British Speedway Forum
Theboss

In My View By Phil Rising

Must be because he doesn't fiddle his expenses, unlike his opposition. Now that may be why speedway is in such a terrible state, too many promoters fiddling the expenses to run speedway, but keeping it for themselves instead of re-investing

Fiddling their own money? funny how lots of them have gone out of business. Talking of Labour....... .....http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/labour/10462871/Its-no-coincidence-the-MPs-found-guilty-of-fiddling-are-all-Labour.html

Nothing ruins a conversation more than politics, religion........................ or discussion of Poole Speedway ;-)

Edited by Rob McCaffery
  • Like 6

Nothing ruins a conversation more than politics, religion........................ or discussion of Poole Speedway ;-)

:shock::shock: Controversial or what? :shock::shock:

;):D

Must be because he doesn't fiddle his expenses, unlike his opposition. Now that may be why speedway is in such a terrible state, too many promoters fiddling the expenses to run speedway, but keeping it for themselves instead of re-investing

Very little has been invested in U.K. Speedway since 1928!

• Like 1

:shock::shock: Controversial or what? :shock::shock:

;):D

If you are going to highlight Poole Speedway at least use the right colour - Blue! :wink:

As for ruining discussions, any of McCaffrey's posts could be highlighted in Yellow as they p!$$ so many people off!! :D:D

U've hit the nail on the head, it's the crowds, the fans, that make the sport in Poland, the racing isn't always great but the fans love their clubs. The promotions do nothing special, they don't need to, the fans make the atmosphere. Just like the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s here.

It's impossible for fans overhere to feel the same when riders are racing for different clubs and guesting for the opposition. Thing is the promoter's have not grasped that and we find ourselves in a situation where we're possibly stuck with doubling up guests and other crack pot rules because they the promoter's cannot afford to do anything else and we have a rider shortage due to cut backs and lack of track time years ago. The cycle needs breaking otherwise the sport will dye.
  • Like 6

It's impossible for fans overhere to feel the same when riders are racing for different clubs and guesting for the opposition. Thing is the promoter's have not grasped that and we find ourselves in a situation where we're possibly stuck with doubling up guests and other crack pot rules because they the promoter's cannot afford to do anything else and we have a rider shortage due to cut backs and lack of track time years ago. The cycle needs breaking otherwise the sport will dye.

The sport in this country is dying anyway unless the powers that be take a massive chance. Poland and Sweden are the problem.

Another problem with trying to stop the doubling-up is how will a rider make up his lost income if he can only ride for 1 club. If the rider hasn't got any overseas teams, and say his 1 club has a couple of rain-offs or no meetings for a couple of weeks, how will they make a decent income? I personally hate the doubling-up scenario and think it's a farce, but how do you resolve it so it pleases everyone?

Another problem with trying to stop the doubling-up is how will a rider make up his lost income if he can only ride for 1 club. If the rider hasn't got any overseas teams, and say his 1 club has a couple of rain-offs or no meetings for a couple of weeks, how will they make a decent income? I personally hate the doubling-up scenario and think it's a farce, but how do you resolve it so it pleases everyone?

They don't all double-up or ride abroad.

they could always get a job and live in the real world , I was having this Conversation with Skornicki on the way to birmingham the other night and he said about 40 British meetings was enough and even better If it were set days like Monday and Thursday as there are plenty of open meetings at the weekends in Europe if they choose ,
  • Like 1

No-one owes them a living. They will have to get a job and work around that as countless riders before have managed to do.

• Like 3

Im sorry to say this but riders are just motivated by greed now , even at NL level they are demanding stupid money and dont ride when they dont get it

• Like 1

I understand Guests have been a problem this year with some of the demands being bloody ridiculous.

A lot want a fixed amount rather than points money, whilst I can understand reserves wanting a minimum paid 3 irrespective of what they score, some of the demands from heat leaders has been scandalous, what’s worse is it’s clear from some of the matches I have watched some of these superstars have then turned in a half hearted or poor performance.

• Like 1

Problem is if it carries on like it is at the moment the riders will have zero income as the sport will be dead. I might be alone but doubling up guest riders and double points are the reasons why I no longer attend more than once or twice a season.

If you are going to highlight Poole Speedway at least use the right colour - Blue! :wink:

Point taken Skidder1. :t::):)