British Speedway Forum
Wolfsbane

Premiership Grand Final 1st Leg Swindon V Wolves 02.10.17

Bless. So your aim at the start of the season is to go further than "that lot from Manchester"? And I thought it was about winning trophies... Which, by the way, once you've lost to Swindon, you will (most likely) be facing us again for the "consolation prize" of the knockout cup. I'd say it's quite feasible that we will win something this year and "that lot from wolverhampton" will not...

Edited to add good luck to Swindon in the final. Best team over the season, from a neutral standing they deserve it. Hopefully no further injuries over the 2 matches.

2 riders in hospital, seasons over, Aces riders excluded in both races. Missiles thrown at opposition riders. Them's the facts. A week ago I'd have been perfectly happy if Belle Vue had won the play offs by the way.

Edited by Wolfsbane

So you still think that Tungate and Bjerre are to blame for your riders injuries...? Unbelievable. The "missiles" were bad, i'll give you that. But that was 1 person.

Edited by Ace no.5
  • Like 3

So you still think that Tungate and Bjerre are to blame for your riders injuries...? Unbelievable. The "missiles" were bad, i'll give you that. But that was 1 person.

Who's got the EXs against them on the racecards? You're giving an opinion. I'm stating facts. If pushed I'd cut Bjerre some slack, but Tungate's an out of control throttle jockey.

I'm a neutral fan. Both injuries caused innocently, it's racing and happens. Missiles totally unacceptable. Forget stadium bans, they offender should be prosecuted by law.

Who's got the EXs against them on the racecards? You're giving an opinion. I'm stating facts. If pushed I'd cut Bjerre some slack, but Tungate's an out of control throttle jockey.

Right. Tungate for me was the man to be excluded in the first leg. He was no more out of control than Lindgren in the 2nd leg, probably less so actually. Yet you can "cut Bjerre some slack" if pushed?! Funny. Anyway, wrong thread for this. Your reasoning is flawed though... Edited by Ace no.5
  • Like 1

Right. Tungate for me was the man to be excluded in the first leg. He was no more out of control than Lindgren in the 2nd leg, probably less so actually. Yet you can "cut Bjerre some slack" if pushed?! Funny. Anyway, wrong thread for this. Your reasoning is flawed though...

Nowt wrong with my reasoning fella. I tried to come someway to your position, shouldn't have bothered. I ask again. Who was excluded in both instances? As far as I'm aware when you're excluded 'as the cause of the stoppage', you're to blame. It's the law of unintended consequences and I certainly am not claiming that Tungate in particular intended to injure others but he had his warning earlier in the meeting about the way he was riding the surface he was presented with. He chose to ignore it and a fellow rider has a fractured vertebrate as a result of his actions.

Any chance of you lot taking your handbags over to the Belle Vue v Wolves thread?

• Like 4

Nowt wrong with my reasoning fella. I tried to come someway to your position, shouldn't have bothered. I ask again. Who was excluded in both instances? As far as I'm aware when you're excluded 'as the cause of the stoppage', you're to blame. It's the law of unintended consequences and I certainly am not claiming that Tungate in particular intended to injure others but he had his warning earlier in the meeting about the way he was riding the surface he was presented with. He chose to ignore it and a fellow rider has a fractured vertebrate as a result of his actions.

So in your little world referees are 100% correct no matter the video evidence, no matter the opinions of others. We are fortunate indeed to have recruited such a group of infallible people to officiate in British speedway or perhaps these super human qualities are shared by speedway referees everywhere. Meanwhile, in the real world most of us know that, just like us, from time to time they get things wrong.

• Like 2

I'm sorry that's nonsense, firstly the crash at wolves was unlucky and the ex could of gone either way, secondly the crash at Belle vue was clearly lindgrens fault the ref got it wrong, but either way there was no malice in either incident. The can throwing was 1 yes 1 idiot who was rightly chucked out of the stadium.

Any way back to the meeting. Swindon should now win this at a canter.

a 16 plus point home win providing the rain doesn't appear late in the day like it could.

Can only see one winner in Swindon. Freddie could have taken care of Doyle in a few races but unless Doyle has other things on his mind he'll smoke Bomber every time. A shame the final has been ruined by injuries to a large degree

Swindon sure look odds on favourites but they won't be the first team to be red hot favs and choke (coughpoole)

The loss of their two top riders is a massive blow for Wolves and even though I'm a Swindon fan I would rather we were facing a full strength team from Monmore Green.It takes the edge off the final I feel and is rotten luck for Woves and obviously the two riders concerned and I wish them both a speedy recovery.

However its sport and injuries are commonplace in speedway and even though Swindon have been lucky at the expense of Wolves I think only the chrurlish and small minded would begrudge the Robins the title if it comes to Wiltshire.

The team have proved that by finishing top of the table they are the most consistant team this season and their 17 match winning streak undelines this fact.

Having said that, even without Fast Freddie and Thorssel, Monmore Green is probably the track with the biggest home advantage in the PremierLeague and it wouldn't suprise me if Wolves were to win at home and let's face it the Robins at one stage looked as though they were going to gift the home leg of the semi final to Poole so all is not lost totally for Wolves.

However if Swindon cock it up now they will only have themselves to blame and undoubtdly are red hot favourites over the two legs.

• Like 5

The loss of their two top riders is a massive blow for Wolves and even though I'm a Swindon fan I would rather we were facing a full strength team from Monmore Green.It takes the edge off the final I feel and is rotten luck for Woves and obviously the two riders concerned and I wish them both a speedy recovery.

However its sport and injuries are commonplace in speedway and even though Swindon have been lucky at the expense of Wolves I think only the chrurlish and small minded would begrudge the Robins the title if it comes to Wiltshire.

The team have proved that by finishing top of the table they are the most consistant team this season and their 17 match winning streak undelines this fact.

Having said that, even without Fast Freddie and Thorssel, Monmore Green is probably the track with the biggest home advantage in the PremierLeague and it wouldn't suprise me if Wolves were to win at home and let's face it the Robins at one stage looked as though they were going to gift the home leg of the semi final to Poole so all is not lost totally for Wolves.

However if Swindon cock it up now they will only have themselves to blame and undoubtdly are red hot favourites over the two legs.

I would hope no Wolves fan begrudges Swindon the title. The position that Wolves find themselves in absolutely nothing to do with Swindon. Swindon at the start of the season made choices probably no other club would have done I.e. Signing Doyle on his inflated and having Ellis as heat leader (I think). It's worked out, so fair play.

• Like 6