were wrong about the Somerset meeting lol

So again.

Please tell me on form this season and visits to Wimborne Road this season, how on those figures Kyle is making Swindon stronger??

Kyle could easily go out there and get 10 points tonight............but you also said BWD would beat Starke so you need to learn to remember what you have wrote and not contradict yourself...is it an age thing?

Yes.

If It was me then I would accept the guest booking and then I would.

Deliberately break the tapes in Heat 2.

Then in my next Heat I would pull up after 3 laps if I was in a scoring position and say that I saw a red light.

Then I wouldn't bother turning the fuel on in the Heat after that.

Then in my final Heat I would deliberately slide off my bike if I was in a scoring position.

Your making your self look silly fella.Chill ya beans.

Damn ive only been going for 37 years means you must know more than me. Oh no hang on you were wrong about the Somerset meeting lol

So again.

Please tell me on form this season and visits to Wimborne Road this season, how on those figures Kyle is making Swindon stronger??

Kyle could easily go out there and get 10 points tonight............but you also said BWD would beat Starke so you need to learn to remember what you have wrote and not contradict yourself...is it an age thing?

A goldfish knows more than you.

Not sure that really makes a difference as the sport has evolved over the years.

I saw Kyle Newman race at the Abbey two weeks ago & thought he'd clean up for both Leicester & Somerset. He didn't, he seemed down on power & confidence so to say it makes Swindon stronger before a wheel has been turned seems odd to me. I understand why you think this but he's not had a great season in any league, it's only because he was a Poole rider which has got the forum going crazy. BWD outscored Newman when we've visited Poole this season at number 3 & had he rode at reserve I would imagine he'd score lots of points. The fact he rode yesterday is irrelevant. We're told his injury flared up & the rider himself has said as much. Would a self employed rider really miss the opportunity of cleaning up at reserve tonight, I'm not so sure. Am I condoning it, no, am I saying it's acceptable, no. Just trying to give a balanced view.

Having 45 years knowledge about the sport of speedway.

• Like 1

Everyone knows Kyle strengthens Swindon, I don't know why anyone would think differently, his current average isn't a reflection of his ability after a very poor start after coming back from injury. BWD may in the future prove to be a better rider than Kyle but not at the moment and I fully expect Newman to outscore Starke given there comparable scoring of late.

If a rider on a lower average replaces a rider on a higher average then that weakens a side.

If a rider who only scored 5 at the track last time from reserve replaces a rider who scored more in the 1-5 then that weakens a side.

Facts and figures dont always stand up but based on those its very difficult to say that Kyle would score better.

You know like last season when Poole replaced Hans with a top GP star. On paper it hugely strengthened Poole but it backfired.

I would expect Newman to outscore Starke to.................but lord and master Shovlar also expected BWD to outscore him as well

Your making your self look silly fella.Chill ya beans.

Just giving my honest opinion.

I wouldn't turn my back on something or someone who has been there supporting me throughout my career all for the sake of a few hundred quid.

Its like Ronaldo joining Barca from Real Madrid and then scoring a hat-trick for them at the Bernabeu.

Not on.

Nope. In fact I would give him away as a full asset for a fiver if he scores points tonight.

Would rather sign a NL wobbler who cant turn a bike rather than a Judas selfish back stabber.

But Poole sacked him :rofl:

• Like 1

What a bizarre analagy, speedway riders are self employed. Can ride for who they want, when they want as it's been proven many times in the past.

Didn't Poole turn there back on Newman, you can't have it both ways.

Just giving my honest opinion.

I wouldn't turn my back on something or someone who has been there supporting me throughout my career all for the sake of a few hundred quid.

Its like Ronaldo joining Barca from Real Madrid and then scoring a hat-trick for them at the Bernabeu.

Not on.

Edited by hyabb17

But Poole sacked him :rofl:

I know but he has always been a Poole rider though. Years and years.

John Terry joined Villa because he didn't want to play against Chelsea. Newman should've put the phone down to Rosco and said no thank you.

Not sure which is less interesting. A detailed discussion on how various areas of Bournemouth are named or a playground squabble about a reserve replacement.

Newman is better than a half fit BWD and worse than a fully fit BWD. In my most humble of opinions.

Also if people do feel Swindon are trying to pull a fast one (which they clearly aren't, then the fact that Poole pull fast ones too sometimes hardly justifies it.

Easy solution to all this is not to make guests so easy to use.

• Like 2

Aimed at Steve0. He knows why.

Oh I got it - don't worry. Boot on the other foot :wink: Hope this doesn't spectacularly backfire like Poole's did.

What a bizarre analagy, speedway riders are self employed. Can ride for who they want, when they want as it's been proven many times in the past.

Didn't Poole turn there back on Newman, you can't have it both ways.

One off sacking. Don't forget he has been a Poole rider for years. Surely that has to mean something.

MF and Middlo better not sign him for 2018 if he has a good one tonight.

Would rather we sign a NL fatty who cant turn a bike.

I couldn't support a man who in the biggest meeting of the season rode against us for a few hundred quid.

Letting yourself down again...."A NL fatty"..Show these guys a little respect fella :nono:

Edited by Bald Bloke

One off sacking. Don't forget he has been a Poole rider for years. Surely that has to mean something.

If he gets the offer to ride for another team, yes.

Edited by A ORLOV