British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ace no.5

Belle Vue Vs Wolves, Nss, 27/9/17... Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg.

No one has made much of this never liked the guy but a big shout out to Rory Schlein after 3 poor races when the chips were down he kept his head and pulled off a great ride to win heat 14 and win the tie for Wolves.

So credit where credits due a very begrudged well done Mr Schlein.

Couldn't agree more, after Freddies withdrawal I thought it was all over to be honest as I'm sure most BV fans did, bit when Rory is fired up he's a class act

Couldn't agree more, after Freddies withdrawal I thought it was all over to be honest as I'm sure most BV fans did, bit when Rory is fired up he's a class act

Someone said previously that it would be a problem if you had to count on Schlein but he proved last night you can clearly count on him. Not surprised to hear he gave some abuse back when abused by Belle Vue fans, he usually does that to away fans without provocation!!

• Like 1

Once Lindgren withdrew from the meeting I was absolutely confident that Cook could win heat 13 and cook/bjerre would get a 5-1 in 15. My only concern was Schlein in heat 14. He's looked really fast in his first 2 races and I knew if he popped out of the gate in 14 we could be in trouble. The rest is history.

Edited by Ace no.5
  • Like 1

Belle Vue can claim decisions and bad luck that went against then,but when you look at Cook and Tungate 's performance at Monmore that's what cost them IMO .

Everything that happened over both legs cost us that's sport.You can look at all the for and against things that happen but in the end its just the way it pans out you have a winner and a loser full stop.
  • Like 1

I think most of us thought we had a chance, not that it was all over for Wolves. With the best we could hope for in heat 13 being a 3-3, we knew we needed to pull back 6 points from the last two heats, so not by any means an easy task.

Any news on Lindgren. Reported as going to hospital with a neck injury.

Well, where do I start, I appreciate that the vast majority of Aces fans are a decent bunch but there was a fair amount of glory hunters there last night that were nothing short of disgraceful, throwing bottles on to the track, booing an injured rider walking back to the pits after a horrific accident then cheering when it's announced he had to withdraw from the meeting, and some people on here having said previously derogatory comments about our fans, well last night was much worse than anything I've witnessed at Monmore.

As for the heat 13 incident, I had a good view of it from the south terrace near bend 3. Bjerre and Freddie came down the back straight side by side with barely the width of a fag paper between them. Unless one of them backed out the result seemed inevitable but given the importance of the race neither was willing to do so.

From the angle I saw it Freddie was ever so slightly in front on turn 3 when Bjerre made contact with Freddies back wheel causing him to lock up and his bike went sideways and catapulted him off. When 2 riders make contact on a bend it is almost always the rider on the inside who is excluded so it really was no surprise and certainly not a disgraceful decision by the referee. Had he had more camera angles to look at I'm certain the result would have been the same

Funny how we see an incident so differently. I was on the back straight opposites tapes so was right behind the riders as they entered the turn. Coming down the back straight bjerre was just ahead of Lindgren. Certainly not the "width of a fag paper between them". Bjerre was inside line, Lindgren outside. Probably at least 6 feet gap. Lindgren just got the drop as they entered bend 3 and Lindgren literally turned left on bjerre and there was absolutely no way he could avoid him. I hope Freddie is ok, I really do. But I struggle to feel too bad for him as it was his own doing. You can't do what he did right there. And Bjerre was bang on in his press conference. Quite diplomatic if you ask me. It could easily have been bjerre who's season was ended through no fault of his own. And please usual suspects don't mention Thorssell, that was a 50/50 coming together.
  • Like 1

best wishes to Freddie for a speedy recovery. If it is concussion ie a 9 day absence, does that mean he misses Torun GP??

In the meantime, what chance KK guesting for Freddie in the final? lol

best wishes to Freddie for a speedy recovery. If it is concussion ie a 9 day absence, does that mean he misses Torun GP??

Well they have said it is a neck injury, if nothing broken I expect him to give it a go. KK at Swindon maybe, at Wolves not a chance, I wouldn't want to bank on KK giving his all!

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1

I would have Harris,100% effort every time
  • Like 2

I think most of us thought we had a chance, not that it was all over for Wolves. With the best we could hope for in heat 13 being a 3-3, we knew we needed to pull back 6 points from the last two heats, so not by any means an easy task.

Any news on Lindgren. Reported as going to hospital with a neck injury.

Still no news, really hoping he'll be ok but more hoping he'll be ok for Torun, we can have a guest but if he can't ride in the gp his chances of a medal are gone. Personally I think either Bomber or Scotty could do a good job for us home and away

Funny how we see an incident so differently. I was on the back straight opposites tapes so was right behind the riders as they entered the turn. Coming down the back straight bjerre was just ahead of Lindgren. Certainly not the "width of a fag paper between them". Bjerre was inside line, Lindgren outside. Probably at least 6 feet gap. Lindgren just got the drop as they entered bend 3 and Lindgren literally turned left on bjerre and there was absolutely no way he could avoid him. I hope Freddie is ok, I really do. But I struggle to feel too bad for him as it was his own doing. You can't do what he did right there. And Bjerre was bang on in his press conference. Quite diplomatic if you ask me. It could easily have been bjerre who's season was ended through no fault of his own. And please usual suspects don't mention Thorssell, that was a 50/50 coming together.

It's called rose tinted glasses, without the benefit of multi camera angles courtesy of BT I guess we'll never know for sure. Even then people would have different opinions

You'd get more points from Daffy Duck.Wouldnt entertain KK
  • Like 1

Still no news, really hoping he'll be ok but more hoping he'll be ok for Torun, we can have a guest but if he can't ride in the gp his chances of a medal are gone. Personally I think either Bomber or Scotty could do a good job for us home and away

It's called rose tinted glasses, without the benefit of multi camera angles courtesy of BT I guess we'll never know for sure. Even then people would have different opinions

Oh I honestly think if BT could have shown it from multiple angles (like they should have!) there would have been no question who was at fault. I'm hoping that some video somewhere surfaces.

Oh I honestly think if BT could have shown it from multiple angles (like they should have!) there would have been no question who was at fault. I'm hoping that some video somewhere surfaces.

You're entitled to your opinion as am I, all I can say is by the time they reached the end of the back straight they were virtually touching and it was obvious there was going to be contact unless one of them backed out, but given the importance of the race neither of them was willing to

Video evidence is the best, relying on an unreliable and self confessed forgetful persons report is the worst.

Yet strangely the unbiased referee agrees with me lol