British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

There seems to be a number revelling in the plight Panthers find themselves in. According to some Panthers fans are acceptable collateral damage in the pursuit of perceived justice.

There seems to be a number revelling in the plight Panthers find themselves in. According to some Panthers fans are acceptable collateral damage in the pursuit of perceived justice.

Nothing new Rodders. Same in 2007/08, 2010, 2013/14 and now 2017.

We've never been forgiven for this:

Heat 13: ANDERSEN, Hancock, Hall, McGowan 7-2 38-43

Heat 14: Re-run Sullivan, Hall, Gjedde 5-1 43-44

Heat 15: Sullivan, Andersen, Hancock, Kolodziej 5-1 48-45

Peterborough vs Reading EL final 2nd leg 09/10/06 (updates)

Edited by Crump99

Nothing new Rodders. Same in 2007/08, 2010, 2013/14 and now 2017.

I'll dine out on that for the rest of my life. Special mention to the contribution of Jim Lynch and his tactics.
  • Like 1

I'll dine out on that for the rest of my life. Special mention to the contribution of Jim Lynch and his tactics.

It would be interesting to know the thinking around heat 15 and who took which gates. Hancock in gate one and you'd probably been on gruel for the rest of your life!

All worth a 2nd look anyway: Heat 14 - Heat 15

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

You really shouldn't listen to rumours unless you want to get your fingers burnt yet again.

😂😂😉😉🖒

Ive not seen even 1 post 'revelling' in the siuation.

I also dont think anyone sees the club or fans as 'acceptable collateral damage'. If Boro were to close as a result of this it would be a lamentable situation.

It would be interesting to know the thinking around heat 15 and who took which gates. Hancock in gate one and you'd probably be on gruel for the rest of your life!

All worth a 2nd look anyway: Heat 14 - Heat 15

Thanks. It was good to see those races again......also the one that followed 'Chris Harris ~ Man of Steel.' :)

For all the stick Lambo and Ulrich got at the start of the season they have been reliable club men and put in some good performances. Add to that Bomber who is a joy to watch and a real team man and they would be my first 3 names on the team sheet for next season..should we run that is. Would be a real nice end to the season on Sunday if Ged could confirm that on Sunday as I'm sure making the KO cup final has cheered him up no end and given him a little financial boost.

Edited by Lukas
  • Like 6

For all the stick Lambo and Ulrich got at the start of the season they have been reliable club men and put in some good performances. Add to that Bomber who is a joy to watch and a real team man and they would be my first 3 names on the team sheet for next season..should we run that is. Would be a real nice end to the season on Sunday if Ged could confirm that on Sunday as I'm sure making the KO cup final has cheered him up no end and given him a little financial boost.

The 3 riders you mentioned are TEAM men through and through, Pity it didn't rub off on a couple of others.
  • Like 4

Carl Johnson has confirmed that Panthers will ride next season

does this post not put you at ease or is it fake ?

Depends what your objective is. Harris will score good points but you'd still need a no1 and that will decide about the other two. If Rathbone stays, and in this league, then you'd guess that he'd fit Ostrich in regardless because of his ties with him. Lambert is the luxury that could be the problem. We knew that he'd do what he's doing now as soon as he dropped to reserve but he's a yo-yo rider and we've played the "we'll always have a strong reserve" card a few times now, much like strength in depth. Neither seem to work for us.

Edited by Crump99

does this post not put you at ease or is it fake ?

It was true prior to Ged getting fined and banned Edited by Flappy

That seems to be a reason to LIKE Peterborough Speedway rather than dislike them. ;)

Well it was if you were an Oxford or Swindon fan. :D

All the best

Rob

If Starke and Lambert help Redcar to a league point at Sheffield, they will knock @PboroPanthers back down to 6th place #speedway🙈