British Speedway Forum
Steve0

Swindon Vs Poole - Posf2 - 25 Sep

If Nigel Pearson is unable to do simple maths, maybe he should consider another line of work. He really brings nothing to the table and is a constant embarrassment to Tatum...

The score was on the screen plain as day, yet he still couldn't get it right, hopeless.

• Like 2

Yes, he redeemed himself following his rather unprofessional approach to the 'coin toss' call - surely the worlds leading speedway rider and captain of the team would have had a look at the track to know which gates he would use if he won the toss? He would have known this would be a likely outcome, so in telling Steve Brandon "I'll get back to you" he made himself look unprepared. Hardly a good impression for such an important match, and not a good advert for speedway to the uninitiated.

Doyley does that at every meeting, never picks the gates until he's been back into the pits normally. Nothing out of the ordinary there,

• Like 2

The score was on the screen plain as day, yet he still couldn't get it right, hopeless.

He is the same in the GPs where he often compares scores of the riders when they have not completed the same number of rides. At league meetings he often seems incapable of working out at which point a team has won the meeting or how many points a team needs to win the meeting.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

At £20 for adults ?? that would be a nice take.

£17 for the final next week, can already buy tickets online. Include a programme.

• Like 1

It`s all so easy sat at home on the sofa with a cup of tea beside you watching !!!

Last night- Pearson and Tatum we know were at Wolves- so they were having to commentate on the Swindon v Poole match by looking at a monitor. Add to that a director continually talking in your ear. This season I have heard Pearson having to lead the caption person in summing up the score. Yes there was a mistake in the Swindon match but I thought they did well considering they would have had to keep two scorecharts on the go !!!

• Like 4

It`s all so easy sat at home on the sofa with a cup of tea beside you watching !!!

Last night- Pearson and Tatum we know were at Wolves- so they were having to commentate on the Swindon v Poole match by looking at a monitor. Add to that a director continually talking in your ear. This season I have heard Pearson having to lead the caption person in summing up the score. Yes there was a mistake in the Swindon match but I thought they did well considering they would have had to keep two scorecharts on the go !!!

quite agree nigel and kelvin do a very good job it must have been a little difficult being live at one and watching the other one on a monitor screen . better to have nigel and kelvin doing it than no speedway at all . keep up the good work :t:

• Like 1

Fabulous performance from Swindon, particularly at the end. Good from Poole, too, who really played their part in making it a great match.

Felt that Adam Ellis shouldn't have been excluded for his first bend fall as it should have been called back for Andersen's movement at the tapes.

Don't get why people are so obsessive about having a go at the commentators. They do just fine, particularly Kelvin who is, after all, a former rider.

Then again, people would have been ripping into Dave Lanning (who made just as many mistakes in pre-recorded commentary at Nigel Pearson does live) had he been round today. And he is seen as the consummate speedway commentator. You just can't please some people.

Nah we made plenty of noise. Poole fans travelled in very good numbers for last night. More than the 20 Swindon fans who made the effort to come down to Poole for the first leg.

Perhaps Swindon fans get nose bleed if they get too far away from the Rodbourne Arms.And what about the 50 or so on the second bend by the catering wagon? What about the many Poole fans scattered all around the first and second bends? Granted we were not that noisy as there really wasn't too much to cheer but we were all there supporting our team. Where were the Swindon fans at Poole hiding?

Oh, yes, don't we just love it when loads of Pugwashers turn up to see their team sink! From moneybags favourites at the start of the year to hopeless also-rans. Over and out from mouth of the South. Goodnight, Steve.

Just wanted to add that I thought the presentation from Swindon was very professional looking with the flames at the end of every race - nice to see them making an effort :t:

• Like 2

Well done Swindon but the Pirates certainly made them work for it until the latter stages of the meeting.

Please can someone confirm the race time of heat 15 for me? I made a Hans Andersen type departure from the Stadium and missed it!

Well done Swindon but the Pirates certainly made them work for it until the latter stages of the meeting.

Please can someone confirm the race time of heat 15 for me? I made a Hans Andersen type departure from the Stadium and missed it!

Well done to the Robins - most deserved. BWD did well on his new engine(s).

Unfortunately the Poole 'engine room' only managed a few phut-phuts!! Possibly only 3 of those on show last night will be in the Poole 2018 septet!!?

As stated previously I will be behind the Robins in the final

• Like 2

Pearson rotates his limited vocabulary at random...not sure he knows what his next words are.

Seems to think shouting down the mike will have more effect.

Personally I would like them to forget this dual announcers and let Tatum do it himself

• Like 1

Just wanted to add that I thought the presentation from Swindon was very professional looking with the flames at the end of every race - nice to see them making an effort :t:

Totally agree with you there Steve, was just about to post similar and see you beat me to it. Photo looks good on the website too. Terrific atmosphere , loved hearing the famous Blunsdon Roar for our " Rockin Robins". :D

• Like 1