British Speedway Forum

And some Swindon fans had the audacity to slag off the two Poole signings last night.  :lol:

Seriously, where's the value in that signing? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

And some Swindon fans had the audacity to slag off the two Poole signings last night.  :lol:

He held his average this season & we do so in 2018. Swindon's team may lack a reserve of note but if Batch is bought back we will have one of the strongest top 5's, if not the strongest. As it stands I'm more than happy with the 5 announced. Do you believe Poole will still smash 50 past Swindon at the Abbey?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well he was an integral part of the team that won the league last year and beat your team five times, I’d say that’s worth something? 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I am the complete  opposite to you i like the continuity of this team why change for change sake.Bellego will find it hard to maintain that figure but we look quite solid and Bellego on it is very good at the Abbey i think at Home we could be hard to beat.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Maybe because Bellego proved himself last season in our league.................Pooles Poles need to prove they will 

22 minutes ago, Jonny the spud said:

Well he was an integral part of the team that won the league last year and beat your team five times, I’d say that’s worth something? 

spot on.

36 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

There is none. Strange signing. The team certainly has a cheap feel to it.

The only positive is that it's all relative. No one else has announced a staggeringly strong line-up (yet), so fingers crossed the reason we look weak is that we're the first to declare signings.

16 minutes ago, MattK said:

There is none. Strange signing. The team certainly has a cheap feel to it.

The only positive is that it's all relative. No one else has announced a staggeringly strong line-up (yet), so fingers crossed the reason we look weak is that we're the first to declare signings.

We have 5 from this years 7 which won the league. I don't see what the real issue is. Yes I would have liked Doyle but you have to live within your means. Approx 10.2 left for 2 spaces, will we go Batch & Davey as it's been suggested or will have look to have a stronger reserve.

Edited by hyabb17
  • Like 2

There may not appear to be a big numerical value on Bellego's average, but the real value is, I suspect, in team spirit, which paid a large part in last year's success.

Keeping as much of the side together as possible is a good thing, in my opinion, especially after being unable to retain Doyle. It gives the team a kind of "ok, you did it with Jason - now let's see what you can do without him" feel.

All sides will be similar to us in strength. The problem with low points limits is if one team (possibly Poole this year) can get a big improver in it is very hard for others to do anything about it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hyabb17 said:

We have 5 from this years 7 which won the league. I don't see what the real issue is. Yes I would have liked Doyle but you have to live within your means. Approx 10.2 left for 2 spaces, will we go Batch & Davey as it's been suggested or will have look to have a stronger reserve.

I think the key is who we haven't signed, rather than who we have.

Plus, last year's defining moment was signing Musielak on his low average from a previous season. We son't have any riders offering that kind of value in 2018.

2 hours ago, Jonny the spud said:

Two words. No Doyle.

So the team is basically the same but without the world champion. The rider replacing Doyle needs to up his scoring to cover the shortfall, or each team member needs to up their average considerably to be where they were last season. 

Bellego rode well for the first half of last season but faded to his form outside the UK. No doubt, he suprised everyone with his early season form, especially at Blunsdon. But he got a high average and is brought back with no value in it. Can he improve on it? I have my doubts. Rosco clearly thinks so to bring him in.

Swindon do have riders who are going to improve. Morris and Ellis will increase their averages, I have no doubt. But Musiliak and Bellego? I don’t think so. Swindon won the league because Musiliak came in on a very low average. No such luxury this time around.

It’s just an opinion of course. 

Edited by Steve Shovlar

12 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Two words. No Doyle.

So the team is basically the same but without the world champion. The rider replacing Doyle needs to up his scoring to cover the shortfall, or each team member needs to up their average considerably to be where they were last season. 

Bellego rode well for the first half of last season but faded to his form outside the UK. No doubt, he suprised everyone with his early season form, especially at Blunsdon. But he got a high average and is brought back with no value in it. Can he improve on it? I have my doubts. Rosco clearly thinks so to bring him in.

Swindon do have riders who are going to improve. Morris and Ellis will increase their averages, I have no doubt. But Musiliak and Bellego? I don’t think so. Swindon won the league because Musiliak came in on a very low average. No such luxury this time around.

It’s just an opinion of course. 

I actually think Musielak is more likely to improve on his average than Morris is. Nick will do well to maintain his average.

Musielak can push on to be an 8.5 rider, he was solid both home and away in 2017 and can build on that by being in from the start of 2018. Ellis will improve on his also. If, as rumoured, Batch is to come in then I'd expect a slight increase in him also. Nick and Bellego to maintain and the reserves can hopefully surprise a few. Not so bad after all.

• Like 1

I think if we sign Batchelor or someone of the same ilk we will be looking good Musielak for me can do better.He can still improve certainly around the Abbey  Adam, Zach will improve but the biggest thing for me is some of the other teams with there line up's hardly scare you.