British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Swindon - Belle Vue Koc 1st Leg 14.9.17

I think we did well. I expected a much bigger defeat without Cook and Bewley.

It will be difficult to overturn an 11 point, or even 8 point lead, if heat 14 is amended but not impossible. We could do it if we have a full 1-6 and a decent replacement for Smith if his injury is as reported

It certainly looks nasty in that photo.

Edited by Aces51

Without doubt the worst meeting I have attended and showed the sport up for what it is - amateur.

Firstly, well done Belle Vue. A great performance by both Fricke and Polar.

I accept that there was an intial delay due to the serious injury sustained by Jack Smith (I hope that it's not too serious) but once the meeting restarted it should have been dealt with in a quick professional way to enable the paying public to enjoy the meeting and get home as quickly as possible.

Instead, we ambled along, no hurry, no desire to put the two minutes on. Several re-runs and the ridiculous sight of riders retuning to the pits every time. To do what exactly I have no idea.

The sight of the tractor at 10.15 on a freezing cold evening is an absolute disgrace and whoever within the Swindon management decided that was the right thing to do needs a proper word with themselves.

My brother has not missed a match at home since 2007 left after 13 heats and is seriously on the point of walking away.

The sport is in dire need of direction and an independent body. The people in charge have highlighted that they are not fit to run a professional sport.

The first thing thing that needs to be done is to find out what we want. The customer should be king.

The boll*cks that passed for sport tonight was embarrassing.

Edited for proper English.

Edited by theblueboy
  • Like 4

Jack Smith's finger : https://tinyurl.com/y75rsxpj

Rob you should put a warning that its not for the squeemish. Poor lad. Looks bad and he could face some time off with that. No wonder he was taken by ambulance to hospital.

Instead, we ambled along, no hurry, no desire to put the two minutes on. Several re-runs and the ridiculous sight of riders retuning to the pits every time. To do what exactly I have no idea .

A particular bugbear of mine. And Tatum, and many others. If there is a tape issue, or unsatisfactory start, the pits gate must not be opened and riders must go straight around to the tapes with no help from mechanics. No re-adjusting clutches or fiddling or tightening chains or pouring a few drips of methenol into the tank.

If a mechanic comes onto the track, the rider is disqualified. Simple as that.

• Like 6

Jack Smith's finger : https://tinyurl.com/y75rsxpj

Wow,that's got to hurt the lad.Hope it's looks worse than what it is and he can get back in the near future.But seeing that picture you wouldn't think he would be back anytime soon.

Get well soon Jack,hope you make a swift recovery.

• Like 1

I thought every re-run without a faller the pit get is to remain closed.

Rob you should put a warning that its not for the squeemish. Poor lad. Looks bad and he could face some time off with that. No wonder he was taken by ambulance to hospital.

A particular bugbear of mine. And Tatum, and many others. If there is a tape issue, or unsatisfactory start, the pits gate must not be opened and riders must go straight around to the tapes with no help from mechanics. No re-adjusting clutches or fiddling or tightening chains or pouring a few drips of methenol into the tank.

If a mechanic comes onto the track, the rider is disqualified. Simple as that.

Rosco made a very valid point tonight, he said since the 2nd white line has been added & the riders have to have their front wheel on this it allows for movement (rightly or wrongly), we're the only league with this, get rid & have the riders at the tapes & not behind them as they currently are

• Like 1

The gate is allowed to be opened to let mechanics out but riders not allowed to go in pits.

That's what I thought too but it doesn't stop the mechanics from coming onto the track. Good referees stick the 2 minutes on immediately so there's not much of a delay but unfortunately there aren't that many good referees.

The gate is allowed to be opened to let mechanics out but riders not allowed to go in pits.

And the 2mins on after 1 minute delay.

Have to agree with everything The Civil Services greatest batsman had to say ...the worst meeting ive ever been to with more re runs than Only fools and Horses on uk gold . The pit gate being kept opened every time so riders could waste even more time . Then at 10 past 10 with two heats left they had a break for track work !.

If you went to speedway tonight for the first time you were never go again .. ...Swindon as a side look like they have gone off the boil and if ride like that against Poole they will get beat ...main concerns are Doyle slow and really not up for it Bwd not fit and the flying Frenchman who looks like he's lost his form

• Like 1

I think we did well. I expected a much bigger defeat without Cook and Bewley.

It will be difficult to overturn an 11 point, or even 8 point lead, if heat 14 is amended but not impossible. We could do it if we have a full 1-6 and a decent replacement for Smith if his injury is as reported

It certainly looks nasty in that photo.

Why heat 14? Heat 12 was the heat that Musliak should have been out in and BWD scored 2 point in that race that should be removed, provided Lemon appealed before heat 13 was run (but I doubt it tbh). Making it a 9 point difference.

Why heat 14? Heat 12 was the heat that Musliak should have been out in and BWD scored 2 point in that race that should be removed, provided Lemon appealed before heat 13 was run (but I doubt it tbh). Making it a 9 point difference.

Of course it was heat 12 and 9 points my mistake.

The Swindon reserves outscored our reserves 11-2 but their 1-5 only outscored our top 4, 39-37, which was an excellent away performance. I think with Bewley in the team it would have been very close.

Edited by Aces51

I was there on the night and well aware that the rules had been broken. During the ludicrous 'grading break' between Heat 13 and Heat 14, took a little wander in the direction of the pits and made sure that the BV management knew of the infringement.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

I was there on the night and well aware that the rules had been broken. During the ludicrous 'grading break' between Heat 13 and Heat 14, took a little wander in the direction of the pits and made sure that the BV management knew of the infringement.

All the best

Rob

That's a pity...if only you'd been closer.

• Like 1

Ill give anything to look through this seasons riders sick notes and the docs that sign them!!Anyone know where they are kept at HQ,im going to break in and reveal all!!!!....................................................

• Like 1