British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

Why would Jacks priorities be at Peterborough when he has Poole and Torun? Earns more money at his other clubs, Peterborough is just an easy extra pay check for him, I dont blame him for wanting to ride in Torun to be honest its gonna better his career riding with the big boys, whos he riding with at Peterborough? Ulrich and Harris 😂🙈

..words fail me..other than...what a nob. Edited by Lukas

The only possible justification of a fine at the suggested level is if was the same as the alleged bung. At the moment both are only speculation.

• Like 1

Ha ha get in there Lucas..well said that man

Isn't the bond 40 grand? So may only have to find 5 if he does chuck it in?

..words fail me..other than...nob.

True though, whats gonna make him a better rider, riding for Peterborough or riding with his big brother and all the GP lads? Not to mention hed just about earn more scoring 1 point in Torun than he would doing a full meeting for Peterborough, cant fault him for riding in Poland when his UK promoter told him to go, as Ive said, I dont agree with the extent of the punishment but what Im saying is Ged and Matt Ford agreed to let him go, so you cant blame jack for going, if he never got permission to go then Id agree that jack was at fault

True though, whats gonna make him a better rider, riding for Peterborough or riding with his big brother and all the GP lads? Not to mention hed just about earn more scoring 1 point in Torun than he would doing a full meeting for Peterborough, cant fault him for riding in Poland when his UK promoter told him to go, as Ive said, I dont agree with the extent of the punishment but what Im saying is Ged and Matt Ford agreed to let him go, so you cant blame jack for going, if he never got permission to go then Id agree that jack was at fault

Even with permission he has his own mind and knows his responsibilities. There will be plenty of days to choose bigger meetings and paypackets, this was clearly not one of those.

• Like 2

Ha ha get in there Lucas..well said that man

Isn't the bond 40 grand? So may only have to find 5 if he does chuck it in?

A lot of that bond money was donated by supporters to save the club from folding , so at the end of the day if Peterborough closes who are the BSPA / SCB hitting the hardest , the very same people who rallied round to save the club . It could well be the authorities that are responsible for running and organisation of the sport have shot themselves in the feet yet again with there negativity towards those that actually pay to watch and support should it be the end for Peterborough . Most sports like football , boxing , cricket rugby league/ union , tennis and many others would have made it known to the general public regarding there discipline issued within there sport BSPA / SCB stay silent what does this tell us about there credibility other than they come over as a bunch of yellow livered gutless wonders who are doing it in the best interests of the sport .

Your still a nob but only a little one so we wont worry to much .

if Peterborough have written proof from Matt Ford allowing Holder to ride in Poland how will that then be with Poole?

will Poole be sanctioned also?

obviously Ford will say to let him go as he didn't want Holder getting a ban, so will that add anything to Ged's defence?

This is the first post that mentions Poole since the announcement yesterday as a ban for Holder would have affected them also.

Has it taken that long to sort this mess out? No, there has been an inquiry where they have been evaluating the facts. There has been posts of other clubs possibly losing income(Scunthorpe & Newcastle) being the two teams that were first mentioned, when the 4's took place, but judging by the outcry on the forum on the relevant posts on this topic, more fans from other clubs have voted with there feet & stayed away.

The Jake Knight suspension(wrongly in my view) was handled almost straight away as it was in the Regulations of the outcome.

What, if anything, will happen to our Team GB riders, Cook & Lambert over their misdemeanours.

Actually, on Facebook Ged reacted to my post saying he was wrong, and should have been punished. In reply he implied that he had made a payment to my club, Newcastle, and when I asked "Why ?" he did not reply. It can be assumed, I think, that he has made some payment to Newcastle to offset any losses that my club may have incurred. Pleased he didn't answer as Facebook is not the arena for such discussions.

• Like 3

if Peterborough have written proof from Matt Ford allowing Holder to ride in Poland how will that then be with Poole?

will Poole be sanctioned also?

obviously Ford will say to let him go as he didn't want Holder getting a ban, so will that add anything to Ged's defence?

I'm sure if they had it would have been produced and the reported outcome would have reflected that.

It's like saying that if Peterborough had written proof that the BSPA did agree with the action: "The move drew a furious response from British Speedway Promoters’ Association (BSPA) chairman Buster Chapman even though it has emerged Panthers sought the advice of another member of the organisation’s management committee beforehand."

It's all like the verbal agreements allegedly received from the BSPA regarding Andersen, Batchelor and Swindon at that time. It's all nod, wink and verbal without pen hitting paper and then when it goes pear shaped the conversation never happened, or at least not as understood.

Edited by Crump99

£10,000 is a helluva ambitious target.

Be amazed if they get anywhere near it.

If they do it will not please BSPA/SCB.

• Like 1

I can't believe people are donating, but then again this is speedway and speedway fans. Strange bunch of people.

• Like 1

strang people eh ! remind us all just how many meetings you have attended at foxhole this year and why ..... a nice answer tho !

• Like 1