British Speedway Forum
dantodan

1st October 2017 Newcastle Diamonds V Workington Comets Championship

dare I ask but why is Robert not riding in the pairs this Saturday

so I reckon for various reasons but in 6 potential meetings fours pairs and riders in 16 and 17 .......... Robert has made it to just 1 ........ that's poor

I went to 4's to be disappointed, went to Glasgow for it to be rained off and now with no Robert .... I doubt I will go to the pairs now

and why is it robbo not the skipper .............

It's on Sunday and he's riding in Poland (again).

Robbo's average is higher than Ludde's.

Edited by Steve Park

dare I ask but why is Robert not riding in the pairs this Saturday

so I reckon for various reasons but in 6 potential meetings fours pairs and riders in 16 and 17 .......... Robert has made it to just 1 ........ that's poor

I went to 4's to be disappointed, went to Glasgow for it to be rained off and now with no Robert .... I doubt I will go to the pairs now

and why is it robbo not the skipper .............

Because you should try to put your best Riders out.

A few years ago Pete Gibson checked out drainage and a blockage was found on Benfield Motors site,they refused access.(don't know if they ever done anything about it.) a stream runs underneath the stadium.Pete Gibson put a new drain on the centre green on the first bend .

geez .. how long does polands season on ............... seriously casts doubt on us re-signing Robert next year I would think ............. we would have been scuppered if we had made playoffs

hadn't spotted robbo average increase so much !!! he started on 6.29 ...........

After weeks without any action Newcastle's season 2017 lurches back into life. Hopefully someone will tell all the fans to come and watch the meeting. Me? well I put off going into hibernation until 31st October 2017 so I will be watching the match (YAWN!)

I hope to be wide awake for the KO Cup against Glasgow but alas, no one knows when it will take place (Stifles YAWN!)

Just noticed the start time back an hour to 7.30pm

I feel your pain. This season seems to have been a shambles.

geez .. how long does polands season on ............... seriously casts doubt on us re-signing Robert next year I would think ............. we would have been scuppered if we had made playoffs

hadn't spotted robbo average increase so much !!! he started on 6.29 ...........

Robert has already publicly stated that he is unlikely to ride in the Championship next season.

yeah, well he was on a converted Elite league ave, so was a bargain on a 6.

should he be the skipper ?

YES!!!

Always on hand to help other Riders out in the Pits - a genuine Team Man.

I watched Robbo closely when I used to go and can Team Ride too.

For once I am honestly not having a go at Lindgren here - I just feel that Robbo is by far the better man for the job.

You did ask.

• Like 1

YES!!!

Always on hand to help other Riders out in the Pits - a genuine Team Man.

I watched Robbo closely when I used to go and can Team Ride too.

For once I am honestly not having a go at Lindgren here - I just feel that Robbo is by far the better man for the job.

You did ask.

somethings wrong, I don't actually disagree with you.

A few years ago Pete Gibson checked out drainage and a blockage was found on Benfield Motors site,they refused access.(don't know if they ever done anything about it.) a stream runs underneath the stadium.Pete Gibson put a new drain on the centre green on the first bend .

Peter put drains in, but for the water to go into a 'soak pit', which is what is emptied first to allow more water to drain in off the track.

From our investigations we found that there was an old drain running diagonally from the first bend across to the third bend. It was not possible to repair the drain. A few years ago Alan, Darryl and George spoke with the then owners William Hill, and there was a plan to put some drainage in which would help both the speedway and the dogs. Unfortunately the dogs dropped out the week before the work starting, presumably thinking that the speedway would continue and pay the total bill. They didn't, and that sums up what it's like dealing with dog stadium owners. :nono::mad:

Edited by Tsunami

never heard a squeak about the dinner dance, which is even more worrying.

The dinner dance is usually held at the end of the season and as we haven't reached ours yet, maybe that is the reason!!! :o:o