British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ace no.5

Belle Vue Vs Wolves, Nss, 27/9/17... Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg.

Best wishes to Jacob. Wolves stand no chance of defending their title now.

Hope BV pull it back in the 2nd leg otherwise the un-deserving Robins will win the final.

Complete and utter tosh, Wolves have every chance, any rider can have a replacement ride and last time they rode at Belle Vue they lost by 13 with Lindgren unusually only scoring 9, they had r/r for Thorsell then too, Perks at reserve and Barker as a guest!

Complete and utter tosh, Wolves have every chance, any rider can have a replacement ride and last time they rode at Belle Vue they lost by 13 with Lindgren unusually only scoring 9, they had r/r for Thorsell then too, Perks at reserve and Barker as a guest!

But Sam got 6 points for a tactical, without that it would have been 16 point win for BV, it's going to be tight

But Sam got 6 points for a tactical, without that it would have been 16 point win for BV, it's going to be tight

Yes but Lindgren only got 9 pretty unusual for him considering he won the riders title there and you had Barker and Perks, surely Riss and Howarth balances the 3 extra tac ride points!

Yes but Lindgren only got 9 pretty unusual for him considering he won the riders title there and you had Barker and Perks, surely Riss and Howarth balances the 3 extra tac ride points!

You're quite right and it will do as long as sam is not still struggling, he scored a bucket full last time

We are certainly not hot favourites. Much will depend on Schlein, who has had good meetings at the NSS, British Final and bad, Wolves last visit, Howarth and Masters, who like Schlein can blow hot and cold at Belle Vue. Masters will find it easier to cope with his injury on the wide open spaces of the NSS than at Monmore with its tight turns. If they can all manage decent scores including r/r rides Wolves with their 13 point lead will win on aggregate.

Our hope has to be that our heat leaders can beat everyone apart from Lindgren and keep his score down to about 13/15'from 6 rides. Tungate can also be excellent at the NSS and enable us to get some 5-1's whereas Worrall has struggled at home recently so needs to up his game. Bewley can be our trump card at reserve but will need to be as I can't see Shuttleworth scoring many, if any, points. It's going to be a big ask but if everything goes our way we can do it.

Masters will find it easier to cope with his injury on the wide open spaces of the NSS than at Monmore with its tight turns.

Ah, you beat me to it!

It was a delicately balanced tie before Thorssell's injury, which I feel just swings it the Aces' way now.

But that, to me, was purely a racing incident. Thorssell had clearly got the drop on Tungate and I suppose if someone has to go it's the latter -- the leader sets his line -- but I wouldn't have argued with all four back.

There's been a lot of to and fro on the forum about cheering when an opposing rider falls. I don't do it personally, finding it a bit distasteful (aren't I the po-faced one?!) but I am able to tell the difference between the panto huzzah which greets a gentle but undignified slide out and the stricken silence which falls immediately when someone has a big 'off'. I suspect most fans are.

• Like 5

Bewley withdrawn from Glasgow meeting tonight, let's hope it's just sensible resting after racing every day since last Thursday. He had said he was finding it difficult racing so much after his return from injury and almost withdrew from the NL Riders meeting on Sunday.

Bewley withdrawn from Glasgow meeting tonight, let's hope it's just sensible resting after racing every day since last Thursday. He had said he was finding it difficult racing so much after his return from injury and almost withdrew from the NL Riders meeting on Sunday.

Sounds like a sensible precaution (Glasgow fans might see it differently). Fingers crossed he's OK for tomorrow.

The schedules some of the riders have now are extraordinary, presumably in part the spread of doubling up. Mind, I can recall talking to one young rider over a decade ago who had scored heavily in the night's meeting and told me it was his 14th consecutive day of action.

Glasgow have no chance anyway so sounds like a sensible precaution to me

Come on Belle Vue. Nobody has deserved a league title more over the last couple of years.

Edited by Brandon Bob

Come on Belle Vue. Nobody has deserved a league title more over the last couple of years.

If you don't win it, you don't deserve it imo ...

• Like 1

Does anyone know if BBC WM might be covering the meeting live ?

Sounds like a sensible precaution (Glasgow fans might see it differently). Fingers crossed he's OK for tomorrow.The schedules some of the riders have now are extraordinary, presumably in part the spread of doubling up. Mind, I can recall talking to one young rider over a decade ago who had scored heavily in the night's meeting and told me it was his 14th consecutive day of action.

So it's all right for riders to pick and choose meetings the want to ride in,after signing to ride for these Teams at start of season,perhaps he should be given 7 days rest by the powers at BSPA for missing a meeting. Edited by Fromafar

So you'd be ok with a very young rider who is perhaps mentally exhausted and mentally unfit to ride in a meeting when there is a fine line between great racing and a serious accident? I get what youre saying but the problem with a rider doesn't always have to be physical. I've no idea what's wrong with Dan, we may be close to the mark or a million miles away. But I'm sure if Glasgow were still in the tie the decision wouldn't have been taken lightly. As it is, they're as good as out already.

Genuine question.

Has any Club ever won a double double?

Aces could win the League and Cup Double (as can Wolves, btw) while the Colts are in line for both as well. Unusual situation.