British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ace no.5

Belle Vue Vs Wolves, Nss, 27/9/17... Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg.

People will actually have to go then!! Should improve the attendance figures.

How many times have I said this?!

It's 'tin pot' when the Wolves management seem happy to go to Somerset this Friday without Lindgren, Thorssell and then find that Edinburgh v Ipswich could call on Schlein, Masters, Riss and Greaves. As a Wolves fan it gets harder to justify travelling to support my team. Somerset lose out with lost revenue as this devaluation is allowed to happen. Very sad times.

• Like 3

It's not the competition that's tin pot - it's all this doubling up/down rubbish*, poor fixture planning, and riders trying to ride in nineteen different countries every week that's the problem

Oh, and the British weather

• Like 2

Rob McCaffery wrote " Why can't we just enjoy speedway and enjoy a night out without obsessing on how 'meaningful' it is."

That is at the core of speedway's current problems in the UK. Not enough people enjoy a night out at the speedway or even consider it as an option. That is other than what is left of the die hard fans. To the general public speedway is invisible and even stock car racing is more talked about and considered as an enjoyable night out.

People will actually have to go then!! Should improve the attendance figures.

That goes without saying.

However BT's billing of showing the Play Offs is already a let down.

I thought they appeared committed to the sport so the future doesn't look great for extending the contract.

Agree stupid non important tin pot meeting it means nothing.

Tin pot or not I would still like us to win it.

As with anything its the buzz of winning something on the night its what sport is all about.Even if you win the play offs a week later most fans don't give a thought to who won they move on to what team they could have for next year.

Edited by B.V 72

That goes without saying.

However BT's billing of showing the Play Offs is already a let down.

I thought they appeared committed to the sport so the future doesn't look great for extending the contract.

I agree with that it doesn't look like a long term commitment. I think Sky would have shown it on one of their channels if the contract had been with them. I see Freesports are covering Swedish speedway next year maybe they could take up the baton.

• Like 1

I agree with that it doesn't look like a long term commitment. I think Sky would have shown it on one of their channels if the contract had been with them. I see Freesports are covering Swedish speedway next year maybe they could take up the baton.

If my memory is correct sky did not air the rearranged semi final between Belle vue and Lakeside last year.

If my memory is correct sky did not air the rearranged semi final between Belle vue and Lakeside last year.

That's because Lakeside were so poor (and yes they finished ahead of Swindon )

Oh really I am giving them too much credit then. That was in their last year so maybe this may be BT's last year.

The problem is obviously rain offs, very few other televised sports are affected by the rain but having said that if the Arsenal game the other night had been postponed they would have shown the replay whatever day it was on.

As mentioned earlier, Wednesday is a Champions League night and BT are showing all 8 games live so quite simply no room for the speedway.

As mentioned earlier, Wednesday is a Champions League night and BT are showing all 8 games live so quite simply no room for the speedway.

According to their website they have up to 8 extra channels available for fixture clashes on the red button, not all the extra channels are being used.

Edited by foreverblue

BT are not going to show anything else live when they have the champions League coverage on the same day. Bspa should get a you tube live feed sorted, I'm sure BT wouldn't mind.

• Like 1

Why not write to BT expressing your thanks for them taking up what Sky left behind, and say how much you would like it to continue next year.

According to their website they have up to 8 extra channels available for fixture clashes on the red button, not all the extra channels are being used.

They're not going to go to the expense of filming the speedway to stick it on the red button for a few 1000 people.