British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ace no.5

Belle Vue Vs Wolves, Nss, 27/9/17... Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg.

So what happens if Belle Vue can’t stage the meeting on Friday because of the weather? They have to forfeit a potential place in the final? That is stupid in the extreme.

I think if it had gone ahead last night we would have pulled it back but now Wolves will definitely go through as I think they will utilise r/r better than us, also with the ludicrous state the Colts now find themselves in I find myself not really caring what happens, just turn up tomorrow and hope theres good racing and roll on the end of the season, with all the guests, r/r etc weve seen this season I for one need that break and hope by some miracle next season sees the powers that be actually make some radical changes that will turn round the fortunes of the sport.

• Like 3

So what happens if Belle Vue can’t stage the meeting on Friday because of the weather? They have to forfeit a potential place in the final? That is stupid in the extreme.

Sounds like BSPA logic to me. If it's in the rule book, then so it must be ( unless someone overlooks it at the wrong moment ).

Sorry didn't realise that but would a different guest be likely to score any less?

It is no given Greaves will beat Shuttleworth at the NSS, in fact I'd be delighted if he did.

Never thought I would say this but I'm pretty pissed off about the whole scenario.

Been supporting the Aces since 1954 (yes,really!) but now the sport is being ruined by all this petty squabbling about rules that you need a computer to understand (and then easily get it wrong).

Seven riders versus seven. Where did it all go wrong?

Yes I'll be there on Friday/Saturday/which day? to support the Aces..................but if I'm getting disillusioned about things how many fringe supporters are drifting away from the sport?

Something needs to change.

There you go... another one. When you lose patience... keeping up with all the silly rules, some of the point in attending speedway goes West. A long-time fan, another one, disillusioned. Used to be a time when speedway fans died before ever thinking of walking away.

This winter, there must be a drastic shake-up. Mustn't there?

Also, BT Sport, after two rain-offs already, may be a little cautious of throwing decent money away, setting up cameras and the like for the second leg Belle Vue v. Wolves. SKY used to do it, got burned, got wise, and then we now have BT.

Edited by moxey63

There you go... another one. When you lose patience... keeping up with all the silly rules, some of the point in attending speedway goes West. A long-time fan, another one, disillusioned. Used to be a time when speedway fans died before ever thinking of walking away.

This winter, there must be a drastic shake-up. Mustn't there?

Also, BT Sport, after two rain-offs already, may be a little cautious of throwing decent money away, setting up cameras and the like for the second leg Belle Vue v. Wolves. SKY used to do it, got burned, got wise, and then we now have BT.

There's already live football and rugby scheduled on all 3 BT channels so I doubt it will be on anyway

It is no given Greaves will beat Shuttleworth at the NSS, in fact I'd be delighted if he did.

I doubt Shuttleworth will be riding, I presume he will ride for the Colts.

Can't be a random choice of dates must have been agreed with the clubs, I wouldn't mind the 2nd leg away, we have done it 4 times and won 3 of these, best team wins every time

It will be interesting to find out who chose a wed.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

I think if it had gone ahead last night we would have pulled it back but now Wolves will definitely go through as I think they will utilise r/r better than us, also with the ludicrous state the Colts now find themselves in I find myself not really caring what happens, just turn up tomorrow and hope theres good racing and roll on the end of the season, with all the guests, r/r etc weve seen this season I for one need that break and hope by some miracle next season sees the powers that be actually make some radical changes that will turn round the fortunes of the sport.

Agree, I probably won't bother with a season ticket next season at Wolves which I've had for the past 2 years, there's just too many meetings with an unrealistic number of Guests and R/R. Rather pick and choose my meetings where there are actually full teams on display.

• Like 1

If 18.10.1 said....

If a rider is representing their FMN in an FIM Speedway Championship, irrespective of the

rider’s MA, a choice of Guest (if permitted by Art 18.10) or Absent Rider Replacement facility (if permitted by Art 18.10)

is available.

you would have a point, but it doesn't.

Would it help if the rule 18.10.1 was written like this....

If a rider is representing their FMN in an FIM Speedway Championship, irrespective of the

rider’s MA, a choice of Guest or Absent Rider Replacement facility (unless there is more than one absent rider and rr is used for the other absent rider or the missing rider is a reserve)

is available.

If a rider is absent and his average is 4 or less there is no facility at all, no guest or rr, unless he is representing their FMN in an FIM Speedway Championship.

Lambert is in the same u21 meeting as Fricke, Harris is riding for his cl team.

I'd go with King who has only had one dodgy meeting at Belle Vue or L Bjerre who was very good for Leicester when they won at Belle Vue but not quite as good (but still okay) when guesting for us a few days later.

I understand what you are saying and I'm sure that's what they meant.. the wording is wrong though. This is what it should say...

rider’s MA, a choice of Guest or (if permitted by Art 18.10) Absent Rider Replacement facility is available

By placing the 'if permitted' in front of the Absent rider Replacement you are specifically saying that just the RR is subject to Art 18.10.. which it is.

By placing it after it can very easily be interpreted that the 'permitted by Art 18.10' refers to both the Guest and RR.

Anyway, personally no objections against a guest I just wish someone would proof read the rule book and tidy it up so these issues don't arise.

I hadn't checked the other fixtures with regards to Lambert/Harris etc, thanks for that.

You'd prefer King or Lasse Bjerre over RR then?

Edited by BWitcher

Just hope this is on, on Friday and then we can have rightful finalists. If wolves go through due to a rain off then this year's title is the phoney championship.

• Like 2

Just hope this is on, on Friday and then we can have rightful finalists. If wolves go through due to a rain off then this year's title is the phoney championship.

I don't think anyone's actually said that's the case have they?

Forecast is pretty good for afternoon and evening so needn't worry anyway

TBF, I'd argue Hans' team isn't in the play-offs (they were, they're not now) and thus he is eligible to guest according to the rules.

TBF, I'd argue Hans' team isn't in the play-offs (they were, they're not now) and thus he is eligible to guest according to the rules.

Doesn't matter. They were in the play-offs, as such he can't guest in the play-offs. There's some poorly worded rules in the rulebook, that one is straight forward.