British Speedway Forum

So are swindon running next year? And at the abbey? For some reason I have it in my head that pearson said it was last meeting ever at abbey in the play off final??

Pretty sure I read that Swindon were ok for 2018 at the old Abbey.I could be wrong though :o

So are swindon running next year? And at the abbey? For some reason I have it in my head that pearson said it was last meeting ever at abbey in the play off final??

Do not believe what he says, he has not got a clue, mind you, re the new stadium neither have the Swindon management.

Love that Swindon are taking the commercial side of the business seriously, have just had bike covers made in our colours for the club bike (think its one of Zachs from this year).

Think it's to tour it round the Primary schools etc

Pretty sure I read that Swindon were ok for 2018 at the old Abbey.I could be wrong though :o

Yeah all systems go as per usual

Cant believe that Rosco is saying hes unsure if well have Doyley until he sees what the agm brings.

Sod the points limit or what happens at the agm as it would be financial suicide not to include the WORLD CHAMPION.

Edited by Crazy robin
  • Like 1

Cant believe that Rosco is saying hes unsure if well have Doyley until he sees what the agm brings.

Sod the points limit or what happens at the agm as it would be financial suicide not to include the WORLD CHAMPION.

Agree but if the worst came to the worst and the bspa come up with a soppy team limit remember when he missed meetings through injury we still won most, if not all of them.

I hope the limit goes up so we can keep the majority of the team.

Agree but if the worst came to the worst and the bspa come up with a soppy team limit remember when he missed meetings through injury we still won most, if not all of them.

I hope the limit goes up so we can keep the majority of the team.

No co-incidence the top 2 teams had genuine No 1s though & regardless of the limit Id have him back.

• Like 1

No co-incidence the top 2 teams had genuine No 1s though & regardless of the limit Id have him back.

Agree. Absolute madness to not sign the world champ no matter what the averages are. Go for Nick and Doyley at the top and hope we unearth another Musiliek!

I was thinking wouldn't it be great if Nick made it and earned himself a testimonial with the Robins.Can't see if he rides the Uk why he would leave and this year he has really pushed on.Rosco fair play should take alot of credit because he has had total belief in Nick's ability and now the club has reaped the rewards.Now i even look at Nick as a number 1 at home because he is very good and consistent at the Abbey hope he can push on another notch again in 2018.

• Like 2

I think a lot will depend on whether a TV deal is forthcoming.

I think a lot will depend on whether a TV deal is forthcoming.

Agreed because without it the money available for riders will be somewhat limited.

Aside from the money, riders, clubs (and the leagues for that matter) want the TV exposure for their sponsors - existing and potential - so even if BT don't cough up any cash and there isn't any other TV company interested, the BSPA should still go with a BT offer to televise live meetings!!

Edited by Skidder1

Aside from the money, riders, clubs (and the leagues for that matter) want the TV exposure for their sponsors - existing and potential - so even if BT don't cough up any cash and there isn't any other TV company interested, the BSPA should still go with a BT offer to televise live meetings!!

But will they if they are not being paid ? based on some promoters previous business acumen I doubt it.

Heard on the grapevine a few weeks ago it could be rubbish that work at the Abbey might happen in January.The back straight to be narrowed in and Houses will be built pretty close.upsides.

Heard on the grapevine a few weeks ago it could be rubbish that work at the Abbey might happen in January.The back straight to be narrowed in and Houses will be built pretty close.upsides.

Does that mean we might keep the existing stadium, and do you mean the track will be made narrower or bought in on the centre green making the bends sharper?

Does that mean we might keep the existing stadium, and do you mean the track will be made narrower or bought in on the centre green making the bends sharper?

That is what i heard and the Market is to go as well?. If it happens the viewing set up will be just like Wolverhampton.