British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Swindon - Belle Vue Koc 1st Leg 14.9.17

Belle Vue got close to Swindon with a very patched up side there. With Cook and Bewley tonight might have been extremely close.

Agree that the ref made a mistake with the poles third ride. Guess it will be amended to a 9 point Swindon win for the second leg.

Got to give you renewed confidence for your second leg surely?

I thought every re-run without a faller the pit get is to remain closed.

No clear rules and no-one interested in implementing the ones that do exist. Same Old, Same Old BSPA style of "organising" speedway. Sadly, the slide down the pan will continue.

• Like 2

Sooner or later it will be realised that our pole was restricted to to just two points, and that's something that may not be repeated this season.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Sooner or later it will be realised that our pole was restricted to to just two points, and that's something that may not be repeated this season.

Thank you.

I don't think he will be sending the ref a Christmas card this year :wink:

• Like 1

Can anyone name and shame the ref- not surprisingly the scorecard is not yet up on the BSPA website !!

Chris Gay was last nights ref

I really hope that those in the bspa ban the opening of pit gates for a tape restart this next agm.

This was another meeting ruined by riders moving at the start, the ref continually putting on the red lights, but even worse the returning to the pit gate for pi##ing about.

The ref should have contacted the managers and told them that any rider causing a restart will be excluded from the race.

Have said before that a tape restart, the number last night probably exceeded the number of races, needs a 1 min time allowance, and as soon as the riders are at the tapes the clock should be switched off to stop all the gardening.

Add to all the delays the fact that is was getting colder as the night went on it did look as if many had left before the end of the meeting.

Apart from the above the meeting had some good races and it was very unfortunate for Jack Smith to have a horrible injury, which caused a hell of a delay while the one ambulance at the track was used to take him to hospital.

• Like 3

Bloody hopeless but let's be fair he has plenty of competition within the SCB.

I hope this useless ref. is never allowed near a speedway meeting again. He totally messed up what should have been a good evening for the fans, was treating the red button like a kid with a toy, I am sure if he hadn't been so OTT right from the start of the meeting, that awful accident wouldn't have happened. There was no consideration for any of us frozen supporters either after the ambulance returned, or the long journey some of us had to make home, we arrived back at five mins to midnight. Still thawing out now !!!! Wishing Jack Smith a speedy recovery. Saw people leaving after the first 4 heats.

• Like 1

Got to give you renewed confidence for your second leg surely?

Yep there is new hope.

I really hope that those in the bspa ban the opening of pit gates for a tape restart this next agm.

This was another meeting ruined by riders moving at the start, the ref continually putting on the red lights, but even worse the returning to the pit gate for pi##ing about.

The ref should have contacted the managers and told them that any rider causing a restart will be excluded from the race.

Have said before that a tape restart, the number last night probably exceeded the number of races, needs a 1 min time allowance, and as soon as the riders are at the tapes the clock should be switched off to stop all the gardening.

Add to all the delays the fact that is was getting colder as the night went on it did look as if many had left before the end of the meeting.

Apart from the above the meeting had some good races and it was very unfortunate for Jack Smith to have a horrible injury, which caused a hell of a delay while the one ambulance at the track was used to take him to hospital.

I know it is Tatum's particular gripe but I think he speaks for all fans in this regard, they should all go round to the start immediately no mechanics on track, pit gate closed, two mins on and any rule break results in exclusion.

• Like 4

I'm just amazed after all these years we still allow cheating and messing around at the start. Plenty of ways of stopping it, but if BSI, the Poles and the Swedes are happy with all the nonsense at the start, a 2nd rate Speedway nation like Britain isn't going to do anything about it.

Edited by spanner47

I'm just amazed after all these years we still allow cheating and messing around at the start. Plenty of ways of stopping it, but if BSI, the Poles or the Swedes are happy with all the nonsense at the start, a 2nd rate Speedway nation like Britain isn't going to do anything about it.

They should start excluding riders if they waste time at the start, put them on the centre green and the remaining three can pull back a meter or two, no more, then can be back at the tapes within say 30 seconds. Last night was an awful meeting because of all the time wasted. Even more worrying is how many people there left and will not return.

• Like 2

Hi Guys i see Liam Carr scored 5 points which is a decent return how did he ride ?

Would you use him as over for Zach in the upcoming meetings ? he scored a 15 point max at Monmore 3 weeks ago beating Perry,Ayres and Hall

Edited by redandyellow

Kim Nilsson was excluded in Sweden this week. I couldnt work out what he'd done and he was no different to of any of the other riders 'gardening' at the start.

It's very simple. As soon as the ref puts two minutes on the riders must be ready to race as soon as that clock counts down to 0:00. When the last rider leaves the pits the gate is shut and is not to be reopened unless e.g crash, however, any adjustments can take place until that rider leaves.

If a rider is adjudged to have delayed the start or tapes infringement then the rider is excluded and no reserve replacement or 15m.

I'd much rather have a 3 rider race than the continued shenanigans that blight meeting after meeting from GP to NL.

Hi Guys i see Liam Carr scored 5 points which is a decent return how did he ride ?

Would you use him as over for Zach in the upcoming meetings ? he scored a 15 point max at Monmore 3 weeks ago beating Perry,Ayres and Hall

Excellent gater and did well. Lack of track craft was his downfall but that's inexperience.

Overall did well and certainly, imo, looked quicker than Mitchell Davey who had performed well the week before.

I have to say he looked good on the bike, out gated a few of the bigger name riders but was roughed up in the first bend. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he was used against Poole. I think our track suited him as it's similar to Berwick in long straights & tight corners,