British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

Heard several totally contradictory stories tonight

I find it hard to believe that the Showground would only deal with Ged.

Mick Horton would surely be prepared to step in? He would save our great club again.

Why did Rathbone say that allegedly the EoES would only deal with him?

I find it hard to believe that the Showground would only deal with Ged.

Mick Horton would surely be prepared to step in? He would save our great club again.

You are on a wind aren't you if not you are more stupid than what I thought.

Come on nep you know the answer to that. Don't bite. There are so many nice genuine panthers fans, it's a shame it's all coming down to this. I honestly hope the panthers come to the tapes in 2018 and beyond. Maybe its time for the good fans to put a consortium together and purchase the club.

Come on nep you know the answer to that. Don't bite. There are so many nice genuine panthers fans, it's a shame it's all coming down to this. I honestly hope the panthers come to the tapes in 2018 and beyond. Maybe its time for the good fans to put a consortium together and purchase the club.

For those out there that are unaware it's become quite obvious to most of us local folk that speedway life at the showground will be coming to an end within the next 2/3 years I would say at most as the showground people have sold off more land for housing not yet officially to be announced but sent out letters to the houses that already surround the showground telling them of there plans which will be officially go public next February . As the houses will close in further I can see that the only thing left will be the indoor arena which would be in the heart of it . So in one sense it would be a popular move for the EOES management that it wasn't them that was responsible for the closure of speedway. Ged has always been honest and straight with Panthers fans and I don't doubt what the showground management have told him they will not see another promoter take over and if it's not Ged then speedway will come to an premature end and will never return . We Panthers supporters are not bothered about what other speedway fans think about Ged . and are happy for him to continue but £40,000 + in fines is way above what anybody would have expected . Understandable in football but in speedway it's just not sustainable , That's Chapman's legacy for you . Now where is that transparency he was not so long ago talking about when they (BSPA/ SCB) can't even go public with the crime and punishment . I think (Buster) ought to keep away from the Peterborough area for his own safety

If there is gonna be no speedway at the EOES in the next couple of years, it would seem silly to pay a large some of money just for it be on temporary. Would it not make sense to use the money as a deposit for a new venue/venture ?

Edited by ruffdiamond

For those out there that are unaware it's become quite obvious to most of us local folk that speedway life at the showground will be coming to an end within the next 2/3 years I would say at most as the showground people have sold off more land for housing not yet officially to be announced but sent out letters to the houses that already surround the showground telling them of there plans which will be officially go public next February . As the houses will close in further I can see that the only thing left will be the indoor arena which would be in the heart of it . So in one sense it would be a popular move for the EOES management that it wasn't them that was responsible for the closure of speedway. Ged has always been honest and straight with Panthers fans and I don't doubt what the showground management have told him they will not see another promoter take over and if it's not Ged then speedway will come to an premature end and will never return . We Panthers supporters are not bothered about what other speedway fans think about Ged . and are happy for him to continue but £40,000 + in fines is way above what anybody would have expected . Understandable in football but in speedway it's just not sustainable , That's Chapman's legacy for you . Now where is that transparency he was not so long ago talking about when they (BSPA/ SCB) can't even go public with the crime and punishment . I think (Buster) ought to keep away from the Peterborough area for his own safety

We've been saying 2 or 3 years for the last decade. I've always thought that at some point currently inaccessible white elephant would be the only thing standing, and that may be closer than ever but I'd like to see the evidence first.

I thought fines went to the Ben fund ?

It does

Referee's fines go to the SRBF. SCB fines go to them.

BBC Radio Cambs this morning reported "The future of the Panthers is in doubt after the club was given a £45,000 for an infringement of team selection rules".

They said it was the club being fined, not any individual.

"I could quite easily have walked away ....but I've got too much repect for our fans to do that."

So you let your top rider go abroad when the Fours were held at your own track and then subsequently let the same rider do likewise on several further occasions and could only be replaced by an NL guest! This guy seems quite selective in showing respect to his customers but is now bizarrely seeking their sympathy. He is the sole reason for this sorry mess and should face up to the consequences of his seriously flawed decision making.

• Like 5

"I could quite easily have walked away ....but I've got too much repect for our fans to do that."

So you let your top rider go abroad when the Fours were held at your own track and then subsequently let the same rider do likewise on several further occasions and could only be replaced by an NL guest! This guy seems quite selective in showing respect to his customers but is now bizarrely seeking their sympathy. He is the sole reason for this sorry mess and should face up to the consequences of his seriously flawed decision making.

I have very little sympathy for Ged personally and what he did, but it is the supporters who will be the losers from the consequences of his actions. Some should reflect on that when seeking retribution

• Like 1

If there is gonna be no speedway at the EOES in the next couple of years, it would seem silly to pay a large some of money just for it be on temporary. Would it not make sense to use the money as a deposit for a new venue/venture ?

What money , the money we haven't got or the money we have to find.

What money , the money we haven't got or the money we have to find.

the money you have to find,,, and its no good borrowing your way out of debt.
the story sort of says that the landlords won't work with other promotions, after being messed around in the past.

I find it funny that after the 'carryings-on' there in recent years, that Ged is defo not the sort of person to mess anyone around.

so there was some sort of message, in the 'save your money in August and keep it for later on' thing ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond

BBC Radio Cambs this morning reported "The future of the Panthers is in doubt after the club was given a £45,000 for an infringement of team selection rules".

They said it was the club being fined, not any individual.

I can't wait to see the fine Chapman gets then for his multiple infringements of team selection rules.
  • Like 2