British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Blackadder

Sheffield V Leicester Prom./rel. Play Offs 1st & 2nd Legs

Get real all the haters and moaners the Bates family and Peter Mole have put in 1000s to keep Sheffield in a league. Ive seen it first hand all the under handed shanigans from certain promoters against them and the hard work they have put into Sheffield speedway. Most people would have given up I can assure you. The Bates family not only put allot of personal money into league racing but money into UK rider development in the world u21 meetings.

Give them a break haters, in fact I urge you all to fill their PM and email boxes with praise for what they have achieved over the past three years as they have sacrificed more than you can imagine.

Well done Sheffield and Leicester promo we the fans want more of you!!!!

THANK YOU

• Like 9

Like I said earlier without JG and KH Sheffield were always going to be up against it.Have seen a lot worse matches than that.Leicester riders were sharper out the gate all night.Dont see what all the fuss is about.

Just a thought on the whole promotion/regelation for Sheffield & Leicester.

From what I have heard/been told before, you cannot run 2 teams within the same league. I understand Neil Machin does a lot of the work at Leicester, but I'm sure the bates family own both clubs.

So would this rule out the possibility of Sheffield going up anyway if the fixed race nights come in next season? Or a switch of leagues from Leicester and Sheffield anyway?

Just a thought on the whole promotion/regelation for Sheffield & Leicester.

From what I have heard/been told before, you cannot run 2 teams within the same league. I understand Neil Machin does a lot of the work at Leicester, but I'm sure the bates family own both clubs.

So would this rule out the possibility of Sheffield going up anyway if the fixed race nights come in next season? Or a switch of leagues from Leicester and Sheffield anyway?

I think you cant be promoter at 2 clubs, so Bates is promoter at Sheffield and co-owner at Leicester, not 100% sure though, sure it was the same with Chris Van Straaten and Wolves/Redcar

• Like 1

I think you cant be promoter at 2 clubs, so Bates is promoter at Sheffield and co-owner at Leicester, not 100% sure though, sure it was the same with Chris Van Straaten and Wolves/Redcar

And the real difference is exactly what.

Either you can be involved at more than one club or not.

The Bates family own Leicester and Marc Bates is the main Promoter at Leicester with Neil Machin & Dave Darcy as Co Promoters.

At Sheffield the club is Promoted by Damian Bates, Peter Mole and Julie Reading as far as I am aware.

Edited by flagrag
  • Like 1

And the real difference is exactly what.

Either you can be involved at more than one club or not.

Check the websites for Wolves & Redcar!

Chris Van Straaten is a co-Promoter at Wolves & Director at Redcar

The Lakeside situation isnt a mockery. They were an established top flight team with a top flight licence which has been 'on ice' this year whilst certain matters were sorted.

They raced in the NL to maintain a prescence and are perfectly entitled to retake their place in the top flight.

Dont disagree that the promotion/relegation tie could be described as a mockery though.

It is a mockery. They could just choose to drop down and back up again.

Maybe Manchester United could ask for a season in league two and then pop back to the Premiership when they fancy it.

Lakeside quit the EL. Yet can move back up. What a joke.

It is a mockery. They could just choose to drop down and back up again.

Maybe Manchester United could ask for a season in league two and then pop back to the Premiership when they fancy it.

Lakeside quit the EL. Yet can move back up. What a joke.

But in speedway its not an unprecented situation.

You wouldnt expect for example for Coventry to have to start again in the 3rd tier once they are able to get back on track.

Speedway is more like a franchise situation.

You wouldnt expect for example for Coventry to have to start again in the 3rd tier once they are able to get back on track.

HMMM, time . for a drive thru Mcdonalds . where did i park the car ?

Just to put it out there.

Did anybody see the scores last night from Sheffield v Ipswich?

The Leicester reserves who got an amazing 24 points between them on Monday, got 8 last night.

Why's that?

Because they were riding against like for like riders in their championship positions in the team, hence they didn't find it so easy.

The meeting last Monday was a joke but definitely not a fix.

What would happen if you put a team of Jan Graverson's againt a team of conference riders. The same thing!

• Like 1

Get real all the haters and moaners the Bates family and Peter Mole have put in 1000s to keep Sheffield in a league. Ive seen it first hand all the under handed shanigans from certain promoters against them and the hard work they have put into Sheffield speedway. Most people would have given up I can assure you. The Bates family not only put allot of personal money into league racing but money into UK rider development in the world u21 meetings.

Give them a break haters, in fact I urge you all to fill their PM and email boxes with praise for what they have achieved over the past three years as they have sacrificed more than you can imagine.

Well done Sheffield and Leicester promo we the fans want more of you!!!!

THANK YOU

Couldn't agree more, cant understand the knockers, hopefully both teams will still be here next season

But if youre going to have promotion and relegation meetings you cant let clubs relegate/promote themselves in a whim.

But if youre going to have promotion and relegation meetings you cant let clubs relegate/promote themselves in a whim.

Agree with that but I would get rid of the promotion/relegation rather than the parachuting in to chosen leagues

What should happen is automatic promotion and relegation.

Have Play Offs for League titles but not for the chance to be promoted.

And if you want to move up the league then you do it by promotion.