British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Swindon Semi Final 1st Leg 11/9/17

Only BWD knows the truth, but from Facebook;

nothing more than a paperwork issue and once it was shown that everything was in order the matter was resolved. As for Brad, he was on route anyway to be there as a team member and cheer on the lads, just happened to have his bikes and mechanic as they stayed over somewhere on route home Sunday.

Pretty much bang on Neil I stopped at my mechanics place Sunday after Peterborough and still had everything in my van from the day before, I was heading to Poole anyway to support the team ✌ people let their imaginations get away on them too much.

On a +ve, despite all the forum BS, we saw a competitive, keenly contested meeting with no bad crashes and some decent racing.

Yes the track was bumpy, but give the track staff some credit, the weather was unpredictable and I believe they weren't able to get on it early (PS, I am not a Poole fan).

Let's hope next week's semi is as good and the second legs too

Seems a good explanation to me.

That seems to answer the question anyway.

He has multi aliases and posts garbage as many many Poole fans on here have told him or her.

I expect that Poole Pirates Fanatic will disappear and come back under a new name very soon

Kyle Newman should'nt have guested for Swindon full stop. If Doyle was out injured and Rosco asked C. Holder to guest would he? NO he would'nt

Kyle fist pumped in front of the Swindon fans which was disrespectful to the Poole fans who have stuck by him for years.

Now did Kyle guesting make an impact on the result - NO because BWD would've matched Newman's score.

Kyle should'nt be considered for 2018 and its not all about the guest booking.

It was clear to see that Starke (1 - 1) Would've been 2 - 1 if it wasn't for the EF when leading in Heat 2 & Shanes (2 - 1) both had the beating of Newman.

Newman isn't a true Pirate unlike Darcy, Chris, Davey & Bjarne who are Poole through and through. IMO there are certain things you just don't do and Newman shouldn't of guested but that's just my opinion.

Did I say Poole Pirates Fanatic would disappear and then come back under one of his other new names and aliases!!! What a sad sad person
  • Like 1

How many people do you get precisely. in the grandstand seating at Swindon?

None

• Like 1

Swindon charging £10 for the return leg, fair play to the promotion!!! £5 for 11-16 & under 11's free.

Edited by hyabb17

Following all the bull cr#p from a few Poole posters, Matt might want to take note that if he had done what Swindon are doing for the 2nd leg of the playoff in having entry at £10. Poole might have had a decent crowd if they had done the same.

So let me get this right. BWD is injured. Newman gets booked as cover. Fine. But BWD turns up to ride if the paperwork is not in order and Newman can't ride.

Hang on a minute. BWD is injured. So why has he turned up to ride? Or was he not injured really and Rosco has been caught out? BWD if injured can't ride so why turn up? Surely if there was an issue Rosco would have been on the phone to Auty or Robson?

Swindon banged to rights.

What a load of usual rubbish, Rosco has stated that he has a rider on standby for tonight in case BWD is unable to ride.

• Like 2

Following all the bull cr#p from a few Poole posters, Matt might want to take note that if he had done what Swindon are doing for the 2nd leg of the playoff in having entry at £10. Poole might have had a decent crowd if they had done the same.

Maybe Swindon are reacting to the fact the Poole meeting wasn't packed although it wasn't as bad as some like to make out.

They didn't have to do this so fair play to the club for the pricing structure.

Maybe Swindon are reacting to the fact the Poole meeting wasn't packed although it wasn't as bad as some like to make out.

• Like 1

Nah Rosco and the management are rewarding the fans, including any from Poole who turn up.

• Like 1

TV meeting's are encourage to be reduced admission, I think was in the terms of the deal but maybe wrong, £10 entry. Swindon charged £5 against KL as a experiment to see what crowd turned up. It worked as many fans who hadn't been for years or before came back the following few meetings.

The play off match is very good value & should encourage more through the door although a play off semi should be enough anyway.

Stupid idea

Swindon slashed the price when their excited fans guaranteed a big crowd which lost them £thousands and they are doing the same for the exciting play offs which will apparently be packed!

Stupid idea

Swindon slashed the price when their excited fans guaranteed a big crowd which lost them £thousands and they are doing the same for the exciting play offs which will apparently be packed!

Edit

Just read on another thread that it looks like swindon aren't going to make the same mistake for the kocup tonight, now that would have been just throwing money away given their excited fans.

Qualified accountant are you, and since when did you have access to the income that Swindon took.

• Like 4

Possibly Poole's last meeting before the Winter break, so why not stick to normal pricing?

I would have thought that Matt's budget figures for this year have taken a huge hit from attendances (due to having a 'weaker' team and some poor home performances) whilst Sponsorship/advertising revenue has stayed really strong and positive and looking really good for next season!!

...and from one that was there on Monday, and as I've said before, the crowd was not too bad at all - around 1000 in the grandstand plus I would estimate another 600-800 around the rest of the stadium.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

Qualified accountant are you, and since when did you have access to the income that Swindon took.

Obviously the price reduction will encourage some more fans but I would of expected a decent crowd anyway given it is the second leg of the play offs, I expect there will be plenty coming from Poole as it is likely the last chance to see their team. Personally I think it is a great gesture from Swindon to thank the fans for their support.

• Like 2

Seems a good explanation to me.

That seems to answer the question anyway.

Depends how gullible you are i guess! What about the bit where he told the person on the pit gate that 'he was riding' when he got to the stadium. Doesn't fit in to that statement, does it??!

Obviously the price reduction will encourage some more fans but I would of expected a decent crowd anyway given it is the second leg of the play offs, I expect there will be plenty coming from Poole as it is likely the last chance to see their team. Personally I think it is a great gesture from Swindon to thank the fans for their support.

I am sure if kks, with all his financial experience in delivering papers, contacted the management they would welcome its advice.

• Like 1