British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Peterborough V Workington C1 10/9/17

It would seem Chris Harris had no choice. But Peterborough Speedway did. The rules didn't allow the use of a facility.

But somebody in a position to do so sanctioned it.

Something I called for some years ago, that when something that appears to transgress a rule is sanctioned the identity of that person should be disclosed.

• Like 1

holdergate , now harrisgate . whatever next. gedgate or garden gate !

has holder changed in appearance ? its been . a while .

Well it's always a matter of opinion. I was there as a neutral visiting a venue I love. The incident happened right in front of where I was and I felt it was an unnecessary 'gesture' by Holder. The nonsense was not putting all 4 back.

It's clear he was baulked by Holder but my impression was he just put the bike down to get another go.

Some you win and some you don't.

• Like 3

holdergate , now harrisgate . whatever next. gedgate or garden gate !

jenga talking sensegate! Could be waiting a while for that one.

It would seem Chris Harris had no choice. But Peterborough Speedway did. The rules didn't allow the use of a facility.

So given that the referee allowed this and didn't have a problem with it , if it was wrong you tell why he allowed this to happen.

you live in hope !

Good job life expectancy is increasing though, we'll need all the time that we can get, and more.

So given that the referee allowed this and didn't have a problem with it , if it was wrong you tell why he allowed this to happen.

Because (s)he got it wrong? Imagine that!

So far nobody has actually pointed to a rule that says I'm wrong. I've posted rules that says Peterborough (and the referee) are wrong. Weird that.

Good job life expectancy is increasing though, we'll need all the time that we can get, and more.

Information today suggests it is not any more

What a load of rubbish over nothing!!! I doubt any Panthers supporter gives a monkeys as the meeting was totally meaningless . Any blame if there is blame is at the feet at those who sanctioned R/R certainly not Harris or Peterborough. Is anybody seriously of the opinion that having been given the facility Panthers should not have used it?

• Like 2

What a load of rubbish over nothing!!! I doubt any Panthers supporter gives a monkeys as the meeting was totally meaningless . Any blame if there is blame is at the feet at those who sanctioned R/R certainly not Harris or Peterborough. Is anybody seriously of the opinion that having been given the facility Panthers should not have used it?

Speedway fans, "WAH, too many missing riders, too many facilities, the sport is a joke"

Speedway fans, "Whats wrong with a rider going missing to take part in another sport? Thats seems perfectly fine to me. Especially as the rules don't allow it"

Chris Harris needs to decide if hes a speedway rider or a grass/longtrack rider. And Peterborough need to not use a facility when the rules say they can't because a rider has gone off to compete in another sport.

Speedway fans, "WAH, too many missing riders, too many facilities, the sport is a joke"

Speedway fans, "Whats wrong with a rider going missing to take part in another sport? Thats seems perfectly fine to me. Especially as the rules don't allow it"

Chris Harris needs to decide if hes a speedway rider or a grass/longtrack rider. And Peterborough need to not use a facility when the rules say they can't because a rider has gone off to compete in another sport.

As long as you believe that I suppose it is ok

In all fairness im not sure if Chris Harris knew what he was yesterday as he certainly wasn't a Grasstrack rider. 2 x practices & 3 x heats where he either broke down or was so far off the pace he retired. Certainly did more than enough to embarrass himself & to put his selection for the Longtrack rounds in jeopardy.

Eddie Kennett on the other hand looked excellent but nobody could live with James Shanes so just goes to show that whilst similar sports pedigree in one discipline doesn't necessarily transfer to the other.

Save your energy scb.. The panties can do no wrong in their eyes.

I and a lot of others are not saying that just that the ACU/SCB decreed Harris rode at the British Masters and Peterborough got a facility.

I have no idea how the authorities came to this decision or who actually made it but seemingly the authorities sanctioned it.

Let's be honest our rules are complete $hyte anyway and are only ever taken as a rough guide.

Probably the reason Peterborough fans defend their club so much is more down to the continued flack and grief given to them by a select few fans from other clubs and of course the BSPA MC.

I am more than happy to accept what SCB said regarding the rules as he generally understands them better than most officials and promoters anyway.

Referee yesterday was Peter Clarke incidentally.

• Like 1