British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

No, I just care about the future of speedway, including Peterborough Speedway.

Still, we all know what an excellent judge of character that you are? After all, you continued to stick up for Colin Horton long after everyone else had given up…

All the best

Rob

So did I. It got me an invite over to the vipers nest that was WWoS where it eventually sunk in that it was nothing to do with Horton, who could go and whistle, but was everything about fighting off the vitriol being thrown at Peterborough Speedway at that time.

I am sure Crump 99 was suggesting that if you know the truth we would all be pleased to hear it. Your post gives no indication that you do. Frankly I doubt that many actually heard everything said yesterday by Ged.. It has also been suggested that Rathbone had been additionally fined for what statements he has made.

This was the interesting bit Rodders from the local rag "But the written findings of the SCB hearing make mention of the fact that I was ill advised." - Don't think those written findings are in the public domain. Who was he ill advised by if it was noted?

Edited by Crump99

Interesting ged has outted Godfrey everyone knows he has a problem with honesty and integrity usually involves abusing his position on the mc not surprised at all by this.

Edited by lewy

I would like to think that all Panthers regular fans would make a "donation" of £16 each for the first match of next season..if that is the deal-breaker.

• Like 4

I would like to think that all Panthers regular fans would make a "donation" of £16 each for the first match of next season..if that is the deal-breaker.

Some of the dedicated ones yes , but you'll find that most would look at it as a freeby. On the bright side of things it would be a good idea to promote the meeting as a chance for free admission as a taster for would be new fans to come and sample what speedway has to offer for those that have never experienced the sport before.

Interesting ged has outted Godfrey everyone knows he has a problem with honesty and integrity usually involves abusing his position on the mc not surprised at all by this.

And Godfrey abuses his position by having sit down protests on the startline surprised you didn't mention that.

• Like 1

Some of the dedicated ones yes , but you'll find that most would look at it as a freeby. On the bright side of things it would be a good idea to promote the meeting as a chance for free admission as a taster for would be new fans to come and sample what speedway has to offer for those that have never experienced the sport before.

The first meeting is just usually practice of men, machines and organisation on a cold March day before the proper stuff in a week or two. I wouldn't want too many basing their judgement on that

The first meeting is just usually practice of men, machines and organisation on a cold March day before the proper stuff in a week or two. I wouldn't want too many basing their judgement on that

So what would you do under the circumstances which would be an improvement on this idea.

So what would you do under the circumstances which would be an improvement on this idea.

First meeting of the season is usually one of the best attended, if not the best attended meeting of the season anyway. It usually sells itself after the winter and build up but will have to be free for all. The BSPA (SCB) will be watching and will no doubt take great pleasure in putting the boot in if there is any suspicion of trying to make a buck, so people can forget that. It is what it is.

Plenty of sponsorship opportunities would help greatly with costs if the BSPA/SCB hasn't banned them in the written verdict they've yet to disclose to the paying public.

Edited by Crump99

First meeting of the season is usually one of the best attended, if not the best attended meeting of the season anyway. It usually sells itself after the winter and build up but will have to be free for all. The BSPA (SCB) will be watching and will no doubt take great pleasure in putting the boot in if there is any suspicion of trying to make a buck, so people can forget that. It is what it is.

Plenty of sponsorship opportunities would help greatly with costs if the BSPA/SCB hasn't banned them in the written verdict they've yet to disclose to the paying public.

The punishment is stated as the first home LEAGUE match of 2018, so not necessarily the first track action of the season.

Some just do not seem to get this. A free meeting will only benefit Panthers supporters unless the BSPA are planning to bus in hoards from far and wide to make their point. Those Panthers fans who may have felt aggrieved over what has happened did not lose any money just voted with their feet and did not go post Holder. I am absolutely sure that if the insistence of a free meeting meant Panthers not running next year the vast majority would prefer Panthers to run.

• Like 2

Some just do not seem to get this. A free meeting will only benefit Panthers supporters unless the BSPA are planning to bus in hoards from far and wide to make their point. Those Panthers fans who may have felt aggrieved over what has happened did not lose any money just voted with their feet and did not go post Holder. I am absolutely sure that if the insistence of a free meeting meant Panthers not running next year the vast majority would prefer Panthers to run.

The problem is the first meeting can set you up for months bearing in mind the opening crowd for our match against Coventry this year, putting clubs in serious financial differculties at the start benefits no one especially if the club then subsequently goes under.

• Like 2

I think this whole thing is an absolute farce..as are the BSPA..who could end up closing down a club because of one rider. The punishment they have dished out is the equivalent of throwing a fag but on the floor and getting put in jail.

And I'm getting p##### off that every single season I have to hear threats that our club may not be no more..stability would be nice. It's not just us though is it..British speedway is in dissarray and the changes over the winter have made no difference. Buster Chapman has embarrassed himself this year and if he doesn't get sacked should step down..as should his sidekick Godfrey by the sounds of it.

Edited by Lukas
  • Like 2

Vengeance is mine sayeth the BSPA/SCB

Ged only had to say no a few months aback and you wouldn't be in this situation. Only one person is to blame, wake up and smell the coffee

• Like 6

Ged only had to say no a few months aback and you wouldn't be in this situation. Only one person is to blame, wake up and smell the coffee

Well the story went that he did say no but then sought advice (probably explaining how such money could be used productively for Peterborough Speedway), which isn't unreasonable is it, unless you're asking a wrong un of course!

The advice allegedly (which we assume is the bad advice mentioned in the mysterious written verdict) was to take the money and small fine that might come his way.

Yes Rathbone should have stuck at no but clearly was also badly advised locally of how dangerous paddling in the shark infested custard is.

Those who can't see that need more than coffee to bring them to their senses.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 2

Should have said no and stuck to it. Wouldn't have had any issues over next season, having said that, hindsight is a wonderful thing. Is ged a business man?? Would he run his business like that?

If there is a next time, I'm sure he will say no and stick to it.

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 1