7. Zach Wajtknecht 3.21

To weak at reserve.

Morris 8.87

Musielak 7.37

Kildemand 7.10

Ellis 5.56

BWD 4.67

Zach 3.21

Leaves 5.72 (which, coincidentally, is Stuart Robson's average)

Morris 8.87

Musielak 7.37

Kildemand 7.10

Ellis 5.56

BWD 4.67

Zach 3.21

Leaves 5.72 (which, coincidentally, is Stuart Robson's average)

As much as I don't mind that side I can't see Killer being back. Signed in Denmark & also the top leagues in Poland & Sweden. Not sure he can take anything else on if the Polish rule still exists.

That said I think that the team could look like this:

Morris - 8.87

Batch - 7.63 or Zengi - 7.79

Musielak - 7.37

Ellis - 5.56

A.N other - 5.19 (with Batch) or 5.03 ( with Zengi) - My guess is a newbie to the UK. If Smektala is an option on a 5 I'd have him.

BWD - 4.67

Zach - 3.21

I think for the fans that are crying out for more top riders in GB, there can only be disappointment. With the Polish rules not allowing any rider signing a contract to their league to ride for more than 2 other leagues, the lack of any tv money & only average attendances at most tracks, the top riders won't be back. So let's get behind our teams & stop whingeing.

• Like 1

Morris

Ellis

Bellego

Musielak

Killer/Zengi/Batchelor

Zach W

Whatever is left

Possibly weak at reserve but a very solid top 5....with only one reserve race and the tac sub back but not in use in heat 8, I think this is the way to go

Lots of proposed teams including Zac (3.21) but not mentioning Stefan Nielsen (3.67) who was tearing up trees in the Championship last season and has already been signed by Scunthorpe for next season. He’s better value than Zach and could be at reserve with someone like Kyle Newman.

Really should have kept Doyle. Bellego would be a poor signing. Need to go all out on BWD but I can see Somerset using him.

1. N. Morris 8.87

2. Ellis 5.56

3. Musielak 7.37

4. Sedgmen 5.79

5. Batchelor 7.63

6. Nielsen 3.67

7. Wajtknecht 3.21

Edited by Poole Pirates Fanatic

If the rules had allowed it, would Swindon have gone with Doyle and Morris?

PS I can't believe people are really suggesting signing Batchelor

Edited by Hamish McRaker

Why do so many see Troy (7.63) as a better signing than David Bellego (7.37)? David’s form may have dipped at the end of the season but mid-season he was mustard and he’s a much more professional, dedicated and team-orientated rider than Troy. Troy might finally have matured but there’s every chance of some strops that would see him drop his average whereas David only works hard to increase his.

Lots of proposed teams including Zac (3.21) but not mentioning Stefan Nielsen (3.67) who was tearing up trees in the Championship last season and has already been signed by Scunthorpe for next season. He’s better value than Zach and could be at reserve with someone like Kyle Newman.

I guess either would be a decent shout. Stefan was out for almost the whole of 2016 whereas we saw Zach's improvement throughout the campaign last year before his unfortunate accident.

Also think Zach may be eligible for discount from his NL days.....so should be on a 3.13 average.

I guess either would be a decent shout. Stefan was out for almost the whole of 2016 whereas we saw Zach's improvement throughout the campaign last year before his unfortunate accident.

Also think Zach may be eligible for discount from his NL days.....so should be on a 3.13 average.

I would pick Zach all day long over Nielsen we need a pretty decent reserve alongside Zach i think.

Not enough £s in the world of speedway UK it seems and certainly not at Swindon. It was a great surprise that they had a successful year on track and still made a loss! So, did any track make a profit in 2017?

The problem for Swindon going top heavy at the start meant they couldnt make changes until their lowered average kicked in. This left them with only eight fixtures before the cup meetings in September.

The fans werent interested in the losing team and it took a few meetings for people to realise they were contenders after strengthening up.

Though it often brings silverware it can be a dangerous approach as early to mid season crowds are low.

The problem for Swindon going top heavy at the start meant they couldnt make changes until their lowered average kicked in. This left them with only eight fixtures before the cup meetings in September.

The fans werent interested in the losing team and it took a few meetings for people to realise they were contenders after strengthening up.

Though it often brings silverware it can be a dangerous approach as early to mid season crowds are low.

I felt the crowds held up ok generally, i know there was alot of 10 pound meeting's to get people in but the main problem was the lack of meeting's.People get used to not going when there are three/four week gaps between meeting's that has to be addressed in 2018. Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 3

I felt the crowds held up ok generally, i know there was alot of 10 pound meeting's to get people in but the main problem was the lack of meeting's.People get used to not going when there are three/four week gaps between meeting's that has to be addressed in 2018.

Agreed the gaps were a joke, then many matches in a couple of weeks later in the season.

Why do so many see Troy (7.63) as a better signing than David Bellego (7.37)? David’s form may have dipped at the end of the season but mid-season he was mustard and he’s a much more professional, dedicated and team-orientated rider than Troy. Troy might finally have matured but there’s every chance of some strops that would see him drop his average whereas David only works hard to increase his.

Sorry, Have I missed something? Batch has matured? Has this happened during this close season? Has he taken a herbal remedy whilst back home in Oz that has rendered him mature?

Why not welcome him back, if he’s now mature, perhaps we can forget about the wet tracks and his dreaded speeches on the centre green ‘mike’.

Just saying.

• Like 2